LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-04-17, 3:36pm
It's all about the color.

I just got mine, but I have a question Cynthia. Do you get your glass from Arrow Springs? They call Effetre-275 Dark Silver Plumb - and most others I've seen call it Dark Silver Plum. Took me a minute or so to realize it wasn't a spelling error.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-17, 6:35pm

You were workin' that fish like a pro. Besides, puppy was way more fun to watch He LOVES me. I'll be waiting to see your "Star".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Ok you want to hear about pressure. I am in my gallery today about 5 minutes into making my first Star-(Fish) and in walks Cynthia. Man try to make one and have the master looking over your shoulder. I was sweating that one out. Good thing she likes my little dog so he distracted her and I got the little fish done and in the kiln.

She will be out of the kiln in the morning and I will post a pic in a day or two.

John

Old 2011-04-17, 6:36pm

I believe I got my Dark Silver Plumb at CRLoo. I am not familiar with the numbers, I just know the name. It is Effetre but different companies have different #s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listenup View Post
I just got mine, but I have a question Cynthia. Do you get your glass from Arrow Springs? They call Effetre-275 Dark Silver Plumb - and most others I've seen call it Dark Silver Plum. Took me a minute or so to realize it wasn't a spelling error.

Old 2011-04-17, 6:39pm

OK, I see. It wasn't the number but the "b" on the end. Not a problem when you realize it's the same thing. In other words, I have the Plum, but not the Plumb. If they're the same, it's all good.

Hugs (and can't wait to try it.)

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2011-04-17, 6:45pm

OHHHhhhh...I see what your saying. Did I type "plumb"? Oh good Lord. I have to go back and see. Thanks for catching that. It's the same color, I just messed up

Old 2011-04-17, 9:41pm

Yes, in more than one spot. That's what Arrow Springs calls it though which is why I asked if that's where you got it.

Old 2011-04-18, 4:32am

So glad I checked out the tutorial section today.. I've hoped you would write a tutorial on your fish. I look forward to giving it a try.
Thanks
Darlene

Old 2011-04-18, 7:53am

Thank you Darlene. I just sent it out to you. Hope you enjoy it

Old 2012-07-17, 5:28am

Default I got my tutorial and

I just did not get around to it. Since I am so new to the glass, I was a bit unsure of it.. Well I dove in and they both survived, despite the kiln having a hick up and failing during the start up. Did not realize until I went to garage the fishy.. UGH.. She made it though. The first one took me forever!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 hours and she is of the whale family, big girl. The second one about half that time and is more of the tuna family. LOL

I am on a hothead and I was worrying that it would crack while trying to do all the little steps. Beginners luck, they are beautifully awful. hehehhehe
I don't know what I am going to do with them, but will be making some more. (smaller version)

I came here hoping to see some other work using the tutorial, but no photos. NOT one. ugh.

I will post mine as soon as I can take them to the shop where the camera is. Be prepared for a chuckle..
Cher
Old 2012-07-17, 8:35pm

Default fishy

Ok, no laughing.
My first from the tutorial.
The first one is quite the honker.. The second I scaled down a bit.
NO cracks, even though the kiln pulled a "failure" on me just as I was putting the first one in.

Cher
Attached Images

Old 2012-07-17, 9:01pm
Loving learning

Cherri, those are darling!
Old 2012-07-17, 9:07pm

Thank you.
Now that I have done them, will have to try different colors.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:37am

Those are great. Mine looked deformed, just awful. Good job.
Old 2012-07-18, 10:58am

I just saw this thread. Cher, those are just adorable. I love the one on the left. What sexy lips LOL!

Old 2012-07-18, 5:32pm

Thank you. They are fun.
Old 2012-07-28, 8:57am
Don't worry, bead happy!

Is this tutorial still available somewhere? It's not linking up...
Old 2012-07-28, 8:58am
Don't worry, bead happy!

Very cute, Cherri!!!!
Old 2012-07-28, 10:58am

I'm having the same problem. I'm wondering if etsy is pulling something. I'd love to see the tut, though!
Old 2012-07-28, 11:34am
Loving learning

Maybe she is at the Gathering & hasn't been able to check in.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:03pm

Default Making of a Star

I can't get it to open either.. I agree with Eileen, she may be away. I am sure she will see these posts as soon as she returns.

They are challenging but fun at the same time. I get lots of comments on the ones I made..
Old 2012-07-29, 12:51pm

Hi guys. I WISH I was at the Gathering. No such luck. If anyone wants a tutorial, you can message me and I'll invoice you. They are $24.00.

Thanks for your interest