LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-02-04, 11:50am
I speak Murrini!

I gave this a try in the wee hours last night. I'm gonna PM you some questions Jennie...and although I'm not super excited about doing it, I MIGHT dare show a pic or two of the "first try" results.

I think I made some mistakes, but at this point I won't reveal exactly what those were as I think that would be too much of a "give away" of the secrets contained in this Tutorial. Suffice it to say I think it's VITAL to follow the directions exactly - especially on Page 15!!!

Also, like Pat, I didn't have the exact recommend "tool" from the Tutorial - but now I MUST find one! I tried an alternative (Wimzacalities Tool) which didn't work at all, and ended up using a clear stringer so as not to waste the effort put in to build the base. I think that may have contributed to my lack of success as well.

I also will consider trying again with different colors; I didn't have color #1 from the Tutorial, so I used Reich 104 "Raspberry" instead, but I was surprised at how that color didn't even show up in the end resulting bead! I'm sure it's because I didn't strictly follow the instructions on Page 15!! Doh! Still, I think my bead came out a little "muddy" overall in colors chosen (the remaining colors used were exactly as indicated in the Tutorial) so I will definitely try a different color set on the next time round.

Don't forget, too, that I'm working on a Hot Head! If you are on a HH and are going to try this Tutorial/Bead, I seriously recommend starting with a full tank of MapPro and being patient. This is not a quickie bead if you're going to be using a Hot Head, so be prepared! It is also not an itty-bitty bead - at least on the first try - although I suspect after some practice you can adapt to make it smaller.

Never give up...never surrender!!!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-02-04, 1:18pm

Hey De, You can use whatever colours you like I just picked those for the Tut! Do drop me a pm if you need further help. If you use a stringer to swirll you will lose some depth and your air bubble but that said I think Pats look cool without! All the colours will be visible if you follow the encasing instructions but I think on a HH it is not going to be easy but as you say : Never Give UP!! Have a good weekend!

Jennie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jennie Lamb, Raspberry Rings ~ New FEATHER SWIRL Bead Tutorial available in my Etsy Shop today!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-02-04, 2:25pm
I speak Murrini!

Hi Jennie~

Just shot you a PM; I'm going to try again tonight! For giggles, here's a few pictures of my "first try" I'll hope for better results to post tomorrow...

Wish me luck!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2012-02-04, 2:57pm

Hey I can see it coming together! :0)

Jennie Lamb, Raspberry Rings ~ New FEATHER SWIRL Bead Tutorial available in my Etsy Shop today!

Old 2012-02-04, 3:08pm

Hey that looks good for the firstie! I'm showing this ugly bead to show to be careful with glass selection. Some of the CIM are too translucent and the divitrified edp pink made the whole thing a bubbly mess.
Attached Images

Old 2012-02-05, 11:30am

Jennie, These beads are beautiful. I love all the movement in the swirls. I ordered your tut this morning. I can 't wait to read it and give it a try!
Old 2012-02-05, 3:53pm

Thank you Cheri, hopefully you will have recieved it now.....can't wait to see what you do with it!
Jennie :0)

Old 2012-03-03, 4:49am
Lover of Hot Glass, BABEE

Got my tut and can't wait to give it a try. It is a very well written and beautifully photographed step by step tut. Thanks for sharing. I haven't posted any pics of the things I made as of yet but thinking maybe I will start with this one if I can figure out how......maybe I'll get my 12 yr old daughter to do it. Lol. Thanks again.

Jaquetta
Old 2012-03-03, 7:07pm

These are sooooo much fun. Hope to have some to show tomorrow.

Old 2012-03-04, 2:33pm

These were a lot of fun! I think the most challenging part for me was not breaking my bead release and picking good colors. I really love that Lipstick Odd in the tut so I ordered some, and finally broke down and bought some Lauscha clear.

Last edited by LampworkbyLori; 2012-03-04 at 3:43pm.
Old 2012-03-05, 5:02am

Lori they are FABULOUS!! I love that top green one it is perfect thank you so much for posting it is great to see what people are doing with my tut! Look out that swirl is very addictive LOL!!

Jennie

Old 2012-03-09, 9:07am
Burning Fingers!

Purchased mine last night - hope it gets here for the weekend torching. These beads are so pretty!

/
/
/

Old 2012-03-09, 11:34am
Burning Fingers!

Thanks Jennie - I received it - looks great. I had a question, but it came bouncing back saying you didn't have a yahoo account??

/
/
/

Old 2012-03-09, 11:05pm

My lipstick odd and lauscha came yesterday.. yay! I'm gonna make some more beads this weekend, too, Jane.

Old 2012-03-10, 1:50am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P View Post
Thanks Jennie - I received it - looks great. I had a question, but it came bouncing back saying you didn't have a yahoo account??
Hi Jane...my address is bazaarbarnstaple@yahoo.co.uk or you can message me on Etsy....I am happy to help

Old 2012-03-18, 8:28am
Burning Fingers!

Thanks Jenny, I have sent you an email with an inquiry.

/
/
/

Old 2012-05-22, 7:47pm
too many rods in the fire

So this is TOTALLY "user error" but is anyone else having problems with the bead release breaking on these beads?

I work BIG so I know that is part of the problem. But I just seemed genetically pre-disposed to making big, honkin' beads.

I get to the end and go to do my swirls and break the bead release EVERY time. Then the whole bead ends up wonky because the more I try to shape it, the more the bead release breaks.

Any ideas for me? (other than work smaller!)

Old 2012-05-22, 10:03pm
professional gimme fiver

pm'd you!