Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-02-03, 7:31am

Default An Irish Beadmaking Retreat, October 2011!

Announcing the
First Annual Essence of Mulranny
Beadmakers' Retreat
October 6-14, 2011

Marjorie Langston and I are returning to Ireland this October and we invite you to join us!

Instead of a structured class, this will be a beadmaking retreat. We'll have lots of studio time to create, share, and explore. There will also be several tours around the amazing west coast of Ireland, hosted by a local guide to so that you get the real Irish experience. We've also made sure there is plenty of time to relax and enjoy the sights, sounds, and general atmosphere. There are no words to describe how magical and inspirational the village of Mulranny and the surrounding countryside is.

We will be working in Cheryl Cobern Browne's fantastic new studio. It's worth going just to see what a wonderful facility she has built, let alone to spend time working there! Below you can see the exterior and interior.

All the details can be found here.

We hope you can join us for this adventure. Space is limited so don't wait!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-02-03, 7:33am
Resident hippie

I'll be there Terry!

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-02-03, 7:39am

Great, Anna! I can't wait to meet you. Are you coming to the spring event, the fall event above, or both? We'll be there twice this year! (insert big woohoo here!)

Old 2011-02-03, 7:57am
Resident hippie

Ah OK - I didn't realize Cheryl had so much happening in the autumn.
And I thought the April retreat was the one you were talking about.
Time keeps getting away from me.
I hope to see you sometime Terry - maybe even in September. . .

Old 2011-02-03, 8:57am

It's a hopping place! You are most welcome to both events. See you in April and will look for you in October!

Old 2011-02-03, 9:08am
beads....mmmm

Oh, I wish! I love Ireland and we didn't get that far north in County Mayo.

~plotting~

::
Old 2011-02-03, 9:28am

Anna - we'll look forward to meeting you in the spring and hope you'll join us in October also.

Deborah - let us know if we can help with your "plotting". This really is a magical place and a life-changing experience.

Marjorie
Old 2011-02-03, 10:34am

This little part of County Mayo is very special, Deborah. You really owe it to yourself to experience it!

We can certainly help with plotting, cajoling, and intense encouragement. We've even been known to coach on applying guilt trips. All free services. We do draw the line at threats, though. Have to charge for those.

Old 2011-02-03, 4:06pm
beads....mmmm

Ah, Terry, I am a lucky one. I think all I have to say is, "wanna go back?"

We LOVED Ireland. It looks very much like our area, in fact. I have to check the budget.

Old 2011-02-03, 4:32pm

Oh, that's great! I hope you can swing it. I promise we will have a great time!

Old 2011-02-17, 8:29am

OK Angie - this one's for you. Check out the Park House Hotel in Galway - it's where we will be staying for a couple of nights coming and going to/from
County Mayo. There is also a really good handmade chocolate store in Westport (where we will spend one afternoon) and, oh yeah, a really good bakery...

Marjorie
Old 2011-02-17, 9:26am
Resident hippie

Hi Marjorie!
I can vouch for it being wonderful - I just loved it the weekend we were there in Autumn last year. Just perfect and Cheryl is a star. . .

Old 2011-02-17, 11:40am

Hi Anna - I absolutely agree - Cheryl is a wonderful hostess. Hope Terry, Margo and I will see you when we are there in May/June.

Marjorie
Old 2011-02-27, 6:42am
Resident hippie

Ooh yes - I'm hoping to be there in June -I've asked Cheryl to put my name down.

Old 2011-06-06, 7:01am
Resident hippie

I've asked Cheryl to add my name to the list for Andrea's visit in the autumn. (Insert Big WooHoo here! )
There are still a couple of places left. I thought I took one of the last two but I'll bring my Cricket and a Minor and then there'll be another place or two available.
Treat yourself and get here if you can. It is wonderful. . .
And so great to meet you Marjorie, Terry and Margo! I had a blast.

Old 2011-06-10, 9:17am

Anna - we loved meeting you as well and look forward to seeing you again on our next trip (more details about that soon). Enjoy Andrea's class - I'm so jealous!

Marjorie