No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-11-02, 7:33pm
Super Duper

Default Ident on colors please

Hi, I have some glass that wasn't labeled and am hoping you can tell me what it is. I know one of the purples is EDP and the other 2 are odd lots. The shop I bought them from says their effetre but i have a suspicion they're vetrofond.
I think the rightmost coral is sunset coral but I'm not sure. I have no idea what the red coral is. Sorry for the bad photos but it is the best I could do.

Old 2005-11-02, 7:44pm
sunscreen me baby

If the orange is a coral I would guess pumpkin coral. The pumpkin coral I have stays true to rod color when worked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-11-03, 9:19am

Weird I see labels... lol
Old 2005-11-03, 3:14pm
Super Duper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamn!
Weird I see labels... lol
All the lables say is HM for handmade and the orange coral's label says Special. lol
Old 2005-11-03, 3:26pm

Talking

That's the same glass in both photo's with just dif lighting and dif background?

The yellow could be any yellow it's not the neato handpulled opque yellow that strikes pink, is it even opaque, test a stringer on black.... or clear

the second from the left light purple could be lavender in the first pic, put looks pink in the second, the first rods in pic number one look like a rod of opaque ink blue that someone gave me, I didn't find it inspirational, however in the second picture it looks like one of the exotic pinks... the one that strikes chapped cheek pink, can't remember the colour (tongue pink?) the evil purple is evil purple and the coral looks like old coral does it go grey in the flame?

Lynne
Old 2005-11-03, 4:47pm
Surrounded by Trouble

From right to left, my best guess since it's kind of hard to see.

Odd Lot coral one of the orange ones, as Suzy said probably Pumpkin.
Old Pink Coral, beautiful color, but be careful it can turn gray.
EDP, there is a reason we call it evil.
next 282 purple, some people call it opaque ink blue, or new purple? I love this color. If it is kind of gray in color than it is 282 if it's a little shiney in color than it's lavender
Last one has me stumped unless it is transparent, but it doesn't look to be.

Things that made you go humm. If you could take them outside and take a pic in the sunlight it would help.

Old 2005-11-03, 5:21pm
Super Duper

I think you guys are right about the colors that have been id'ed so far. The redish coral does go grey so that one is confirmed and the yellow/orangish coral stays the same even after being heated.

Here are some better pictures of the two purples. I wouldnt call the darker purple grey so its probbably lavender.
The lighter purple is opaque and gets a little darker in the flame. It was sold to me under the name "odd pink #1" and the dark one as "odd pink #2" but they don't look anything like pink too me and I guess the dark one is not even odd... The lighter rod also has a whitish core surrouded by a darker ring surrounded by the rod color.
The top pic is with flash on and the bottem pic is with flash off. There wasnt much sunlight because its snowing here already...

Thanks
Old 2005-11-03, 5:32pm
sunscreen me baby

They could be the odd vetro pinks. They are purplish gray when worked alone. But if you want to see a really pretty pink try the darker of the two with fushia frit.

~

Old 2005-11-03, 8:14pm
A True Woofer

I think the odd pink on the left is fish pink.

Old 2005-11-04, 10:37am
dances with ideas...

My lot of fish pink is translucent even in the intact rods and there's no line on the end of a heated rod. So I think it's something else. Dunno what.

Old 2005-11-04, 10:47am

The one on the right looks like yellow 418 to me.
2nd Sunset coral is probably right
EDP -254 Purple
The next two almost look like Lauscha colors to me. The pink and the purple (lavender). If they are definately effetre/vetrofond then I would imagine fish pink and pink #3.
This could go on for days. lol