LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2012-05-15, 12:57pm
Still makin' flowers...

Holy heck! There are just pages and pages and pages of beautiful bracelets here. I'm so far behind - I'm really sorry, everyone.

Every last one is simply gorgeous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2012-05-15, 2:18pm
Queen Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyHampton View Post
Here's my latest wrap creation . . . . I have 3 more that I'm working on right now too. I have a problem

This one is triple layer, double wrap bracelet with just a metal button closure. I'd like to add some lampwork danglies as a charm too.

So, this one is a keeper for me even though I originally really wanted to sell it.
I went to Joann's to ask about fabric/thread/leather glue and the stooopid lady there recommended fabri-tac. Said it was great, dried clear and was good for leather. So, um, once it dried it looks like snot (NOT clear!) and I can just pick it off Oh well, guess I'll have to wear it

I'm having a brunette moment trying to figure out how to make it triple layer - can someone explain it to me pretty please? This is GORGEOUS Ginny!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2012-05-17, 5:50am
N2Beadz

The last few bracelets I posted were all finished with lampwork buttons. These aren't but wanted to share them.

Old 2012-05-18, 5:09pm
N2Beadz

Has anyone tried making one of these up using the new tile style beads? A friend just sent me a link where she used the square ones and it looked really nice. I'm thinking the tiles will as well.

Old 2012-05-18, 5:54pm
Uh Oh....

Do you mean Tila beads? They work out well because they have two holes. I've tried to use other flat bead with only one hole and they don't work. They bead want to turn if there is only a hole in the center. The Tila bead bracelets look really delicate. I've seen them with bugle beads too They are nice looking too and make a bracelet that's not as chunky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donia View Post
Has anyone tried making one of these up using the new tile style beads? A friend just sent me a link where she used the square ones and it looked really nice. I'm thinking the tiles will as well.

Old 2012-05-19, 4:13am

I have made a few bracelets with 6 and 8 mm tile beads and it is sharp looking. I like the feel of it on my wrist. I made also made a little girls bracelet with her name in it with little cube alphabet beads included in it. Really sweet .Kelley
Old 2012-05-19, 5:52am

I've been fooling around with this style bracelet. I love using the tile beads. This one is a favorite of mine. CarrieB
Attached Images

Old 2012-05-19, 7:42am
Uh Oh....

Carrie - Love the colors and the different beads. Do the silver beads move around? I tried using coin shaped beads and they wouldn't stay flat. Maybe it was the round shape.

Old 2012-05-19, 7:51am
N2Beadz

ThAnK YoU for the advice ladies!

Carrie, ThAnK YoU for posting the pics. Your design in gorgeous with the different beads within the same design. I really need to search my Tila beads and make one up.

Old 2012-05-19, 9:42am

Thanks for the nice words about my bracelet, Susan & Donia. The silver squares do move around which drives me nuts! I think that is why I love the Czech 2-hole tile beads so much. I have tried coin shapes too & didn't have much luck. My best effort was using that shape as focal for a single wrap style.

These bracelets are a lot fun aren't they? CarrieB
Old 2012-09-11, 7:36am
N2Beadz

Is anyone around here still working any of these up? I just purchased more leather and some new beads and buttons as closures to take on vacation with me soon. I still have a nice stash of lampwork buttons I purchased from a few members here. I'm looking forward to becoming one with my beads on the beach.

Last edited by donia; 2012-09-11 at 7:38am.
Old 2012-09-11, 7:45pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I'm still making them, just haven't been active in the thread. Here's the last one I made. Mother of Pearl beads, purple leather cording and one of my beads for the closure.

Old 2012-09-11, 8:38pm
Uh Oh....

I'm still making them too. A customer wanted one for a friend that has a big wrist:

Used a bunch of different semi-precious gemstone beads and a glass button for the clasp.

Old 2012-10-22, 7:03am
N2Beadz

Donna, love this one!!! I'm so going to have to start looking for some larger big hole beads to work with.

Susan, very nice match with the beads and your lampwork. BeAuTiFuL indeed!!!

Last edited by donia; 2012-10-22 at 11:26am.
Old 2012-10-22, 8:21am
Still makin' flowers...

Nice work, everyone! I was just thinking about these last night and wondering if they were still as popular as they had been. I've been a little out of touch with "trend" jewelry lately and had been missing writing up these free tutorials.

I wasn't a big fan of project accessory, but it was sure getting my butt in gear about trying out new jewelry styles and writing free tutorials. Anyone have any ideas on what I should tackle next for you guys?

Thought you might like to see one of the bead and thread wrap bracelets on her site... http://www.chanluu.com/Wrap-Bracelet...2webgrymix.htm

!
Old 2012-10-22, 11:06am
Karen James

Yes, yes, yes!

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2012-10-22, 11:08am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

That is the one I have been making! I love it and it is quick to make. Thanks again for all of your help, HannahRachel.
Old 2012-10-28, 1:47pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Beautiful Donna and Carrie!!

Old 2012-12-21, 3:58pm
N2Beadz

Susan, love the button!!!

Donna, I like the use of a regular lampwork bead has the closure. I still haven't tried that one and need to. Maybe I need to raid your Etsy shop for some beads like that one pictured as well. It sucks that I sold my lampwork setup and can't make my own any longer. Hubby is making better use of that garage space though than I did. Maybe down the road I'll take it up again. In the mean time keeping up with everyone here and making purchases isn't anything to complain about. : )

Here's my lastest addition to my growning stash of these style bracelets. The gorgeous lampwork button was created by our own Janelle Ethridge with NormadCraftsEtc. She made it really easy to pair a color mix of seed beads to compliment the button. I love the way it all came together and created another keeper for my own collection.

Old 2012-12-21, 6:18pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Sorry I haven't been back in a while... here's a couple more. I can't remember if I showed these or not.
Attached Images

Old 2012-12-21, 7:36pm
I'm meeeeelting

Ooh. I just saw this thread for the first time and I've been wanting to learn how to make these. Thank you!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2012-12-22, 11:34am
Still makin' flowers...

Ooooh, I so have a new version I'm going to be putting up soon. But I think it'll be a separate thread/free tutorial, because its JUST different enough. Keep tuned!

!
Old 2012-12-22, 12:36pm

ooooh new version can't wait

Old 2012-12-22, 3:21pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahRachel View Post
Ooooh, I so have a new version I'm going to be putting up soon. But I think it'll be a separate thread/free tutorial, because its JUST different enough. Keep tuned!
::cough:: if you need a tester ::cough::

Old 2012-12-22, 3:32pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

HR...is it ready yet?????????????????? Can't wait to see it!
Old 2012-12-22, 5:25pm

Know it going to be awesome!! With your talented work. Cann't hardly wait!!!
Thanks for doing and letting this be a free tut. You Rock!!
Janet
Old 2012-12-22, 6:22pm
Still makin' flowers...

LOL! Soon... I promise.

!
Old 2012-12-22, 9:02pm
Uh Oh....

Can't wait to see the new one!!

Old 2012-12-22, 9:03pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I keep seeing new posts and hoping it's the link to the new one! =)

Old 2012-12-22, 9:03pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Hi Susan!!