Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2014-02-10, 6:31pm
Furball

Default Bad Service

Don't know exactly where to put this, but I need to share.
I wanted to share this with anyone who has ever bought from Art Glass House in Cocoa, FL. We went in there today for the first time. Me, looking for boro. My husband, fusible glass. We make jewelry and small tiles that fit in our 13 inch round kiln. All of their fusible glass is listed online in many sizes, but all they had was huge 30 X 46 pieces. When I asked about these smaller sizes, the guy working said he would cut them for a fee, which, whatever, I'll pay. It would take me 10 years to use a sheet that big. The guy then started getting very rude with us, saying "I can tell you are bargain bin people. Here's some scrap that's cheap. Don't look at this dichro, it's expensive, don't look at this sheet, it's expensive," all in a very condescending attitude, calling my husband "boss," and being very rude to us. We planned on dropping around $500 in the store, but after that, just turned around and walked out. I have never been treated like this at a glass shop ever, and we visit them all over the country when we travel, which is a good 250 days a year. Don't give them your business. They are not nice people. They took one look at us and wrote us off.
Old 2014-02-10, 6:33pm
Queen Bee

Did you ask to speak to a manager or the owner when you were there? They really deserve an opportunity to discuss and rectify the situation, before anyone slams them publicly. Please give Ron Bearer a personal call - he will want to know about your bad experience. Their number is 321-631-4477, and ask for Ron personally. Or, you can reach him here on the list - R4GlassStudio. Ron owns the company, and they are known for good service.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry

Last edited by BeadBlossoms; 2014-02-10 at 6:43pm.
Old 2014-02-10, 6:43pm

There is one guy there that has a off beat personality, and he apparently turned you both off. I just gave the attitude straight back to him, and it was fine. My problem was that they were totally out of the BE and Spectrum basic colors in fusible colors, so filling up a crate was really hard. I wound up with way more irid than I wanted. Oh, well, I won't have any shelf sticking problems!

Barbara
Old 2014-02-10, 6:55pm
Furball

I was in disbelief and walked out. I am sure the owner would have been nice, but if that is the owner's customer service frontman, nothing he could say would do it justice.
Old 2014-02-10, 7:19pm

Quote:
I was in disbelief and walked out. I am sure the owner would have been nice, but if that is the owner's customer service frontman, nothing he could say would do it justice.
But if Ron doesn't know there's a problem, how can he do anything to correct it? Ron and Rosio are both wonderful people and I'm sure they would want to be made aware of a customer's dissatisfaction.

Old 2014-02-10, 7:43pm
Flame Dames Rule!

Please do contact Ron - he's big into customer service.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2014-02-10, 10:15pm
Loving learning

I have been there several times, and can't wait to go back.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and I'm sure Ron would have wanted to know.
Old 2014-02-11, 5:12am

call Ron or Rocio. they WILL make it right. this i know for a fact.

but please don't just "let it go". They need to know that their cohorts are scaring customers away.
Old 2014-02-11, 9:04am
Lampworkaholic!

I had a very good experience there. I only spent about $100 but I spent at least an hour hand picking the rods, and the staff was very patient. Ron came out and chatted with us. I think Jesse was the name of the man who was helping me, and he could not have been nicer.

I'm sorry that your experience wasn't good. I hope you call and give Ron a chance to respond.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2014-02-11, 10:18am
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
This is not a good attitude. Mistakes are made by everyone at one time or another including you. This attitude is a mistake. You are basically saying you don't care what everyone on LE is saying, you don't care what Ron or Rocio will say or do to make it right.

I think I would like to hear what the other person involved in this has to say. There may be a lot more you are not telling us. You come across as very rigid.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-11, 10:29am
Slogan Challenged...

No, she comes across as realistic. If she didn't know anyone on LE, there would be no reason for anyone to try to make it "better." It still happened, and that was an experience that could happen to anyone walking in. Who cares what the owners say, later?

They choose to have that type of staff, and that attitude doesn't happen overnight. How is that an innocent mistake? Most customers really won't tell you about their poor treatment, but they will sure tell their friends. That is what is happening here. She has a right to do that.

Lorraine, I am disappointed that you chose to insult her! Everyone else is offering support and suggestions to contact them. She probably didn't know it was an option. It's something that's up to her. They can surely read this thread!

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-02-11, 1:16pm

Please just stop the infighting. You've all said your bits, the op will decide to do what she will. Condemning her will make her unwilling to talk to people again about other things, and condemning each other is just pointless.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2014-02-11, 2:57pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I've been there quite a few times and, while one of the staff is a bit 'not abrasive, but kinda', I will continue to go back and to order from them. Ron and Rocio are two of the finest people there are. Maybe the staff the OP spoke to had something traumatic going on in their life that day and was trying to get their work finished so they could leave...I've never, ever had anyone be downright rude to me in that store. Please call them and talk to Ron or Rocio. They WILL make it right for you, if humanly possible.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2014-02-11, 3:15pm
Furball

Quote:

You come across as very rigid.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Love it. And what do you sound like? You can call me rigid, but let me tell you, I am sparklicous and blow like the breeze. Rigid is never a word anyone has called me.

I don't want to fight. All I did was share what happened to me there, and in the age of the internet, any store that has employees like this should realize how fast and furious bad service stories can spread, and I am sure by what I have heard on other boards, Ron already knows what this employee is like.

Hey, this is America. I am free to walk out and go spend my money anywhere I want, and in this economy, I would expect better. I didn't want to stay around any longer waiting for an apology and then feel obligated to spend money in a store where I already felt unwelcome.
Old 2014-02-11, 4:25pm

Quote:
Love it. And what do you sound like? You can call me rigid, but let me tell you, I am sparklicous and blow like the breeze. Rigid is never a word anyone has called me.

I don't want to fight. All I did was share what happened to me there, and in the age of the internet, any store that has employees like this should realize how fast and furious bad service stories can spread, and I am sure by what I have heard on other boards, Ron already knows what this employee is like.

Hey, this is America. I am free to walk out and go spend my money anywhere I want, and in this economy, I would expect better. I didn't want to stay around any longer waiting for an apology and then feel obligated to spend money in a store where I already felt unwelcome.
As is your prerogative. Let me ask you this. If this were your store, how would you want the customer to handle it?

Old 2014-02-11, 4:42pm
Furball

I have a small business and know the importance of customer service, and would never put a person like this on the floor.
Old 2014-02-11, 6:24pm

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post feedback. I would also like to thank those who sent me PMs and emails letting me know there was a customer service issue.
The customer is always right..... and in this case, it is more than true.
Our store has been going through changes and the open to the public side is something new for us. Customers come in and buy full sheets (24x48") as a standard. We cut sheets in half for shipping and "now" when customer don't require a full sheet. It is true, there is a cut charge, but what that really means is there is a price increase for less than full sheets. Do remember that our prices even at that level will still be very low. Boro customers enjoy a 20%+ discount even when buying one rod. I am just filling in the background a little.
More important, back to the service. The person who helped you is not the primary service rep for instore customers. I will review every part of your service experience with him personally. I completely agree that the chosen words and phrases were inappropriate and rude. This will be addressed and solved.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to post about this experience. All too often, an upset customer could simply leave. Even though they may be quiet, the poor service would continue and more damage would be done. This feedback, while sad to hear, is important to me.
I am truly sorry for the service you were provided.
Ron Bearer
Old 2014-02-11, 11:25pm
Cat Servant

You're a class act Ron.

Peace,
Suz
Old 2014-02-11, 11:32pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

I agree

Quote:
You're a class act Ron.

Peace,
Suz

Vivian

-

Old 2014-02-12, 4:13am

Ron is the MAN. i love art glass house!
Old 2014-02-12, 5:43am

See, now that's a great reply! Classy, non-confrontational, a great explanation and really trying his best to solve a problem. Excellent customer service, in my view. Makes me want to do more business with Ron.

Old 2014-02-12, 7:35am
Angie09

Exactly what ^^^^^^^^^ she said! Love my Art Glass House!
Old 2014-02-12, 8:23am
Loving learning

Exactly what I was thinking!
Old 2014-02-12, 11:23am

QUOTE=kandice;4530544]See, now that's a great reply! Classy, non-confrontational, a great explanation and really trying his best to solve a problem. Excellent customer service, in my view. Makes me want to do more business with Ron.[/quote]

and makes me want to START doing business with Ron (other than my tutrorial)

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-02-12, 3:59pm

I have been a happy customer of the Art Glass House for probably 15 years or more. I love the Bearer family and this was an unusual circumstance. I am happy that Ron had a chance to respond. Class act - just like the rest of his family.
Old 2014-04-17, 12:30pm

Quote:
No, she comes across as realistic. If she didn't know anyone on LE, there would be no reason for anyone to try to make it "better." It still happened, and that was an experience that could happen to anyone walking in. Who cares what the owners say, later?

They choose to have that type of staff, and that attitude doesn't happen overnight. How is that an innocent mistake? Most customers really won't tell you about their poor treatment, but they will sure tell their friends. That is what is happening here. She has a right to do that.

Lorraine, I am disappointed that you chose to insult her! Everyone else is offering support and suggestions to contact them. She probably didn't know it was an option. It's something that's up to her. They can surely read this thread!