Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2009-01-01, 11:32am

Thanks for the tutorial Laurie. I was wondering how they made millis. I am going to give that a try once I get some of those "fancy smancy" heart optic molds.

Debbie
Old 2009-01-01, 11:43am
Anyone need some spacers?

I would love to see what other shapes folks find to use posted here or someplace else. Thanks again Laurie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-01, 11:49am
Mr. Cellophane

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcb View Post
Without getting all controversial and not meaning to stir anything up I say this: This is the reason why I come to LE... the generous sharing nature of it's members. Thank you Laurie for sharing this idea. It's gonna be fun to see where people run with this idea. I'd like to see what people come up with. Thank you.
You are not being controversial at all, and I totally agree.
Laurie you are one class act and thank you for sharing your knowledge of glass with your LE family. Nice job.

And in the sharing vein, here is another great little thread that is related to
murrinis that also shows how wonderful our LE community is with sharing.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116654

Libby

Old 2009-01-01, 12:06pm

thank's for sharring, what a great idea...

sophie
Old 2009-01-01, 6:14pm
NW Oregon

You are wonderful to share this idea Laurie. I love the paper punch optic mold idea. Michaels is going to wonder why they keep running out of the punches!Talk about thinking outside the box, very creative!!!! I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say that we "heart you too"

Great tutorial.

Jennifer

Jennifer
Highland Beads
Old 2009-01-01, 6:34pm

I did this today, worked like a charm.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2009-01-01, 11:55pm
Bobby

Default wow! ! !

Laurie

Now that is one cool idea ! ! !

I just love it when you can have a wow moment.

This was one of those really big WOWs ! ! !

Way to go ! ! !

Bobby

Old 2009-01-02, 12:51am

Default WOW!!!

Oh my gosh Laurie!! That is so incredibly cool. Do you have any idea how many paper punches I have???? I have all kinds of scrapbooking stuff that I have never used (yet) and I am pretty much a paper punch "Ho" - lol.

I am really excited to be able to try this - thank you so much!
Old 2009-01-02, 4:16am
Resident hippie

Laurie - you are a Sweetheart! Thankyou.
Happy New Year to you and everyone on LE!

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2009-01-02, 9:07am

Libby thanks for posting the link to the milli placement thread.

Old 2009-01-02, 4:32pm
Colors outside the lines

Thanks so much for sharing such a clever idea! I think you've got all of us pondering other potential unusual "optic mold" sources with this one.

Leah
Old 2009-01-03, 7:19am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

thanks everyone, this is my gift to you for all the support Ive gotten makign the pdf tutorials

~~
~~
Old 2009-01-03, 2:40pm

Totally brilliant idea Laurie!

Old 2009-01-04, 10:17am

I left a few typos, Ya Know, Just to keep you on your toes, besides without them it just wouldnt be me

~~
~~
Old 2009-01-06, 2:26pm

Thank you so much for the tut, Laurie. I just made it but am afraid to cut it - all I have are large and small nippers -but those don't seem to give a nice flush cut. Where do I find the tool you were talking about? Would anyplace local carry them? Thanks again!

H37
Old 2009-01-06, 2:32pm

Thank you so much for the tut, Laurie. I just made it but am afraid to cut it - all I have are large and small nippers -but those don't seem to give a nice flush cut. Where do I find the wheel rod cutters? Would anyplace local carry them, i.e. hardware store or we do have a stained glass shop nearby? Is there any particular brand that is better than another? I don't want to mess up all my hard work. Thanks again!

H37
Old 2009-01-06, 4:51pm

Laurie, My star turned out wonderful but I stretched it to far and they are TINY LOL.

Old 2009-01-06, 6:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluvs2create View Post
Thank you so much for the tut, Laurie. I just made it but am afraid to cut it - all I have are large and small nippers -but those don't seem to give a nice flush cut. Where do I find the wheel rod cutters? Would anyplace local carry them, i.e. hardware store or we do have a stained glass shop nearby? Is there any particular brand that is better than another? I don't want to mess up all my hard work. Thanks again!
I did get mine from a glass stained supply, so you could probably get some there, they are great!
I know frantz carries some too,
any one else?

~~
~~
Old 2009-01-06, 6:54pm
Sparkle Strumpet

nice!

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
Old 2009-01-07, 7:22am
Valparaíso - Chile

Thank for share.

@cristallo_perle
Old 2009-01-07, 1:51pm

How cleaver of you! Thank you, thank you for the tutorial!

Old 2009-01-08, 7:23pm
Calendar Girl

Default Scrapbooking supplies on sale at JoAnn's

Just got my JoAnn's circular in the mail. 40% off scrapbooking supplies from Jan 11-31!
I bet there will be a run on Marvy green punches!

Old 2009-01-12, 12:29am

Finally got a picture of one of my beads. I'm having issues getting the murrini melted in well, but am working on it.

Red and white heart on Streaky Pink heart.
Attached Images

Old 2009-01-13, 3:06pm

Lara, how stinking cute is that?!!!!

~~
~~
Old 2009-01-13, 5:16pm

Thanks Laurie

Old 2009-01-15, 10:46am
SierraCatz

Very clever....you are soooooo smart.. Purchased my press, took it apart, tried it and it worked!!!! I am somewhat cane challenged so was especially pleased with my result.

Thanks again for sharing..

Barbara -
"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea!" Unknown
Old 2009-01-15, 3:07pm

Well I missed that again. So I will see what I can get on some of the sales on some of them. I know I have a couple but not all of them. Will see again.

Rose Leslie
Old 2009-01-19, 11:53am

what a brilliant idea, Laurie! Thanks so much for sharing!

Old 2009-01-19, 4:13pm

Default I made some thanks for the fun!

Woot Woot, I made some!!
Attached Images

Old 2009-01-20, 12:58pm

ty miss, and awesome hearts dom!!!

~~
~~