Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-06-17, 5:10pm

Default TAG Sparklie Frits

As promised from the Momka Frit thread. Here are my first pass tests with some TAG frit I made for myself from their various sparkle glasses.

Here is the group shot!

Close ups:

Heavy Blue Leprachen

Champange Sparky and Sparky ...

different view ... top black bead is Champange and then next is Sparky. Dark Cobalt over white bead has both Champange on the upper side and Sparky on the bottom side of the photo

The Stardusts!!!
Heavy Blue Stardust on a base of Dark Cobalt over clear (need to try it on a lighter blue).

Green Stardust over a base of one of TAG's experimental Blue Greens
first and then over TAG Slyme (my green stardust has a little blue stardust mixed in because I was too lazy to clean the frit maker between grinders

Just the stardusts from a different angle

And a close-up of the Slyme ... I really love these bead. Think I might go back and make a full set!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-06-17, 5:20pm

Nice. Did you get any of the DFO Moss? I got a sample rod of it with my last TAG order. Made a marble with it in stacked pinwheeled dots today. Looked magnificent on the punty and it worked pretty easy. I will post some pics when it comes out of the annealer tomorrow. I love TAG colors.
Old 2012-06-17, 5:31pm

I'm not sure what the DFO Moss is but Jenny sent me Mighty Moss (which I love already) and she sent me a Heavy Dense Stardust -- it was too pretty to turn into frit. I'm hoarding that one!!

From what she told me the HD Stardust is a bottom of the pot pull that had Heavy Blue Leprechun in the core.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-06-17, 7:42pm

I love sparkles! Nice work Laura!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2012-06-17, 9:32pm

I agree, if it sparkles, I'm in!

Old 2012-06-18, 5:56am

Love them Laura! Especially the Slyme bead. I made a set with slyme, green stardust and some other sparkly and satiny greens. Took awhile to sell but I think she was in love when she got them. It's such a great color.

Old 2012-06-18, 7:01am

I originally got the Slyme for some 3-eyed, glow in the dark, space aliens for BOC. Part of it will still go for that ... but I'm really likeing the stardust and slyme.

Old 2012-06-18, 7:53am
Angie09

Oh good, cuz I have lots of rods with sparkles coming up in my NS/GA/Precision Garage Sale in about a week! Plus I just found a few more Momka's that didn't get in the Momka/TAG sale going on now in the GS.
Old 2012-06-18, 8:28am

DFO Moss (same as Mighty?) Over Satin Slyme
Attached Images

Old 2012-06-18, 10:18am

Whoa! Gorgeous, Larry!

Old 2012-06-18, 10:42am

Love the color combo and sparkles Larry ... beautiful.

Old 2012-06-18, 11:04am

It worked easy as well. I will check with Jenny to find out if this is a one off or production color. Does it look like the mighty moss you have?
Old 2012-06-18, 11:07am

Little too dark for Mighty Moss ... maybe an off shoot of Xenon or the Green Leprechan would be my guess.

Xenon if it kiln striked ... Green Lep if not.

But boy does it sparkle!!!

Old 2012-06-18, 11:33am

Yup. Huge sparkle. It did not require kiln striking at all. I just worked it oxidizing like all aventurines.
Old 2012-06-19, 9:19am

Hi Everyone! The DFO Moss was a mix of Heavy Blue Lep & Mighty Moss sold just at the Degenerate Flame Off this year! But with enough positive feedback, Paul may be convinced to do another batch
Old 2012-06-19, 9:23am

The Xenon is incredible. I've been using a bunch of their sparkles, and they all work like butter. It's crazy to have colors like these, that you can really put to use. I've been loving all the new developments in color.

Old 2012-06-19, 9:35am

Is Xenon a TAG color? I hadn't heard of it before. Do I need some of this, Dave?

I think Dave should put together a "Monthly Must-Haves" club so we can all keep up with the new amazing color developments...

Old 2012-06-19, 10:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymorgan View Post
Hi Everyone! The DFO Moss was a mix of Heavy Blue Lep & Mighty Moss sold just at the Degenerate Flame Off this year! But with enough positive feedback, Paul may be convinced to do another batch
Bethany ... Paul definitely needs to make another batch!!

Old 2012-06-19, 10:04am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson River Glass View Post
Is Xenon a TAG color? I hadn't heard of it before. Do I need some of this, Dave?

I think Dave should put together a "Monthly Must-Haves" club so we can all keep up with the new amazing color developments...
Yup ... there are two newer greens. Green X and Xenon. Xenon starts out pine green with sparkle and color shifts to a more blue/green evergreen in the kiln.

I think some Xenon frit is winging it's way to you right now ... can't remember what all I threw in the package.

Old 2012-06-19, 10:24am

There is a Xenon and a Heavy Xenon. Also, we have some great stuff from TAG called Experimental Blue Green Leprechaun. It's like a sparkly Sea Green.

By the way Susan, that is something I plan on doing with the Twitter account also. I'll be posting new colors, and other products, when we get them.

Old 2012-06-19, 10:25am

Green X is like their version of Experimental Green #5

Old 2012-06-19, 10:38am

Have you guys tried the Champagne Sparky? Or Green Stardust? Those are some good ones we've got right now too.

Old 2012-06-19, 10:56am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieGlass View Post
Bethany ... Paul definitely needs to make another batch!!
I agree. I love it.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR Dave View Post
There is a Xenon and a Heavy Xenon. Also, we have some great stuff from TAG called Experimental Blue Green Leprechaun. It's like a sparkly Sea Green.

By the way Susan, that is something I plan on doing with the Twitter account also. I'll be posting new colors, and other products, when we get them.
Could you do that here or on Melting Pot? I dont twitter and have no plans in the future but would love to get a newsletter like this.
Old 2012-06-19, 11:06am

I can certainly do my best. We have a New Products section on our website also. They are listed in that category, in order from newest to oldest. So, that is also a place you can look at.

I will try to make sure and post all new colors from now on!

Old 2012-06-19, 11:13am

Well while we're at it... I LOVED it when you guys posted new experimentals and color pics on LE. Just in case you ever get bored, Dave...

Old 2012-06-21, 3:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieGlass View Post
Yup ... there are two newer greens. Green X and Xenon. Xenon starts out pine green with sparkle and color shifts to a more blue/green evergreen in the kiln.
Wait, Laura - it's the other left. (That's what happens to me giving directions, I always end up saying "no, the OTHER left" when I said left but meant right.)

The Xenon starts bluer and goes more pine green in the kiln. It has some Green X in it, and that is a blue rod that goes dark green with a pale blue bloom effect.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2012-06-21, 3:26pm

And THANKS DAVE! Your Satin Slyme is on the way, now... fwiw...

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2012-07-30, 9:12am

I have one recent experiment to offer. This was Yellow Pearl, with Sparky #2, Silver Flambe and lg clear frit, encased with Simax.

Old 2012-07-30, 11:58am

oooo pretty Susan.

I've been having fun with Yellow Pearl ... it really does have that pearl sheen and it's so fun to use to bring out other colors.