LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-11-01, 7:31am

Default Any pictures of beads of "Cantelope"?

I found this on the bay and lit ooks interesting. After all, $24 (the asking price) is the same it was selling for anyway when it was new. It's a mixed quarter pound and I am in love with river rock. My friend has some tequila sunrise, which I really liked but I have never seen cantelope in a bead? It's one third of the auction's total which is listed .295 of a pound.

Can anybody tell me if it's worth it and if it keeps the color shown on the auction?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=007
Old 2007-11-01, 7:34am
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

I've never heard of it, but it sure looks pretty.

Vivian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-11-01, 8:05am

Huh? How do you get that as the original asking price? Original price on most corals is usually betweein $10 & $14 a pound. RiverRock was $24 a pound originally (yes, now it goes about $22-$24 a quarter pound. Tequila Sunrise goes around $80-$100 a pound on average now). The price on the glass IS perfectly fair as an asking price though--once odd corals are gone, they're gone & the demand goes up if they're desirable--it's a get 'em while you can, or be prepared to PAY kinda deal!!!

Oh-If I had the cash--I'd bid on that auction in a heartbeat--that's a sure-to-ship, great seller to buy from! That's Robin "FosterFire", who brought us the beadrelease, selling off that glass!!
I'm really glad you posted it too--I've got a couple rods of the cantalope from an old batch of glass I bought from someone selling off some glass a few years ago--never knew what they were! (and of course I've never melted them )--he had them all labled "mixed old corals"--guys )--I've never seen such a fabulous picture to figure out what it was!!
~luna

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-11-01, 9:32am

OH! I thought they were all odd lots and because they were odd lots they must have been $24 per pound. Thanks! I didn't realize they were that old. Or that expensive!!

so now I'm even more curious..no pictures? anybody?
Old 2007-11-01, 12:29pm
Life is change. Love it

You should ask Kandice Seeber, I see she's bidding on it. She often uses delicious colours like this!

Old 2007-11-01, 1:32pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

I would never have called this cantelope. I would have called it ripe mango or maybe just Mango! Anyway, here are various cantelope beads, lentil has cantelope in background on lg, dots on smaller lentil are cantelope, some spacers in cantelope and the hearts on the earring pair are cantelope with clear on top.
Attached Images

Last edited by FosterFire; 2007-11-01 at 5:50pm.
Old 2007-11-02, 7:09am

Very pretty color and I really like that big lentil. I wish I could make such nicely matching pairs. Anyway, thanks for the pictures!