No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-09-21, 10:38am
SCIENCE Teacher!

Default Beads of Courage Butterflies

HELP! My local bead group is asking for Butterflies for the Beads of Courage. In case you may not remember, the butterflies are given to the parents of the kids who don't make it. I want the butterfly to be beautful and graceful and mine are..needing help.

The attached scan shows the best ones..the ones I didn't put in the fish tank, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, anybody got a good looking butterfly design they would be willing to share??
Attached Images

Old 2007-09-21, 10:45am

Sharon Peters posted one in the butterfly thread in the Gallery - it helped me loads!

I like the amber one, it's pretty, AND your murrini aren't deviting, so you're not as bad as you think!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2007-09-21, 3:05pm
just plain silly

Hi Robin,
Sharon Peter's also has a detailed drawing demo on how she makes her butterflies on the Beads of Courage website.

I haven't attempted a butterfly yet. I feel like losing a child would take a spectacular butterfly so I am hoping the kids are enjoying my purple hearts for now. I'll start practicing graceful butterflies soon and hope I can do them justice!

Suzanne
Old 2007-09-21, 8:04pm
Wendy

Here's the link where Sharon posted her butterfly design the other day: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...erfly+tutorial

Hope that helps.

~Wendy

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2007-09-23, 9:10am

I have tried but ended up with strange bug things that didn't look like butterflies at all. I can make purple hearts just fine though!