Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-03-21, 8:57am

Glass isn't the only fragile item I receive via UPS, Fed Ex, and others. If I hear the truck coming down the street, I run for the door.... even out to the truck if I can make it in time. I want to watch how the box is handled. If there is any damage to the box, I ask that be noted on their delivery tracker.

My "regular" UPS guy seems pretty careful.... but he isn't the only one to handle the box on it route from the supplier. I just wish he would not leave damaged boxes (always marked "fragile" of course!) when I am not home. First thing I do if this happens is to photograph the box and contact the delivery company... regardless of the state of what is in the box.

Glass from Frantz, Arrow Springs, and Double Helix has always arrived in perfect condition, although the boxes from Frantz are often damaged. Maybe it isn't the box but the UPS handlers at the station at his end. Who knows?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-25, 10:37am

My little order of glass arrived today in perfect condition. More important-they didn't forget the candy!!!
Old 2009-03-25, 8:46pm
Retired to the flame

I ship my witchballs all over. They are wrapped in bubble wrap (2 layers) put in a box a little bigger than they are. Then placed in a heavyweight box surrounded by at least 3 inches of packing peanuts. I double tape all seams.
I have experimented with different companies to find the best survival rates. Tried with and without fragile labels. My best luck hands down is USPS without a label. Almost every time I use a fragile label I have at least 1 piece arrive cracked or broken, Doesn't matter who I ship with. So now when they ask if its fragile, I say no.
I overpack every piece, and have learned to live with the occasional need to replace my fragile hollows once in a while. It's less stress than fighting with shipping clerks to get paid from the "insurance".
Old 2009-03-25, 9:43pm

I might need to launch a formal complaint to Frantz. I don't get candy in my packages!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-03-26, 7:04am

Quote:
Almost every time I use a fragile label I have at least 1 piece arrive cracked or broken, Doesn't matter who I ship with. So now when they ask if its fragile, I say no.
It's also like that with the "Do Not Bend, Photo" stickers. It is almost like a challenge to them.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~

Old 2009-03-26, 7:09am

Quote:
I might need to launch a formal complaint to Frantz. I don't get candy in my packages!
I usually find mine loose within the peanuts. Sometime I have to dump peanuts out to find them, but they are there. I love the rootbeer ones! Yummy!

~
~
~

Old 2009-03-26, 7:29am

I'm gonna start hunting! This is too funny!

Old 2009-03-26, 11:51am

I just received a package from Frantz yesterday by UPS and all was A-OK. I also love the yummy rootbeer candy, it's my favorite!
Old 2009-03-26, 1:57pm
N2Beadz

My order came a couple of days ago. Not a huge order and not damaged in any way. Nice assortment of candy stashed among the peanuts.

Speaking of... I think I hear the truck coming my way now.

Old 2009-03-31, 11:03am

I always thought UPS was a synonym for OOPS.
Old 2009-03-31, 11:20am

Quote:
I just received a package from Frantz yesterday by UPS and all was A-OK. I also love the yummy rootbeer candy, it's my favorite!
Maybe we can convince them to start selling bags of the rootbeer candy online!

I have not seen that one in any stores around here.

~
~
~

Old 2009-03-31, 11:22am

Quote:
Speaking of... I think I hear the truck coming my way now.
It's been too long (few weeks) since I have heard my truck. Probably time to place another order!

~
~
~

Old 2009-03-31, 11:23am

Quote:
I always thought UPS was a synonym for OOPS.

Now, that I believe!

~
~
~

Old 2009-04-01, 8:51pm

One beautifully packaged mess o' glass arrived here, perfect and intact. And a bit of candy - the strawberry ones are my faves, mmm...

(When someone is helping you remove static-charged styrofoam bits from a box to get to the glass, and you're randomly shrieking, "ooOOoh! Candy!" That's a fun night in my world.
)

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-04-02, 4:00am
BeadsonCypress

I got my 2 shipments (I tried the HOLD thing) today in one box...perfect condition.
I SEARCHED AND SEARCHED.....NO CANDIES.....DARN!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-04-02, 7:28am

Default candy man can

Quote:
I got my 2 shipments (I tried the HOLD thing) today in one box...perfect condition.
I SEARCHED AND SEARCHED.....NO CANDIES.....DARN!
Ok, I may be the one to blame! We may have forgotten to put some into the box but a week ago as I was finishing packing up the glass for Glass Craft Expo, I thought I should give candy away in Las Vegas and I may have caused the packing department to run out of candy prematurely!

So sorry about that! I am sure we have more candy on the way, and while it is no exuse for no candy, I am happy that you did receive both shipments in good condition.

But Darn, I would not be happy if I were wanting candy and there was no candy. I would call up and demand an overnight package with just the candy!

The weather in Las Vegas is dry and I have been putting cream on my flesh! From years past I find that when going to Las Vegas and sometimes even Tucson, my skin turns into lizard skin, red, dry, bumpy, yucky! As long as I pamper my skin I am ok, but I just ran out of my special Pat Frantz E Cream....will my baby oil work?

Tonight Jean from Nortel, myself, Lezlie Winemaker and Corina Tettinger will take a cab to the strip where we will see LOVE! I have seen it twice, but nobody else had seen it, so I was outnumbered and the Beatles...her we come!

But before we can have fun we have to finish setting up our booth space. It is taking a bit longer to assemble the show booth than I had thought it would take, but we have lots of help and everything is coming along just fine.

The Flame Off is going to be big this year! And I am one of many judges who will pick the winners! And I get the "Back Stage Pass".

We all stayed up fairly late last night playing slot machines and drinking beers, sitting by the pool. On Wednesday we got a private look at a large selection of marbles by Bob Snodgrass. If you do not know Bob, he is a kind person with a long history of borosilicate lampworkikng and one of the persons that helped turn what only a few people were doing twenty years ago into what borosilicate has turned into today. I found two marbles I really have to get. I was hoping to win some money on the slot machine so my marbles would be free. Now it seems if I do buy the marbles, my gambling has caused me to pay twice as much for the two marbles. Well I guess it is not winners that build these hotels!

Off to breakfast, and maybe the team will meet me for breakfast, maybe not?

Leaving Washington the weather was in the 40's. I left a day early and am glad I did so as the next morning it snowed in Shelton and I am sure that it would have made getting to the airport on time hard or impossible.

It was not as hot in Vegas as I thought it might be, when we hit town it was mid 60's, cool for Vegas standards, but very nice for me! The weather should be warming up into the upper 70's as the week progresses. We are held captive in this large building which has everything so you do not have to leave! Five places to eat, a movie theater a large bowling alley, lots of bars, swimming pools, lots of ways to gamble your money away. The windows in the rooms are very large, they do not open and it is like a large fish tank, the question is.....are we the fish inside the tank looking out?

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week and checks out our "Frantz Blues" sale this week.

Happy Lampworking

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2009-04-02 at 7:35am.
Old 2009-04-02, 9:20am
Elphaba Lives !!

Old 2009-04-02, 11:30am
BeadsonCypress

Mike, I will accept make-up candy in Murano (or you can buy me some there!) Susan

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-04-02, 3:09pm
Evil Glass Enabler

We got our box. The MU was very disappointed but what do you expect from an 11 year old when there is NO candy. It was packed very nicely too. I adore my UPS guy. I know when he delivers if anything was broken it was NOT HE. BTW, nothing was broken.
Angelique

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."

Last edited by angelique_redhead; 2009-04-02 at 3:10pm. Reason: Additional info.