Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-01-10, 8:05pm
going crazy

She's a cutie Lindsey!

Brian (my oldest) called this morning, said he was in the hospital and had to get his appendix out. Called later and everything came out OK. Did not like that first call at all!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My button mandrel listed here!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-10, 8:24pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Oh wow Barb! That is scary! Glad he is ok.

Old 2010-01-11, 3:40am
the Evil One

Barb glad that everything turned out okay!

Old 2010-01-11, 5:26am
Eight Miles Wide

glad he is ok, Barb!

Old 2010-01-11, 5:49am
Your Royal Fritness

Barb that is scary stuff. I'm so glad he is doing good!

Old 2010-01-11, 7:46am
Cute and bitey

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been quiet lately and thank you for asking how I'm feeling. While my system has regulated a bit, I'm still pretty nauseous all the time. Acoording to the dr, it might settle down and it might not. I'll just have to deal with it. I'm eating better at least and my weight has stablized. So far, I've dropped 18 lbs with all the morning sickness. My tummy is pooking out now and I'm wearing maternity clothes. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Feb 10th to find out the sex of the baby and I'm really excited about that.

I'm planning on being at the meeting this weekend. Not sure what kind of food I'm bringing yet. I'll have to see if I can dig up anything for the garage sale. It probably won't be glass - I've hardly had the chance to figure out if I hate anything yet. I'm in the market for yarn if anyone has some to get rid of. I'm back to knitting again since I can't make beads right now.

Any Lansing area gals up for carpooling?
Old 2010-01-11, 8:23am
going crazy

I'm planning on going on Sat. Who's going from GR and what time should we leave and from where? I'm thinking the parking lot down near Rt 6 is good? (I thnk that's the route # - maybe exit 76?)

Don't know what I'm bringing yet.

My button mandrel listed here!
Old 2010-01-11, 9:04am
Obsessionwoman

Robin... I'm going on Saturday. I'd love to carpool with you...I promise not to navigate...LOL If you'd feel better we could take the suv...plenty of room
and I just had it cleaned... we could meet at Delphi... Dawn said she is coming and looking to carpool...let me know...Lenora
Old 2010-01-11, 9:23am

Count me in for Saturday too! Is there room?

Sharlyn
Old 2010-01-11, 10:00am
Eight Miles Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrabbit View Post
I'm in the market for yarn if anyone has some to get rid of. I'm back to knitting again since I can't make beads right now.

Any Lansing area gals up for carpooling?
I have yarn.

Old 2010-01-11, 10:03am
Button Queen

WOW! I just figured out where you all were...!

MJ - Sorry to hear about your Dad.
Tracy - Sorry about your Grandma. What is it with January? That's when my Grandma passed also.

JameyLynn - I'm in for some Red Luster frit also, both sizes

I am planning on coming this Saturday. Count me in for a car pool. Let me know where we're meeting and when.
Old 2010-01-11, 11:35am
Princess Odd . . . lot

I'm going Barb. Depending on how many are coming, I can drive.

Deb/Chris - were you planning to meet up with us in GR and carpool from here, or were you just going to go straight from Cadillac??
Old 2010-01-11, 12:02pm
The Sorcerer's Apprentice

I hate facebook!!! I can not post on it, I can not accept friends, and everytime I log in it comes up with an error. Pppphhhttff!
So if I need to talk to you my friends it will be here in our own little site.

I will not be at this meeting and I am really missing them. I have a weird combo on Saturday..first a memorial service for my SIL's father ( I agree Jan. sucks) and then on to a happier occassion in the late afternoon.....Grand girls birthday party.
If you all do anything super neat please pass on the photos and instructions.

Happy to hear you are feeling better Robin. Things will improve as you go along.
MJ good to hear you are making a break out and attending the meeting...you need to get out here with your buds!
Barb..whoa not a good call but happy to hear your son had a good outcome.

Old 2010-01-11, 2:23pm
Superkitty

Lindsey, keep the pics coming. I love newborns!

Barb, kids sure know how to put the scare in their parents... just call and say you might need surgery! I'm glad he's OK!

Robin, sorry about the nausea. I'm glad you are doing OK. Looking forward to hearing what you are having!

Sandra, I have no idea why facebook isn't working for you. At least, we can find you here!

MJ, Chris and I are going down the night before to harass Tracy.
Old 2010-01-11, 3:34pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I have most everything you could possibly need to cut copper. Sandra could you bring your punch it works so much easier.

Old 2010-01-11, 3:44pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I am planning on going and Sharon will be going as well. I just looked it up, it is about 1 1/2 hours from 68th street. So we should be there by 9:15-9:30. Sound good? I don't want to drive, I cracked a rib this weekend, I need to be able to fidget in my seat, I won't be able to sit still to drive I don't think.

Old 2010-01-11, 4:36pm

JameyLynn get better cracked ribs are a pain.
Have fun everybody I just got asked to do a psycic fair this Sun & I cant afford to turn down any extra money right now

Jen
Old 2010-01-11, 4:46pm
the Evil One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadbug View Post
I have most everything you could possibly need to cut copper. Sandra could you bring your punch it works so much easier.
Sounds good.

Old 2010-01-11, 5:09pm

Barb, whew! Glad he's ok. Whatta scare!

Robin, sorry about the nausea.

Jamey, cracked ribs? How the heck did you do that? Take care girl.

Sounds like we're set to try out those stamps. I can't wait!

Update on the Northern Michigan Bead and Jewelry Show!

I've had LOTS of requests for applications outside the group, so if you are interested, I would suggest getting your application in and SOON!

If you didn't get an application and want one, please email me at snowfirebeads @ gmail.com (you'll have to take out the spaces there)

Later!
Chris

Old 2010-01-11, 5:26pm

Ok, had to share this email I got through my website.

here's a vote: Dump or Write Back??????? lol

WTF do they think MY website is about?

We are a small glass manufacturing unit based at Firozabad,India.
We make glass articles such as vases,candle stands,x\'mas ornaments,bowls etc. table
wares and decoratives etc. of glass.
We want:
1-Some kind of glas rod or whatever with the help of which we can get GOLDEN COLOR,
I mean gold line look, within transparent glass.Do you have anything for this
purpose?
2-Same kind of thing to give Silver LIne color?
3-Same kind of thing to give Ruby Line color?
We want to know also?
1-What kind of foils you make?what kind of effect they give on glass?
2-Do you have any grit also which can give gold effect?silver effect?
3-How can we use your Dichroic glass in our products?I mean we have to take a piece
on gob and then we can make or blow the vase or bowl etc ?will it be the correct
procedure?
4-Do you give technology also?
5-Do you give technolgy for batch making also?
6-Do you have bicarbonates of different chemicals which would give color and bubbles
both when applied on hot glass during hot working processes?
Also please tell us:-
1-How to make order for samples initially?
2-Do you supply to anyone in India?
3-Do you have any franchise in India from where we can get these products?
4-How much time you take in shipping after order?
We make SODA LIME GLASS in our tank furnace and also in pot furnace.Will your
product and work with our glass?
What are the other things,I mean your products,which you cand offer us which can be
used for decorating our glass products?
Hoping to hearfrom you soon so that we can move further for a long term mutually
beneficial business relationship.
Thanks & regards,

Old 2010-01-11, 5:35pm
Superkitty

Wow Chris, that is really odd. I vote ignore.
I got my N. MI Bead Show app in the mail today!
Old 2010-01-11, 5:50pm
Princess Odd . . . lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfirebeads View Post
Barb, whew! Glad he's ok. Whatta scare!

Robin, sorry about the nausea.

Jamey, cracked ribs? How the heck did you do that? Take care girl.

Sounds like we're set to try out those stamps. I can't wait!

Update on the Northern Michigan Bead and Jewelry Show!

I've had LOTS of requests for applications outside the group, so if you are interested, I would suggest getting your application in and SOON!

If you didn't get an application and want one, please email me at snowfirebeads @ gmail.com (you'll have to take out the spaces there)

Later!
Chris

Ummmm - What bead show??? Is this another thing that was on Facebook cause not all of us are on there.
Old 2010-01-11, 5:51pm

Chris charge them by the question!

Jen
Old 2010-01-11, 5:56pm

Oh & Chris let me see how this weekend goes because Ive never done a bead show & it sounds like fun!

Jen
Old 2010-01-11, 6:36pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I managed to crack a rib this weekend coughing. I have never coughed so much and so hard in my life.

I have an upper respritory infection. I tried to get to see the doctor on Friday and I couldn't get in and he would not call me in a perscription, even though this is the 3rd time in a year I have gotten this. Plus when I talked to him on the phone Friday, I coughed about 50 times and had a fever, but he "needed" to see me in person. ie, money.

So today when I went in I left with 4 perscriptions. An antibiotic, 1500mg per day which is a huge amount, cough surpressent for day and a cough surpressent for night and 600mg ibuprofen for my cracked rib.

He apologized and told me he would believe me when I called in and said that I had a URI.

Don't worry, I won't be contagious on Saturday, I will have been on meds long enough by then!

Old 2010-01-11, 7:01pm
Superkitty

JameyLynn, I can so sympathize. I've done the cracked ribs from coughing and all I can say is OUCH! I hope you've stopped coughing so that rib can heal! Feel better!
Old 2010-01-11, 8:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritobsessed View Post
Ummmm - What bead show??? Is this another thing that was on Facebook cause not all of us are on there.

MJ, Are you on this list? This was the first list I sent to just the dipwads. I took off everything on everyones e-mail at the @ sign. If you arently on the list below, let me know and I'll send you and application. Merely an oversight. Email would come from snowfirebeads @ gmail.com
Check your trash

ribbonrose26
RiversEdgeGlass
barbaramlogan
blr2449
sottilec
cristabman
dawnceccacci
l_lou98
karenmeyer2001
philnkatie
fariering
ginagreenlee
everafterart
dharlan
laurie.stover
lenoragriffith
mjwalter31
mesara
ladymeme123
scooby_gang
rlb_dinks
Beadbug
rivenbabe
sharonpribble
sharlyngp
dilly
simply_us_beads
hodunkhollow

If I missed anyone else, please let me know.

Chris

Old 2010-01-11, 9:03pm

Jamey that sounds so painful.

Chris, that is the strangest email ever. I would ignore. What time do you two thing ya might arrive at my house on Friday?

Old 2010-01-11, 9:04pm

She is scooby gang

Old 2010-01-11, 9:25pm
Obsessionwoman

I have an suv so I think there will be room for at least 4-5 total. Do you want to meet at Delphi or am I talking to myself? LOL Lenora