LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-03-05, 9:48am
Dichro Addict

We need some pictures in this thread! I was kind of working on encased dichro florals but couldn't get it right until Cynthia's tutorial. I am soooo happy with how it's working for me now. I stuck with silver foil on the focal until I get some larger pieces of dichro and made a smaller bracelet bead with the dichro. I kept it pretty simple and learned to encase my vine cane so it didn't feather. LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-05, 12:18pm

Lenora, those are just beautiful. Is that silver foil under the left one? I'm so glad you posted pictures. I want to see more.

Old 2010-03-05, 2:34pm
Dichro Addict

Thank you so much Cynthia! I had been playing with florals before your tutorial came out, but I just couldn't get them right. Then...poof...I read your tut and it all came together. Now I have some great ideas to work with in the future as well! Yes, there is silver foil under the first one. It's hard to see in the photo. You can see it a bit on the ends. I didn't want to waste dichro trying to see if I could get it shaped properly and I need to get some larger pieces of dichro before I try it on the focal.

Old 2010-03-05, 3:59pm

I'm so glad the tutorial helped. I just ordered some silver foil. I haven't used silver much, so we'll see. It looks great in your beads.

Old 2010-03-05, 4:10pm
Dichro Addict

Thanks Cynthia! I'm a huge fan of your work and I'm so happy to be able to learn from you!

Old 2010-03-11, 4:55am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

Hi Cynthia!! You are the BOMB!!! I think I'm finally able to attempt the Keeper - so I bought both! And still wish you would write that book!!!! Cheers! Joan

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-03-11, 8:45am

Thank you Joan. I would love to see what you make. The "Keepers" are so fun. These little guys start to appear right before your eyes. They have always been my favorite bead to make. Ok, I'll be waiting to meet him/her.

Old 2010-03-11, 11:04am
thecoralcat

!LOL!! OK Cynthia! Check back here in about, oh say.....4 or 5 years.....and I may (with the moon in the ascendant and the trades at my back) have a Keeper with possibly 1/2 to 1 face to show...... I doubt I have the nerves of steel nor the consummate skill to work the tutorial - but I'm old and life is short (er) now, so I'm going to go for it!!!! Cheers! Joan

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2010-03-11, 12:34pm

Oh geezzz... 4 or 5 years? I'll be making "Keepers" with white hair, false teeth, and dead flowers. Can you speed it up a little?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2canoe View Post
!LOL!! OK Cynthia! Check back here in about, oh say.....4 or 5 years.....and I may (with the moon in the ascendant and the trades at my back) have a Keeper with possibly 1/2 to 1 face to show...... I doubt I have the nerves of steel nor the consummate skill to work the tutorial - but I'm old and life is short (er) now, so I'm going to go for it!!!! Cheers! Joan

Old 2010-03-16, 5:09am
thecoralcat

Hi Cynthia! Still working up the courage to try the Keeper - but, I did do the Dichroic tutorial (unfortunately without the dicro) - Your flower technique is amazing!!! The well written instructions allowed me to make a floral in record time with a minimum of angst and that actually looked halfway decent!! So now I have two flower types in my arsenal!! Here is a pic ...... Thanks, Cynthia!! (PS - this was the first bead using the tutorial - it is that well-written!!)
Attached Images

NEW TUTORIAL!

Last edited by j2canoe; 2010-03-16 at 5:15am.
Old 2010-03-16, 7:56am

Joan, it's beautiful The petals are nice and sunk in the centers, and the color is fabulous. I'm so glad you found the tutorial complete and easy to follow. Always a worry when writing them. lovely flowers. You did a wonderful job and I want to see more, more, more!

Old 2010-03-16, 8:18am

I am admirer or your work so I'm honored to purchase your tutorial, thank you so much. will post photos upon completion.

#W122
Old 2010-03-16, 8:41am

Thank you so much Cathy. I'll be waiting for the pictures

Old 2010-03-17, 6:01am

I got mine! Thanks so much! I can't wait to try it out this weekend. The bead on the Tutuorial is beautiful!

Barb
Old 2010-03-17, 7:35am

Thank you Barb

Old 2010-03-19, 7:13am

Cynthia, I bought your dichro tut but haven't received it as yet. I must admit I should be out working in the garden tho.
Old 2010-03-19, 7:39am

Hi Pat. I just sent it this morning. Sorry for the wait. I was out all afternoon and evening. I know, the garden. I should be out there too Speaking of gardens, I went and saw Alice In Wonderland with my son last night, and all I kept thinking throughout the movie was "I want to make a BEAD of that"! It was visually stunning.

Old 2010-03-19, 10:33am

Haha I bet you will too. Sorry I was impatient. Some of it is the difference in times we are probably in. I got it and I'm ready to go. I spent 2 1/2 hours weeding. About all I can handle in one day....I'm old. arg. I haven't seen the movie yet. But I love JD no matter what he is wearing. haha Thankyou for the great tut.
Old 2010-03-22, 8:37am

Well this is my first attempt. It came out huge! I had one piece of unfused dichro and I managed to put the wrong side down, dammit I also thought the beautiful blue CIM sappharine color really was a disappointment in this bead.
Attached Images

Old 2010-03-23, 8:45pm

Hey Pat. I think it turned out great. That was your first attempt? They do tend to grow don't they Now, you don't like the blue you used for the flowers? I think I like it. It's a soft kind of periwinkle blue.

Last edited by glassactcc; 2010-03-23 at 8:47pm.
Old 2010-03-24, 7:28am

Well the CIM blue is so vibrant in the rod but looked washed out on the bead.
Where did you tell us your buy your scraps of dichro? please. I only have the fused rods.
Old 2010-03-24, 7:45am

I buy mine at CRLoo. They have $50.00 1lb. scrap bags which last me a long time. They are pieces about 3" x 2" or so. They very but then I cut them down to whatever size I need.

Old 2010-04-11, 11:12am

Default grapes of wrath

Cynthia: okay this is my first attempt at your wonderful tutorial, I'm sure I'll get better

#W122
Old 2011-01-16, 2:52pm
thecoralcat

OK - I finally got up the nerve to try Cynthia's tutorial the way she actually wrote it!
Attached Images

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-01-17, 8:38pm

Beautiful job, Joan.
Old 2011-01-18, 4:58am
thecoralcat

Thanks Pat!!!!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Old 2011-01-18, 8:14am

My first became a light pull. LOL
Old 2011-01-18, 12:23pm
Knob Creek Glass

Gorgeous!
Old 2011-01-19, 10:24am

Wow! Gorgeous bead Joan!

How long did it take you to make it?
Old 2011-01-20, 4:01am

I'm so glad you did this! Your work is just so amazing!!