No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-10-29, 6:04am
Angie09

Default Need Frit Experts Help

I make these barrels a couple of months back, wrote down what they were, lost the paper I wrote it on and now a customer wants several sets of these. I've been through my frits, made several test beads and can't recreate them. Anyone have any idea what the frit might be? It's on a base of either turquoise or dark sky blue with clear or aqua encasing. Ugh .... any help would be appreciated!

Old 2013-10-29, 7:28am
Queen Bee

Mermaid Cove by Glass Diversions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2013-10-29, 12:59pm
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
Mermaid Cove by Glass Diversions?
Hummm...one of the few Frits I don't own. Maybe I'll have to make beads from any frit I own that has similar colors and this time keep good records!
Old 2013-10-29, 1:18pm

Could it be Astral meditations by BeadGoodies?

My Ebay
Old 2013-10-29, 3:29pm
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass2 View Post
Could it be Astral meditations by BeadGoodies?
Good suggestion but I tried it ... not the one. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

do the frit colors all look like maybe they are opaque?? That might help me narrow down what it is.
Old 2013-10-29, 4:30pm
Loving learning

They do look opaque to me. Hope you find it.
Old 2013-10-29, 4:41pm
Loving learning

I'm flipping through That Frit Girls Iron Mountain blends & wonder if Monet's not everything could be it.
Old 2013-10-29, 10:23pm

Have you looked at listenup's encyclopedic charts?

http://www.listen-up.org/kitty/beads/frit.htm
Old 2013-10-30, 1:10am

I would try to recreate the frit using the colors of the beads. I use an electric coffee grinder to make my frits. If you would like I can try to make some frit for you. Free of charge.

_
Old 2013-10-30, 4:50am
Melody of Glass

Could it be sea life by GD? They are beautiful beads.

Coolest encyclopedia ever. Thanks for posting! Need to add Glass Diversions to it!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-10-30, 8:37am
Addicted to Frit!!!

They do look like opaque colors to me, too. It really looks like my Mermaid Cove frit blend. If you'd like me to send you a sample to try it, just pm me your address.

Have a great day,
Robin

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2013-11-01, 10:54am
tweetysweetie

I agree that Kay's frit test pages are just wonderful .... what a lot of work she has done.
Along with Glass Diversions blends, FABFrit blends should be added too! FABFrit is coe104 only. Kay, if your interested in adding the FABFrit blends to your catalog, pm me your address and I'll see you get a sample pack of all my blends.

The beads pictured are very pretty, I agree with others that it looks like opaques to me...no idea as to whose blend though...I'd be willing to bet that due to the boldness/brightness of the colors that it is a 96coe blend, maybe one of Robin's blends...those are always so rich looking. Good luck in finding it!

Old 2013-11-01, 11:28am
Lampworkaholic!

Angie - can you list the ones you've already tried? Have you tested Val Cox Groovy Swirl?

http://www.valcoxfrit.com/collection...s/groovy-swirl

It's not one of mine....

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-11-01, 12:12pm
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
Angie - can you list the ones you've already tried? Have you tested Val Cox Groovy Swirl?

http://www.valcoxfrit.com/collection...s/groovy-swirl

It's not one of mine....
I've got so many frits, i just can't narrow it down. I just found a couple of bottles of frit that I hand mixed so it could be one of those. I may just give her her money back and not worry about trying to match these.
Old 2013-11-03, 3:52pm
It's all about the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiredDesires View Post
Kay, if your interested in adding the FABFrit blends to your catalog, pm me your address and I'll see you get a sample pack of all my blends.
How thoughtful of you. I'd love to add them. I haven't done many blends because I'd get a stockpile of the different blends for someone, get the beads made and have the chart almost ready to put up, and the maker would go down in a blaze of glory (actually it wasn't so glorious). This has happened to a couple frit blend makers and since their name was now mud, I didn't put up the charts for them. Too much wasted time, effort, & money on my part so I quit doing blends.

But, I had fun doing the blends and I think they were my favorite thing to do. Of course, I still have some solid colors I need to get tested and up when I find the time.

So, having said that, I'd be happy to test the blends and put up charts of them, as long as I don't have an expected "finish by" date. I have MS and while my symptoms have gotten so much better than they were, I go through spells where I don't turn on the torch. My addy is in the RAOGK. I would need about 1 1/2 Tbsp of a color to test it. thank you for thinking of me.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2013-11-03, 5:49pm

Try Amazon by Glass Diversions.Hope you find your blend!
Old 2013-11-04, 7:47am
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by msy439 View Post
Try Amazon by Glass Diversions.Hope you find your blend!
You know...I think that might be what it is! I'm going to try it today and cross my fingers! Thanks!
Old 2013-11-04, 8:00am
MacGalver

It's not one of mine, either, but it's very pretty! Please report back when you figure out what it is.

Jo