Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-11-07, 12:07pm
Color Outside The Lines!

Default New Double Helix Color and Fall Murrini - November 8th

Our newest color "Iris" and some fresh murrini will be available for sale on Saturday, November 8th at 12am Eastern Time.

Iris is the production version of our most popular test batch from this summer, AX-605. The A was for Arke and the X was for 10 times the strength!

This reduction color can yield a multicolored metallic iridescent luster. In our experience, a brush reduction flame produces the best results.

Though designed specifically for exterior applications, the silver portion of the luster will hold up under encasement. Iris retails at $100 per pound.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fresh Murrini

New Fall 2014 murrini will also be available on Saturday. We're trying something different this time and offering the murrini individually rather than in an assortment. They'll still be in 50 mm lengths and the diameter will vary from 3-7 mm. The cost of each murrini rod is $1.50, so you can choose which styles and how many of each you want.

All of the murrini from this run were made using AX-598 and Terranova2.1 as the primary colors, with a variety of colors used for the exterior stripes. We acquired some new optic molds, so we have some new core patterns to offer.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Both Iris and the new murrini will be posted for sale at
at 12am Eastern Time, Saturday, November 8th.

Enjoy!

Jed and Julie at Double Helix Glassworks
Old 2014-11-07, 12:31pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Deeeeeelish!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-11-07, 12:58pm

Omg.... That murrini better not be sold out by the time I can get home to buy it!!! Whaaaaa!! lol. Was just practicing with my new/used diamond band saw cutting thin murrini, works like a dream!

This will be awesome!
Old 2014-11-08, 1:08am
It's all about the color.

I ordered mine!

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2014-11-08, 6:04am

Thank you Listenup!, for some reason I thought they were going on sale at noon! Thanks to your post, I got mine! (Plus a few other goodies!)
Old 2014-11-08, 2:39pm

Anyone tried Iris yet?

Old 2014-11-29, 6:56am
susanLambert

brush reduction????? I'm playing with this glass and have some good beads, some muddy ones. The 'brush reduction' comment is kind of strange. To me anyway.

Old 2014-12-01, 9:25am
Color Outside The Lines!

Default Brush Reduction Flame

The Brush Reduction flame is a small, cool reduction flame. To dial it in, set your torch to a small oxidizing flame, then turn down your oxygen, creating a small reduction flame with distinct yellow candles. While a regular, large reduction flame can bring out the silver tones, the other oxides responsible for the multicolored iridescence respond better to a cooler flame. Additionally, a large, hot reduction flame can cause overheating during the reduction process, yielding muddy colors. Please note that the small Brush Reduction Flame does not push heat off the torch face, and should not be run continuously for extended periods of time to avoid overheating your torch face. Here are some photos that show various torches set to a Brush Reduction Flame.

Old 2014-12-01, 10:00am

Thanks much, that really helps! Carolyn
Old 2015-03-04, 10:29pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

I've been away from LE for a while, and came back looking for info on the new DH colors. So glad to have found this thread! A picture of the cool reduction flame is terrific to have... 1 picture is worth a 1000 words!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2015-03-05, 11:19am
Knob Creek Glass

Dang. I was getting excited about some new Double Helix, and then I looked at the dates!