Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-01-10, 2:23pm
ManBearPig

Default Marble Book available for Pre-Order

My new book on creating marbles. 48 pages, full color, with step-by-step instructions and photographs. If you want to learn to make marbles, this is your book.

This book covers tools and materials and many marble-making techniques such as:

-Basic marble shaping
-Using punties
-Marble designs including - corkscrew, galaxy, implosion, flower, vortex, and more
-Surface design and pattern work
-Annealing

***Pre-Orders are no longer available as the book is finished. It is now available at regular price***

The book can be found at: http://www.cosmoglassworks.com/store...age=1&featured

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cosmo; 2009-02-06 at 6:27am.
Old 2009-01-11, 10:15am

Can you make these marbles using 104 coe also?
Old 2009-01-11, 11:22am
ManBearPig

Yes, you can. There are some working differences between the two types of glass, obviously. But, I have made marbles from soft glass using these techniques. A lot of my marbles use a lot of clear, and if you are using soft glass, I like to use clear like Lauscha or other clear that is not quite as stiff as Moretti transparent. I have also made some using ASK 104 glass that came out really nice. I'm hoping at some point in the near future I can make more soft glass marbles and offer more advice on that subject.

Old 2009-01-11, 12:14pm
Serenity Now!

Yay! I've been waiting a loong time for this, Chad - ordered mine!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-01-11, 2:13pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

Ooh, I am going to let my husband know about this. Looks great
Old 2009-01-11, 6:50pm
Dangerous Woman

I gotta wait till payday. But I'm getting one for sure!

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2009-01-12, 7:41am
ManBearPig

Only 10 left...

Old 2009-01-12, 8:25am
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

I want on cosmo!!!!!
I called you. Did you get it? I cant get web site to work
PM ed you too!!!! Please Please Please...I WANT IT IWANT
Old 2009-01-12, 9:43am
ManBearPig

There was a configuration problem with the web site that wasn't allowing some people to view it. It appears to be working correctly now...

Old 2009-01-12, 11:27am
Dangerous Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Only 10 left...
Darn it! Screw payday this is what credit cards are for.

Got mine! Well ordered mine.

One question Chad. You can use some of the same techniques you show for pendants too, right?

Last edited by playswithfire104; 2009-01-12 at 11:33am.
Old 2009-01-12, 12:33pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswithfire104 View Post
Darn it! Screw payday this is what credit cards are for.

Got mine! Well ordered mine.

One question Chad. You can use some of the same techniques you show for pendants too, right?
Yep. I'm finishing up the book this week (just re-taking some pictures and doing a final spell check) and I'm going to start working on a pendant book next. But, a lot of what you do with marbles can be done with pendants as well.

Old 2009-01-12, 12:47pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Only 10 left...
Please don't forget to leave me 1 book

Old 2009-01-14, 6:47am
ManBearPig

Sold out! Thanks everyone.

For anyone who didn't get in on the pre-order, I will have them for sale at regular price in a couple weeks.

Old 2009-01-16, 10:17pm

Oh booo hooo ... regular price ... count me in!

Old 2009-01-19, 8:29am
ManBearPig

Books now available at regular price. Still shipping at the end of the month, though. It's about 95% done. There were a couple photos that we just didn't think really showed what they needed to show, so we retook them this past weekend. I'm finishing everything up today and tomorrow, and they will finish printing later this week. Folding, collating, and binding coming next week, and they should start shipping by the end of next week (fingers crossed).

Old 2009-01-19, 9:05am

Ordered mine last week, can't wait. Your marble pics and truly unselfish online advise and encouragement will ensure a good sale of these.
... good things happen to good people...
Old 2009-01-19, 1:21pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Books now available at regular price. Still shipping at the end of the month, though. It's about 95% done. There were a couple photos that we just didn't think really showed what they needed to show, so we retook them this past weekend. I'm finishing everything up today and tomorrow, and they will finish printing later this week. Folding, collating, and binding coming next week, and they should start shipping by the end of next week (fingers crossed).
I can't wait

Old 2009-01-19, 2:04pm
ManBearPig

Here are some photos of some of the finished marbles in the book...

Old 2009-01-19, 2:13pm
Dangerous Woman

Boy o Boy! Now I really can't wait!!!!

Old 2009-01-19, 5:38pm
I need more boro stuff

Very very nice marbles, Chad

Old 2009-01-29, 5:57am
Senior Moment

Chad,
Is there an update on your book???

impatiently waiting
Lysa
Old 2009-01-29, 11:12pm
I need more boro stuff

Chad, can I win the marble like on your avatar please?

Old 2009-01-30, 4:08pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysa View Post
Chad,
Is there an update on your book???

impatiently waiting
Lysa
They are shipping tomorrow. We ended up having to change the the paper used on the cover at the last minute. I'm signing all of the books that were pre-ordered, and my sharpie wouldn't stick to the first paper we used. I literally just finished (like two minutes ago) printing the new covers. We are assembling them as I type this. Well, as soon as I finish typing this, that is...

US buyers should start seeing them in their mailboxes mid-week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubnavnania View Post
Chad, can I win the marble like on your avatar please?
That one is long gone, I'm afraid. But, the good news is that the tutorial to make one like that is in the book.

Old 2009-01-31, 8:42am
Bliss Junkie

yay!!!!

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2009-02-03, 11:30am

Do you think there will be a digital version of this book eventually?

Old 2009-02-03, 1:29pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by malem View Post
Do you think there will be a digital version of this book eventually?
I doubt it. I saved it as a PDF file, and the file was well over 100 MB, so people downloading it would be an exercise in futility.

I'm working on a pendant book next, followed by a couple videos. But, those will be later in the year.

Last edited by Cosmo; 2009-02-03 at 1:42pm.
Old 2009-02-04, 12:39pm
ManBearPig

Just a quick note...

When we first ran the books, the staples were the wrong length and some of the center pages came loose. I went through the books and thought I pulled out all the wrong ones, but I just heard from someone that they got one, so I may have missed a couple. If you have a problem like that, let me know and I'll send you a new book.

Old 2009-02-04, 4:28pm
Senior Moment

Chad,
Just received your marble book.
It is beautifully done and packed full of information.
Great job!

Lysa
Old 2009-02-05, 2:46pm
Bliss Junkie

just got the book.. very well done.. mine happens to be one of the ones with the staple issue...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2009-02-05, 2:56pm
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

I GOT MY BOOK!!!!!! IT IS AWESOME!!!!! THE TECHNIQUES WILL BE EASY ARE EASY TO UNDERSTAND NOW WITH THIS. I couldnt figure out the flowers and it is nothing that i thought it would be. AWESOME!!!!!!!
THANKS CHAD!!!! YOU DONE GOOD!!!!!!!!! Pictures and easy to understand!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Meow Meow Beads; 2009-02-05 at 2:59pm.