TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-10-01, 12:29pm

That's so funny. I was watching Ellen and the kitty was dancing to the music!
Old 2010-10-01, 1:14pm

That is so funny!

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2010-10-11, 9:34pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

So, are there going to be more kits? Would LOVE to have one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-10-11, 9:59pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

I would love a kit as well. Only been torching a few weeks now and want to push my limits! More than happy to pre-pay too! Please add me to the list if ya got one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-11, 11:47pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Yeah, waiting for a new bunch of goodies!
Old 2010-10-12, 6:39am
Mary Lockwood

Hi guys!

Yes, there will be more kits! I'm waiting on a glass shipment full of clear to make more canes.

I don't want to presell kits because I know myself. I freak out if I think someone is upset with me. If 50 of you guys prepay for kits and I don't have them done super fast it will feel like a bunch of little hammers pounding my brain. LOL

I'd be much more comfortable selling them as I have them available. Then nobody can be mad at me. LOL Just so there is no misunderstanding though- only the first ten kits were this price.

I don't want to list the kits at the realistic price and surprise people. $10 was an introductory price to get the ball rolling and see how they were received.

I'll post again as soon as I have more kits- I promise! They will be in my etsy shop when they are ready and I'll post right here in this thread.

Hugs.
~~Mary

Old 2010-10-12, 10:09pm

How much are the rest of the kits going to be?

Caroline
Old 2010-10-13, 1:00pm
Rose colored glasses…√

If you pull any of those canes "too small"...

~ blink blink ~ ~ blink blink ~

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-10-13, 6:24pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Chris.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-10-18, 12:53pm

Hi mary, just received mine today, everything is in perfect condition, made it all the way to Canada without a crack.

Wonderful Kit, can't wait for the weekend to try it out.

What a wonderful idea you came up with, such a great addition to the tutorial.

Val

Old 2010-10-20, 11:47am
Mary Lockwood

OK guys, here's the deal.

I have spent all morning making enough of every cane in the tutorial to put together 17 kits and I'm still in full production being as efficient as I can while maintaining first quality.

Based on some unsolicited input I've gotten from several different sources, I've made some small modifications to the kit to help keep the final price down.

It's been brought to my attention that most people already have the silver leaf/foil and ivory glass to make their silvered ivory stringer. Since I'm not supplying the finished sis cane--might as well not include that in the kit. Same thing on the half rod of transparent blue. This is a staple for most people and is redundant to include it in the kit--doesn't really serve a specific purpose or save anyone any work/time.

The official price of the kit will be $16. No presales. If I don't have them ready to ship at a moment's notice they won't be listed...this keeps you guys from having to wait a long time for your order. They will ship via priority mail within 24 hours.

Included in the kit:
8" tentacle cane

8" dichroic stringer

8" kelp cane

8" seaweed cane

8" intense color frit stringer

10 assorted sea urchin murrini

1/2 tsp pixie dust

Wanted to give you a heads-up here before I list them on etsy so the people who missed out the first time have a chance to find them.

I intend to have them entirely listed and ready for sale at 4:30 pm EST.

Thanks guys!
~~Mary

Old 2010-10-20, 11:56am

Wow - that is excellent Mary! I hope I am fast enough when you list them...
Thanks for doing this!
Jenny

Old 2010-10-20, 1:44pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Where is it at??? Cant see it yet! Im trying to be patient!
Old 2010-10-20, 2:36pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Me too, Pia.....refreshing every three seconds!! I am falling in love with the green tree frog...might have to buy that instead!!
Pat
Old 2010-10-20, 2:55pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

I know... Ive been staring at them too, and thinking I wish she had tutorial for those!
Old 2010-10-20, 3:12pm
Mary Lockwood

Pia...I do have a tutorial for the frogs--it is on my website. Oh wait...do you mean that funky one with the coral toes? I'm not even sure I could make that one again far less do a tutorial for it. Was kinda dumb luck.

Anyway...I'm really really sorry for being late. I couldn't help it, but the kits are in my etsy shop now.

If you miss out on this batch I'll be refilling tomorrow. I'm going as fast as I can. Those tentacles take a while. LOL

~~Mary

Old 2010-10-20, 3:18pm
Formerly FishBulb

Bahahahahahaaaaaaa! LOOK who was in the right place at the right time, for a change!! Woo hoooo!!!

I've been wanting to try this tut but have been lacking the motivation to do all the prep work. Maybe once I see how well I do with the applications then I will be more motivated to do my own canes and stuff. Thanks for making these, Mary!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-10-20, 3:36pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

YEA! Got my kit - thanks so much Mary!!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Last edited by Firebug; 2010-10-20 at 3:38pm.
Old 2010-10-20, 3:41pm

If I did the etsy thing right (first time purchase so I had to register) I think I got one too!! ...lol But I do not know for sure????

Old 2010-10-20, 3:51pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlite View Post
If I did the etsy thing right (first time purchase so I had to register) I think I got one too!! ...lol But I do not know for sure????
Steven,

You should get an email receipt from PayPal that shows your purchase.

Cheers
Kathy

Old 2010-10-20, 4:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
Steven,

You should get an email receipt from PayPal that shows your purchase.

Cheers
Kathy
YAYYYYYY!!!! I DID get 1!...lol sorry simple things amaze simple minds...lol

Old 2010-10-20, 4:55pm
OY and Psyche Junkie

LOL! Sometimes the simplest things bring the most joy!

Cheers
Kathy

Old 2010-10-20, 5:35pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

yessssssssssssssss - color me happy.

Old 2010-10-20, 6:55pm
Mary Lockwood

I'm wondering how many miles of tentacle cane I've pulled over the last 3 years. LOL

Old 2010-10-20, 7:47pm

YIKES!!!
Old 2010-10-20, 8:24pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I'm wondering how many miles of tentacle cane I've pulled over the last 3 years. LOL
WOW!!! I can only imagine..... Your underwater scenes and jelly fish are amazing! I cant wait to try this!

Old 2010-10-20, 10:31pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Well, I TOLD you I had to have that frog!! I looked at it for too long and it had to be mine...your fault, Mary, and I thank you!! Pat
Old 2010-10-21, 6:12pm
Mary Lockwood

LOL! I'm glad for it to go to such a good home! He is cuter in person I'm tickled that you like him. All the domestic kits shipped priority this afternoon! International ones have to go out in the morning..the clerk at the post office shut the window right in my face! I can't believe I waited in line all that time and she shut down right in front of me. I thought we were friendly!!! I give her Christmas gifts and everything. She hurt my feelings. pout

I did a little funny figuring. Just for this batch of kits I pulled 12 feet of tentacle cane...it was more like 15 or 16 feet, but not all the pulls left me with full 8" cuts in an even number so I have plenty of 6" canes for myself. If I pull that much tentacle cane, once per month, for 3 years that is 540 feet of tentacle cane.

Huh??? I would have bet it was MUCH higher. LOL

Then again, it only takes about a half inch of tentacle cane to make one jellyfish so that is about 1080 jellyfish I've made and that actually sounds right. 2 jellyfish per bead times 540 beads....yep that sounds about right.

~~Mary

Old 2010-10-21, 6:33pm
Formerly FishBulb

Mary, I'm exhausted after reading your post! I don't think I've even made that many beads, never mind specific types of beads.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-10-21, 7:12pm
Mary Lockwood

LOL, Between my computers and disks I have over 8000 bead photos. I average 3 photos per bead so if I wanted a rougho estimate of how many beads I've made that were worthy of taking a picture it's about 2, 667 beads. Give or take a hundred or so for sets of multiples and gifts that didn't get pictures. That's over a 7 year period, mind.

That's 380 beads a year. Sounds right to me when you average together my time off periods and my manic times. LOL

~~Mary