No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2010-11-27, 7:07pm
Your Royal Fritness

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
OK I tried
Looks like you did more then try, they look Great! They sure are fun to make

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-11-28, 3:34pm

thanks for the tut, can't wait to give it a try

Old 2010-11-28, 10:04pm

I can't wait to try this. Thanks Dawn, that was very generous of you!

Kathy

Old 2010-11-29, 2:57am
Help i am on fire

so sweet and kind to share.
Old 2011-03-14, 4:51pm

Thanks Dawn, hope to try this sometime this week.
Old 2011-03-15, 3:46am
Your Royal Fritness

I'm actually going to be wigwaging it today but I'm going to put a spin on it, no pun intended. I'm going to pull fatter cane and use it as a drop pendent by itself (off mandrel). If they turn out I'll post pictures

Thanks everyone I can't wait to see your wigwags!

Dawn

Old 2011-03-18, 8:37am
Your Royal Fritness

Here is the off mandrel one I did. It turned out nice but I really wanted to make it a bit bigger, oh well next time.

Old 2011-03-29, 6:13am

Indyglassman,
How about a tutorial on your design. I'm brand new and would love to try those pendants.
Old 2011-03-29, 6:16am

MustangDawn, I love that. I ordered my first torch for boro, didn't even get it yet and I'm going crazy with tutorials. I like the wig wag but how would you get into a round pendant?
Old 2011-04-04, 3:59am
Your Royal Fritness

Hi Nate,

Welcome to LE! I have seen a few boro wigwag tutorials over the years but can not recall where? I think one of them might of been in the Flow Magazine. Do a search on line or ask in the Boro Room, I work in soft glass so they should be able to point you in the right direction. Dawn

Old 2011-06-18, 1:04pm
And silence is golden

Dawn, Thank you for sharing this tutorial.

I'm getting ready to try this out. Can anyone tell me what an optimal thickness of a finished wigwag cane should end up being? My son made one from the video tutorial on YouTube. It ended up ranging from 4mm up to 7mm in diameter. It was mostly close to the 7mm range throughout the cane. Lots of ridges. This was his first try at it, so I'm sure he will succeed at it. I'm thinking that 2mm to 4mm would be preferrable for bead making.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Old 2011-06-25, 9:47pm

thanks dawn, i have to try this!
Old 2011-06-27, 7:32am
Your Royal Fritness

Shrimp mine are usually 2 to 4mm's in size. I guess it all depends on what size beads you are going to be making with them. If you don't want ridges in your wig wags just make sure the gather has been melted down smooth with a nice even heat throughout the gather before pulling your cane

Hi Mike, these are fun to make, how is your new studio going?

Old 2011-06-27, 3:54pm

Replaced the thermocouple in the annealer on sunday, heats up fine now. Going to spend time on the torch this coming weekend. Did a bunch of twisties last weekend. Now I'll probably spend hours wig-wagging and never get a bead made
Old 2011-06-27, 5:03pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post
Shrimp mine are usually 2 to 4mm's in size. I guess it all depends on what size beads you are going to be making with them. If you don't want ridges in your wig wags just make sure the gather has been melted down smooth with a nice even heat throughout the gather before pulling your cane
Seems like the skinnier the cane turns out, the more fragile the it gets.
Old 2011-11-20, 4:27pm
apt to wander....

Thanks for the tutorial!!! I tried...they are ugly as sin, but I tried....I'm gonna go try again!

Melissa
Old 2011-11-21, 4:04pm
Your Royal Fritness

Melissa I have to caution you that they are addictive to make. It took me a while to stop once I got going

Old 2011-11-24, 6:52pm
Type ZZZ personality

Made these on Tuesday. They really are addictive fun!
Haven't used any on a bead yet but I will soon.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2011-11-25, 6:31pm
Your Royal Fritness

Those are sweet! I love the color combinations .

Old 2012-10-11, 12:33pm
what's a senior moment ?

I so forgot about this tutorial ! Gonna try these out this weekend.

Old 2012-10-11, 1:53pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you for bumping this Debbie!

Old 2012-10-12, 1:59am
what's a senior moment ?

You're welcome Gems. I will go thru the old tutorials once in a while to see what I've forgotten has been posted. It's something to do on those days when I don't feel like doing anything else.
Plus, I went looking for a video on this and couldn't find one in soft glass.

Old 2012-10-16, 1:08pm
Your Royal Fritness

I think I'm going to make some wig wags this week. I used the last of mine up making turtles for Beads of Courage last month, they make great looking bodies

Old 2012-10-16, 1:11pm
Loving learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dawn View Post
I think I'm going to make some wig wags this week. I used the last of mine up making turtles for Beads of Courage last month, they make great looking bodies
I'd love to see a photo if you haven't mailed them in yet. I'm always looking for ideas for BOC beads if you don't mind sharing.

(totally understand if you'd rather keep it for yourself though)
Old 2012-10-16, 1:41pm
Your Royal Fritness

I've mailed them in all ready. They are super easy and fun to make. Just make your base bead an wrap your wig wag around it and melt in. Then add four feet and a head and your done. When I make another one I'll post a picture.

Old 2013-05-11, 5:21pm

Ok noob here but I need this clarification for punties- do I heat them up at all before I attach it to te hot glass? Does it attach right away when it touches the hot glass? Can I do this with soft glass?
Old 2013-05-11, 7:12pm

Hey I tried to do it and it didn't work at all when I pulled a thin thin piece started going and then broke I assume I have to wait longer to start pulling? I was so upset cause the stripe piece was flawless ! I reheated it and tried again this time from the side cause the end was ruined so I tried to stick a hot bare mandrel in and it didn't stick at all
Old 2013-05-11, 7:48pm
Loving learning

Patsy, it does sound like you didn't wait long enough before pulling. But you can use that thin stringer for other things, and every time you try you learn a little something, so don't despair!
Old 2013-05-11, 8:41pm
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsyEmporium View Post
Ok noob here but I need this clarification for punties- do I heat them up at all before I attach it to te hot glass? Does it attach right away when it touches the hot glass? Can I do this with soft glass?
Yes, you can totally do this with soft glass. Can I check something? Have you pulled a lot of stringer yet? What about regular twisties? The wigwags aren't difficult, but if you don't have any experience with the others they can be horribly frustrating.

What sort of punty are you using?

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-05-11, 10:47pm
I speak Murrini!

Hum...great bump up! I forgot about this also - and still wanna try it!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro