Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2007-03-25, 1:34pm
one day at a time

Default The Carlisle Hellcat

I can't wait until this torch is ready for sale! I have a Mini CC that got ruined when my friend broke off a piece of cleaning wire inside a gas port. I may possibly be looking at getting a new one if Carlisle can't repair it. Now I'm thinking about waiting it out for when the Hellcat is available, because I need a hotter boro torch than my Bobcat. But, I miss the Mini CC and want it back, and the center fire on this new torch is exactly that. Cool, huh?

Does anyone know what the approximate price range is at this point?? Not that it really matters to me, because I expect to pay a lot more for an upgrade anyway. I decided to skip over the Wildcat altogether and go for the one with the center fire.
Old 2007-03-25, 3:02pm

to bad about your mini. I read your other post about the differences about the bobcat and mini.

I'm guessing this new torch will be about $650 - $800. That would be about the same as other torches the same size. If it was more I'm not sure I'd buy one.

I just hope they make the torch with a 4 stud option so one can use a foot pedal with the torch. I would not buy this torch unless there was a 4 stud option.

I might need to buy a mini just to try them out as I keep hearing great things about their torches.
Old 2007-03-25, 4:08pm
ID10T Problem Solver

I just got my Betta back for the same thing....Bethlehem were able to get the cleaning wire out and had it back to within 10 days after I sent it off.

I am sure Carlisle will get it running again!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2007-03-25, 4:18pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersdesign View Post
I just hope they make the torch with a 4 stud option so one can use a foot pedal with the torch. I would not buy this torch unless there was a 4 stud option.
Yeah, me too! I think likely it will have this option. I want to use a tank for the outer fire, and the generator I have is even a bit of overkill for the center fire. I assume it may be enough for both the inner and outer, but it's likely I'll want more oomph at times. The foot pedal would be great.

I hope my Mini can be fixed by getting the wire out, and the messed up port too. Now that was my fault for dropping it.

Last edited by Lisi; 2007-03-25 at 4:25pm.
Old 2007-03-25, 4:39pm
Scientific Glass Girl

the hellcat is still in production.. i think it'll be awhile for it to come out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-03-25, 4:41pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlivELampworK View Post
the hellcat is still in production.. i think it'll be awhile for it to come out.
Supposedly now it's April. Hope so!
Old 2007-03-25, 6:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisi View Post
Yeah, me too! I think likely it will have this option. I want to use a tank for the outer fire, and the generator I have is even a bit of overkill for the center fire. I assume it may be enough for both the inner and outer, but it's likely I'll want more oomph at times. The foot pedal would be great.

I hope my Mini can be fixed by getting the wire out, and the messed up port too. Now that was my fault for dropping it.
what kind of generator are you running?
Old 2007-03-26, 1:05am
BeadsonCypress

they have been talking about this torch for years......I heard they are taking a prototype to Las Vegas, and are taking orders....getting one is another thing...
Old 2007-03-26, 1:53am
DSDWC

Hey Lisi,
Check out my new generator set up with a holding tank. Might be something you are interested in.
Here a link to a thread on it

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=49796

Trey

Old 2007-03-26, 3:24am
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

they will get it fixed up you lisa.Deb will doing some demos on the first HC in vegas.I just talked to criss the other day and they will be out soon.

Mike

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.
Old 2007-03-26, 6:31am

There have been a lot of questions, so let's see if I can get to them all:

- Oxygen Consumption: The centerfire works just like a Mini CC, so for soft glass, 5 - 7 LPM is great and an M10 would run the centerfire well. For boro, an M15 would be a better choice on the centefire. The whole torch, both inner and outer will use somewhere around 15 LPM for soft glass. All of this theoretical at this point though, as we are still finishing up developement and testing.

- 4 stud or 2 stud: Our plan is to offer the torch as a standard 4 stud model, with a special "Y" hard pipe connection to make it 2 stud for a little extra money. Details are still a little sketchy here.

- Price: The pricinig is no where near final, but what we are floating around right now is $845 MSRP with a pre-order price of $750 until the end of the first week of April (the pre-order sale will help us to build a descently sized first production run for costing). Unfortunately, until we are finalized on the design and go into a true production run, it really isn't feasible to nail down the pricing yet. Could be less, could be more. Although I am thinking that costing less might be more likely.

- When: Taking it to Vegas allows Carlisle to get multiple opinions from many glassworkers and instructors, so that we can shorten the prototyping phase. Once we have feedback from Vegas, we can hopefully go right into production, unless there are any major issues with the prototype. We are hopeful that the HellCat will be in production by the middle of April with the first units coming off the production line at the end of April.

-always a sale and new items to check out!
East coast supplier of colored glass rod in 104 and 33, tools, torches, gloves, and everything else a flameworker needs
Where LE users receive 15% off glass, and 10% on everything else, every day all year long!
Old 2007-03-26, 11:23am
ManBearPig

I'm anxiously awaiting this torch. In fact, I talked to some Carlisle reps about this exact torch at the last few BeadFest events, and I've been checking their web site most every day since then looking for more info on it.

I know this much - I'm going to get one as soon as they are available. I love my CC, but sometimes it's too much torch.

Now, if I could get a Hellcat with a pre-mix center flame, that would be sweeeeeeeet......

Old 2007-03-26, 12:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Now, if I could get a Hellcat with a pre-mix center flame, that would be sweeeeeeeet......
Man, you guys don't make this easy do ya? A pre-mix centerfire is possible for this unit, but certainly won't be available as readily or easily as the surface mix. Hey! We are fine with customization of the torch to meet your needs, but it isn't always cheap

BTW, the website will be going through a complete overhaul soon. I have really been wanting to make it easier to get the info on our products, and I think we finally have a plan to do just that. So keep a look out!

East coast supplier of colored glass rod in 104 and 33, tools, torches, gloves, and everything else a flameworker needs
Where LE users receive 15% off glass, and 10% on everything else, every day all year long!
Old 2007-03-26, 5:53pm
one day at a time

Quote:
what kind of generator are you running?
I've got an Airsep AS-12A, the high-pressure model, which can put out as much as 18psi, but I have it set to 13psi. That's more than enough for the small torches. I have a small holding tank (portable oxygen size??) that I got with the purchase, and it's not a lot of holding capacity, it's just there to regulate the flame. So it doesn't "breathe" with each cycle.
Old 2007-03-26, 6:06pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Cornette View Post
Hey Lisi,
Check out my new generator set up with a holding tank. Might be something you are interested in.
Here a link to a thread on it

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=49796

Trey
Oh wow! Hey, I'm pretty sure my generator would be able to power up a tank like that!

Thanks Trey! I thought about something like this a long time ago and asked the guy who sold me the Airsep (three years ago I bought it) and he was just giving me a line to try and get me to buy another machine!

How I know he is full of s*** is when he told me I would need to get another like the one I have to run in tandem for a "dual" set-up to run a Lynx! Yeah, a Lynx! Jeez...I'm not that stupid!

Now why would I need two generators to run a Lynx when just one puts out 15lpm + 15-18psi?? I think mine could probably run the Cheetah, but likely not at full capacity. That's why I decided on getting a torch with a center and an outer fire.

What sucks is that I don't know anyone else who has a generator like mine, except Laurie Copeland. It was very expensive (but it's very durable!), almost twice what you pay for the oxy generators that are being sold these days.
Old 2007-03-26, 8:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlisleGuy View Post
Man, you guys don't make this easy do ya? A pre-mix centerfire is possible for this unit, but certainly won't be available as readily or easily as the surface mix. Hey! We are fine with customization of the torch to meet your needs, but it isn't always cheap

BTW, the website will be going through a complete overhaul soon. I have really been wanting to make it easier to get the info on our products, and I think we finally have a plan to do just that. So keep a look out!
I have a question.

Can I buy the DVD mini cc basics and beyond be itself?

On the website it looks like you can only get it if you buy a new torch. What if you already got the torch but no dvd?

Thanks

Robert
Old 2007-03-26, 9:52pm

Quote:
I have a question.

Can I buy the DVD mini cc basics and beyond be itself?

On the website it looks like you can only get it if you buy a new torch. What if you already got the torch but no dvd?
You can get the DVD for the Mini CC, without purchasing the torch. The cost for the DVD is $20.00 plus shipping.

Did you purchase your Mini CC directly from Carlisle or one of our main distributors? If so, and you still have a receipt or invoice of somekind, I would be willing to send out the DVD at no cost, you just cover the shipping. Send me a PM or e-mail to carlisle@carlislemachine.com

Old 2007-03-29, 10:29am

Hey Chris! Good to see you on the forums again!
I'm waiting for one of these too!
I want a 4 stud.
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-04-04, 9:48am
Temptress

I was in Vegas for the Expo last week and the prototype ended up in my classroom so I got to play with it for a few minutes. What a way to suck a girl in!
I completely broke down and put my preorder in this morning. $750 just was too good of a price to pass it up. The preorder pricing is available until Thursday this week (they are closed Friday this week). Glasscraft also has them listed on their website for $760.50.