No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-20, 5:17pm
Administrator

Default How many torches will an Oxygen generator run

Can you only run one or 2 minors on an oxygen generator?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-07-20, 5:42pm
boro color bender

Which one? Concentrator or generator? My beast generator will run about 50 minors- LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2005-07-20, 5:46pm
Administrator

generator

what one do you have?

Old 2005-07-20, 5:50pm
boro color bender

It's a beast. I got it on Ebay and it's a ZORBOX or something spelled like that. Not sure what model, but I need a huge compressor to run it... and sadly, I don't have one yet or the money to buy one ($3k). It stands about 7 feet tall and weighs about 1000 pounds. Can you say OVERKILL?!?

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2005-07-20, 5:53pm
boro color bender

I'm not an expert on Generators, but you will need an output of about 12-15 LPM at 8 PSI to run two minors... I believe. It's all about flow and pressure.

Old 2005-07-20, 5:59pm
Administrator

what would be needed for 6 torches?

Old 2005-07-20, 6:16pm
Dildo Kween!

Cori I have the Oxybox45 generator from BTES ($8-9K). I have run my Mirage and a lynx at the same time (those are the only torches I have so that's all I've done)

I could probably do 4 Minors, possibly 5.

It will depend on the holding tank of the generator also, and how much pressure etc... flow, input and output.

8 psi? why in the world would you need that much output? 5psi o2 and 1 -2 psi of l.p. is the norm for soft glass.

Heidi

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2005-07-20, 6:28pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi von Frozenfyre
8 psi? why in the world would you need that much output? 5psi o2 and 1 -2 psi of l.p. is the norm for soft glass.

Heidi
Doh! Sorry, color me a boro guy... and I was doing the mins for boro too- LOL

Old 2005-07-21, 6:01am

Corri what do you have going on in that head of yours? I see a project in the making.

LAURIE HUNT
Old 2005-07-21, 6:11am
Professional Bead Pimp

Corri,

Figure about 4-5 LPM per Minor. You could do this with regular oxygen concentrators, you'd just need 6 or more for 6 torches. Just dedicate one for each torch.

If you are planning a teaching studio, then I'd highly recommend liquid oxygen. One problem with them is that they will vent ox to the atmoshpere if you don't use the tank enough. Here in Florida, with the heat, they will vent about once a day. If you use oxygen from it every day, then it would be very economical. The other problem is if you are in a residential area, you probably won't be able to find an liquid ox supplier that will service you.

A combination of regular tanks and ox cons might be a good way to start. Use the ox cons when running just a couple of torches, and use the tanks to run 6 torches, until you can justify the liquid oxygen tank. BTW, you rent/lease the liquid ox tanks.

"Another Analog Brain in the New Digital World" - me
"The fact that nobody understands you doesn't make you an artist" - PopCap Zuma game, Level 12-7

Last edited by BillBrach; 2005-07-21 at 6:13am.
Old 2005-07-21, 8:49am
One Crazy Mama

Corri, whatcha have in mind? you filling up that garage of yours?? hehehe...

Old 2005-07-21, 10:31am
Administrator

I have nothing in my mind. haven't you guys figured that out by now??