Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2008-05-22, 4:18pm

Default Want to win 10 lb of Messy Color?

Please read our May e-newsletter or read below for contest details:

http://www.creationismessy.com/Marketing/News051508.htm

Creation is Messy Photography Contest

The Prize: 10 lb assortment of Messy Color

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: 7/15/2008 12:00 Midnight

When we first started producing 104 COE compatible glass and were ready to bring our product to market, we realized it was time to choose a name for our new company. After years of hard research and development, we wanted our company name and brand to reflect the concept that, as a universal truth, the creation process is almost invariably very messy. After hours of brainstorming and debating various names that all tried to capture this idea, we struck on the core principle of our business ethic: to always state the truth simply. Once we blended that idea with the naming exercise, the obvious struck us almost instantly and we have since been known simply as "Creation is Messy."

"Creation is Messy" means to us that the richness and meaningfulness of art and creativity arises from a process that is filled with chaos, risk, uncertainty, and just plain old mess. From running the brand idea by our artist friends and family, we found that the name and the concept rang true for them as well. Whether you are starting a business, making glass beads, painting, cooking, wood working, sewing, giving birth, doing pottery, or wherever you find the creative process taking you, we encourage you to embrace the Mess!

As part of bringing our brand message to our web and print presence, we originally contracted with a photographer friend of ours to provide the artwork that we have been using for the past couple years. Now we are ready to update these Messy images, and to do so we are holding a photography contest to bring in fresh new branding photographs that scream the message "Creation is Messy!" to the viewer. These images do not need to be restricted to glass working or lamp working; they can feature any creative process that you find demonstrates the Messy attitude.

We are looking for photos that are fundamentally good: clearly themed, in focus, and meeting the technical requirements we list below. We want to exclude people from the images and focus solely on images of the Messy creation space itself. We would like our branding to be fun, colorful and stimulating. We will be using the photos in both web and print design. If your photo is chosen, you will likely see your Mess posted on our Web site www.CreationIsMessy.com. You are also likely to see it on plastic signage at retail stores and in glass working classrooms.

The Rules:
Format: jpg or tif ONLY
Size: minimum 800x600px
Quality: minimum 300 dpi, 600 dpi preferred
Medium: Must be a photograph (no other mediums are acceptable!)

We will pick multiple winning images.

Winners will be required to sign a photographer release form granting Creation is Messy full permission to use the image as we see fit in perpetuity. Creation is Messy reserves the right to crop the images as appropriate for our advertising needs.

How to Enter:
To submit your photo for consideration, email Kathy@creationismessy.com. Winners will be notified by reply email to the address from which the submission was sent. Final results will be announced in our July 31st e-newsletter. If there are any questions, please email Kathy@creationismessy.com. We are looking forward to seeing your submissions!

Kathy Seamands

Creation is Messy
Messy Color

[web]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[mail]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-05-22, 4:38pm
Entropy increasing....

Ooooo.... a contest. I love creative contests!
Old 2008-05-22, 11:07pm
Glass-aholic

Fun!!!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2008-05-23, 11:44am

WOW!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-07-16, 9:42am

Default Deadline Extension

DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL JULY 22ND.

Please feel free to enter as many photos as you like.

Kathy

Kathy Seamands

Creation is Messy
Messy Color

[web]

[mail]

Old 2008-07-17, 3:41pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I love colors and I love photographing colors. I wish you don't exclude people cause I would have submit this one:

Oh well, I'll see if I can come up with some ideas, good luck on your fun contest!

Old 2008-07-19, 10:52am
beads....mmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2snooze View Post
I love colors and I love photographing colors. I wish you don't exclude people cause I would have submit this one:

Oh well, I'll see if I can come up with some ideas, good luck on your fun contest!

Is that you in the photo? You're gorgeous! The photo's a great idea, too.

::
Old 2008-07-19, 11:16am
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Oh yes, Maria is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, inside and out.

And she's a great photo artist, too.
Old 2008-07-19, 11:21am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Yes, thank you Deborah. Well, that's a lot of photoshop too. Hee hee...

Old 2008-07-19, 11:24am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Oh yes, Maria is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, inside and out.

And she's a great photo artist, too.
Aww, Kevan, thank you so much for making my day. Believe me, I need it. Going through a lot of things right now. So, Thank you! Thank you sooo much! You're so sweet. (((((((( Kevan )))))))

Old 2008-07-19, 12:02pm
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2snooze View Post
Aww, Kevan, thank you so much for making my day. Believe me, I need it. Going through a lot of things right now. So, Thank you! Thank you sooo much! You're so sweet. (((((((( Kevan )))))))

I am not just blowing smoke up your dress, I really mean it!!

And you are welcome.
Old 2008-07-20, 12:31am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Love ya!