Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2015-10-31, 7:19pm

Default South Texas Flooding

As some of you may be aware we've been having severe flooding in the South Texas area - San Antonio and surrounding hill country. We had a break in the rains yesterday when I had a follow-up for my head-injury, but by the time I got back the run-off alone had me unable to get back into my side of town for five hours.

We have had no mail getting in or out for a few days, and more rains are still forecasted. Heck - it's raining now! Anyone living out in this area, please be careful if you have to go out and do NOT attempt any low water crossings - we've had police, sheriffs and some volunteers out turning vehicles away from each of the seven on our main road alone.

I can get orders down to my central neighborhood mailboxes, but Stephanie (our carrier) has been unable to get to our side of Bulverde to collect or drop off mail, so shipping will be a bit out of whack for the time being so please bear with me while the water rises then falls.

The good news is that by the time the water recedes all of our frit should be in the new shop and ready for a "we finally did it" sale!!!

Many thanks,
Leslie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2015-10-31, 9:46pm
It's all about the color.

I was wondering about you earlier today and hoping that the storms haven't taken out all your hard work. Stay safe!

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2015-10-31, 9:56pm

Thanks Kay, same to you & your family! Stay home until this passes. Remember the bridge over Comal Creek on 281? The water is running barely under the highway instead of 50 feet below it!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2015-10-31, 10:09pm
Phill

I am keeping both of you in my thoughts on this.

Please pass on to your neighbors and friends that there really is not anything all that important that needs doing that can not wait for the water to recede.
Old 2015-11-01, 7:18am

Thanks Phil, that is so true! I've done my share of high water rescue with Austin EMS and Bexar County Volunteer Fire Department. It's dangerous and heartbreaking. When my sister was a senior in high school she lost a dear friend to a flood because he was trying to help someone else.
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2015-11-01, 1:12pm

Wow what a mess. Hope you both stay safe
Old 2015-11-01, 4:34pm

How dreadful! Be careful and prayers it ends soon
Old 2015-11-01, 5:52pm

Thanks guys!!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2015-11-02, 12:00am
Phill

Quote:
............. I've done my share of high water rescue with Austin EMS and Bexar County Volunteer Fire Department. It's dangerous and heartbreaking. ..... .

That would make you one of my HEROs!

It is one thing to find yourself in the situation where you are the nearest person that could make a difference and know that you got to do what you got to do because it matters right now ......

It is quite another to get up in the morning and go find a place where someone will tell you that you are needed to go put it all online for someone else every day on purpose.

Folks like you allow folks like me to sleep soundly day after day for decade after decade.

Thank You for your service.
Old 2015-11-04, 10:52am

Aw Phill, there are no words...

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2015-11-09, 8:17am
Lava Maker

Wow, Houston didn't get quite that much flooding. I hope you are high and dry now.

Ann DeHoff