The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-10-31, 11:05am

Default Back by Request Pleated Vessel Tutorial

Pleated Vessel Tutorial

Back by request "Pleated Vessel Tutorial"

My tutorials are no longer on Etsy

It's been a while since I've introduced my tutorials but i've had so many requests to do so that I finally decided it was time.

I have three tutorials I will be reintroducing. "Pleated Vessel Tutorial" , "Murex Shell Tutorial" and "Majestic Seahorse".

All of them can be created using all COE glass.

I am starting with
"Pleated Vessel Tutorial"

Below are some images I've taken from my tutorial to show the quality of the aided images throughout this tutorial and easy follow along instructions. My images are large and very sharp and my instructions are clear and precise. In *this post*, the images are simple screen shots and not full resolution.

Since the last introduction, my email has changed so please note:

* If you have questions or need asistance, please contact me either by phone : 979-272-8272, or by email: sandracowan@me.com. You can also text me at 979-571-9121 in case I'm not home.*

To purchase this tutorial, please paypal me $16.00 at sandracowan@me.com.

If you wish to gift this tutorial, please make a note in the message box with the recipients email address, their first name and any note you wish to send them. Please include your name and preferred email for your recipient to contact you if want a reply, when you purchase.
Please refrain from sending me a seperate email with this information because it can get confusing when trying to match up with paypal confirmations, especially when there are senders/purchasers who have multiple email addresses different from their email on paypal.
ENJOY and
THANKS!

Sandy

Last edited by slcuniques; 2014-10-19 at 2:08pm.
Old 2008-10-31, 11:58am
Resident hippie

Aw Sandy I'd love to be in but I already purchased the tut.
Now when I get around to actually making the vessel is a whole nother story. . .

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-31, 12:19pm

Yeah, A lot of people have. You know you can purchase it for a friends too. . Would make a nice christmas pressie.. and you will have an entry..

When you make your vessel, I"d love to see it.. I've seen a lot of them and some of them are outstanding.. All of them are great but there are some that really blow me away.. I really wanna see your first one Anna!!!
Old 2008-10-31, 11:16pm

Smile

I got my tut!!!
Now for my wish list:

1) GTT Cricket

2) In-line exhaust fan

3) Mother Marver

4) DH Pandora

5) DH Gaia

Thanks so much for the chance to win you are very generous!!!

Michelle
Old 2008-11-01, 8:50am

That's a great Christmas Wish list Michelle!! Thanks for the Tut purchase and You're very welcome for the contest drawing. I love doing these, especially around Christmas time. I wish I could afford to get something for everyone but this year I think one really nice gift would be fun too.
Good Luck in the drawing !!
Old 2008-11-01, 8:58am
Totally Lost

Oh.. poo! I' not eligible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-01, 9:33am
pamtees

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcuniques View Post

What's on your Christmas wish list?

Rules~

(2) You must purchase a tutorial from Todays date (Oct 31,200 until the drawing to be eligible. (previous purchases not eligible).

Make your Tutorial purchase and post your list soon. ( One list per tutorial purchase ) Good Luck and....

Sandy, What a sweet and seriously generous (evil) person you are! Ya know I love ya, right!

Since I don't qualify for the drawing, but I do need, want, wish for a Creation Station, haha, I would like to purchase a tutorial or two to give as Christmas gifts. I love giving gifts too and knowing what people would really like to receive is always a plus! Please pm me a list with anyone you know of who would love this tut but can't buy it on their own. Or, maybe a list will generate from this thread of people who would like the tut as a gift!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

pam
Old 2008-11-01, 9:56am

Hey Pam, That's really sweet. I had a though... What about doing a Random RAOGK with the tut? or would you rather it be a surprise?

Maybe within this thread, some will sing out that want it but can't afford to buy it..
I know I sent the tut out a few weeks ago to a few people who I knew wanted it but couldn't afford to buy it.
What a nice thing to do for others Pam!!! That's why I love you my friend. You're so thoughtful!!
Old 2008-11-01, 10:02am

Hey Steph!! Long time! I've been away and so flippin busy. Sorry I haven't called you in a while.. We've been on the road photographing. We were supposed to go again this week but it was cancelled, so I have time to do this now.
Everyone qualifies.. You don't need to purchase it for yourself. It can be a gift for someone else too. Just let me know who it's for and I'll send it to them when you purchase it. Easy peezie. The entry will be yours, The tut will be for whoever you purchase it for.
Call me when you get the chance. I miss talking to you on the phone.
Old 2008-11-01, 10:06am

Hey Peeps. Just wanted to let everyone know, Overseas is eligible too! Doesn't matter where you are.. As far as I'm concerned, It's Christmas around the world!!
Old 2008-11-01, 10:07am
pamtees

Quote:
Hey Pam, That's really sweet. I had a though... What about doing a Random RAOGK with the tut? or would you rather it be a surprise?

Maybe within this thread, some will sing out that want it but can't afford to buy it..
I know I sent the tut out a few weeks ago to a few people who I knew wanted it but couldn't afford to buy it.
What a nice thing to do for others Pam!!! That's why I love you my friend. You're so thoughtful!!

Sandy, Since I have no way of knowing who already has this tutorial and I don't want you to have to go through all your records it would be great if anyone who would like to receive it as a gift would list here or pm me!

This is a fab tutorial and even beginners can learn so much about technique and get really great ideas from it.

Love ya!
pam
Old 2008-11-01, 10:14am

oh sure. Post away if you want and can't afford. Great idea Pam! I'm sure there are a few.
I may even give another one away too. Just let me know who is buying for who (through PM to keep it secret) and I'll keep track so no one will get two. LOL.. and during this, I'll randomly choose someone to send out a complimentary tutorial to as well.
How fun!!
Old 2008-11-01, 10:46am
pamtees

Sandy, I have ordered a tutorial for a gift, yay! I'll get the email address to you as soon as I get it!

I really, really want a creation station! My torn rotator cuff makes holding my right arm up difficult so this is what I would really like if I win.

I would also be happy with any silver glass!

Silver wire for wire wrapping would also be cool!

Love ya!
pam
Old 2008-11-01, 11:08am

Got it Pam, I've sent her the Tut. She should have it now.. I've added your Christmas wish list to my spreadsheet! Good Luck on the drawing sweeite!!
Old 2008-11-01, 1:48pm
pamtees

I might purchase another one. I'll wait and see if anyone else posts in this thread or pm's me!
Old 2008-11-01, 2:25pm

You're really in the Christmas Spirit too, Pam. You are being given a new name. Pammy Claus.. haha.. It fits!
Old 2008-11-01, 5:42pm
Master Procrastinator

I just wanted to post a big thank you to Pam & Sandy. I'm the lucky recipient of Pam's generosity & it couldn't have come at a better time. I don't usually care to air my troubles, but I had come home for a break after visiting DH in the hospital & was reading the posts on LE when this thread caught my eye. I saw Pam's generous post & PM'd her. She graciously offered to purchase the tute for me. I went back to the hospital & by the time I came home a short while ago the tute was in my mailbox.

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to give it a try, but just wanted to write & say thank you & let you know that you've both brightened my day. The tute looks awesome, very detailed & beautifully done. Thank you both so much!

Old 2008-11-01, 6:58pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

Wow this is so neat and makes me want to cry!!!! I think that the world needs more people like you Sandy!!!!!! I will have DH purchase this tut for me on Monday cuz this is a loner computer and I can't print anything on it or save an email but DH can on his at the office!!!!! I will give you my wish list on Monday until then Happy (Early) Christmas!!!!!!

Old 2008-11-01, 7:14pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

okay so I realized that I could just have it emailed to DH i'm a dork!!!! I bought it and I have to wait till Monday so I am on pins and needles cuz i wanna try it out!!!! okay here is my list

Creation station

Any Silver Glass

Cricket Torch

Zoozi med + Lentil press

Okay so I had to add this cuz up until now I never thought I would need them- Hot Fingers Whatever size needed to make these gorgeous vessels!!!! Thank you for letting me add this

I cannot wait to try this!!!!!!!!

Love and Hugs

Last edited by SunDoorBeads; 2008-11-02 at 12:57pm. Reason: being a dork :)
Old 2008-11-01, 8:18pm

LOL, Michelle, I sent it to both e-mail addys of yours just to make sure you got it.

You are so sweet. What a really nice thing to say to someone. Thank you!!

Lots of people bring tons of Joy to others on LE. That's what is so heart warming.

Do y'all realize, Christmas is only 7 1/2 weeks away..??? Sheesh. where does the time go!
Old 2008-11-02, 2:53am
Formerly Deesigned Beads

Wow, what a nice thing you guys are doing! I do not have paypall (so no tutorial buying for me soon), but am willing to get into get Chrismas spirit! I would gift one of my finished glass and silver pieces to one of the pm's I am getting. Even if it is for someone who does not do lampwork, but you feel that the person needs a gift from a stranger!

So send your pm to me, and I will choose/randomly select one person with something nice!

Diana

Old 2008-11-02, 7:59am
pamtees

Sandy, Here is my wish list!...

A Creation Station

Any Silver Glass, I love them all!

Silver or copper wire would be great too!

(done)
Old 2008-11-02, 8:00am
pamtees

Diana,

I checked out your website! Wow! Your jewelry pieces are gorgeous! I really love your work and I'm so glad I checked it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesigned Beads View Post
Wow, what a nice thing you guys are doing! I do not have paypall (so no tutorial buying for me soon), but am willing to get into get Chrismas spirit! I would gift one of my finished glass and silver pieces to one of the pm's I am getting. Even if it is for someone who does not do lampwork, but you feel that the person needs a gift from a stranger!

So send your pm to me, and I will choose/randomly select one person with something nice!

Diana
Old 2008-11-02, 8:15am

Pam, Dee should have the tut from you. Hopefully she will post that she got it.
Old 2008-11-02, 10:27am
Master Procrastinator

Awesome work Diana! I love the viking knit bracelet. I just recently learned how to do that myself. I wonder if you would mind sharing your source for the beadcaps. I like their simplicity.

Old 2008-11-02, 10:28am
Master Procrastinator

Oh, & I meant to say that I picked up DH from the hospital this morning. He'll need to go see his doctor tomorrow & be monitored closely, but all is well for now. Have a great day everyone!

Old 2008-11-02, 10:42am
pamtees

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
Oh, & I meant to say that I picked up DH from the hospital this morning. He'll need to go see his doctor tomorrow & be monitored closely, but all is well for now. Have a great day everyone!

That's great news, I'm so happy for both of you!
Old 2008-11-02, 10:55am
Formerly Deesigned Beads

Hi Lea,
That is a home made bead/end cap! I have a little mini-me of the hothead that I use for soldering silver at home (my Minor doubles as my big silver torch and I melt the ingots with that!). I used just sterling silver tube that I capped! And a jumpring that is bent and sanded.

I hope hubby is soon good and healty again!

I got so much from the Lampwork community, I would really like to give something back. If it was'nt for all the online support and help through these last 2 1/2 years, I would not be able to have come where I am today, and still growing and learning every day.

I really like the concept of 'paying forward'. As a nurse I try my best at comforting someone, and I always get a kick out of 'feel good stories'. So send me your (or someone's name) for a nice Christmas gift! I need to post something in the next week to make sure it reaches it's destination before Christmas!

Keep well!
Diana

Old 2008-11-02, 11:18am
Formerly Deesigned Beads

Oh my, oh my oh my. I think my food is burning! But I am giddy! Pam!!!! Sandra!!!! WOW.

I do not know what to say! Thank you for the wonderful tut!!! WOW!

Need to rescue the sossage!

Last edited by Art of Hand; 2008-11-02 at 11:20am. Reason: needed to say thanks again for the tut!
Old 2008-11-02, 11:24am
Totally Lost

I miss you too Sandy!! Student teaching is taking up A LOT of my time! I'd buy a tut for someone else, but I don't know anyone else really that does lampwork. I'll have to think about it and see if I can come up with someone to buy it for!

I'll try to give you a call sometime soon! I miss you. If you're around, I'll try to come to the chatroom tonight too. I wanna show you some things I've been doing.

Quote:
Hey Steph!! Long time! I've been away and so flippin busy. Sorry I haven't called you in a while.. We've been on the road photographing. We were supposed to go again this week but it was cancelled, so I have time to do this now.
Everyone qualifies.. You don't need to purchase it for yourself. It can be a gift for someone else too. Just let me know who it's for and I'll send it to them when you purchase it. Easy peezie. The entry will be yours, The tut will be for whoever you purchase it for.
Call me when you get the chance. I miss talking to you on the phone.