Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2014-01-31, 7:32pm

Beads started rolling in today. You guys are so awesome.

Kimberly Parsons
Kris Schiable
Lezlie Foster

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-01, 9:32am
flight risk

I'm going to try to make beads for this today. I'm also interested in the pewter husky...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-02-01, 9:40am
Got Honey?

Quote:
Beads started rolling in today. You guys are so awesome.

Kimberly Parsons
Kris Schiable
Lezlie Foster
YAY! So happy to be part of this!

Old 2014-02-01, 2:47pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Got a couple little trucks made....and a couple florals....next will be some pairs! Off to the torch! Is there a gender or age group where you notice bead gaps?

Old 2014-02-01, 5:17pm

Any chance that you could post a photo of the beads before they hit the trail?

Thanks
Robert
Old 2014-02-01, 8:16pm

Mine should be in the mail no later than Tue. 4th Feb.
Thx so much for doing all of this work & making sure that it happens! I'd never dreamed that I'd actually have something that I made take the Iditarod! Colour me thrilled!
Best,
ginger
Old 2014-02-02, 10:12am

We will start photographing beads in the next week or so and will post photos. RE gender... I think there is always a gap in beads that appeal to older boys. However, this event brings out sport, outdoors, dogs, and snow related themes, so I feel that we get a lot closer to appealing to a much larger demographic. Laura

Old 2014-02-02, 10:23am

How exciting! I will be sending mine in tomorrow's mail. Thank you so much!!! Jill

Old 2014-02-02, 3:34pm

Default Beads on the Trail JUST DO IT!!

Its a perfect day to make Iditarod beads. Foggy, foggy and foggy. I will be using recycled wine bottles from the 2012 banquet where the mushers draw their bib numbers. Its a bottle green glass and verrrrrrrrrry stiff. Then I will etch on some paws.

If you are thinking about making beads JUST DO IT!!

Practice stringer control and draw rings around a bead then drag to look like a river or trail.

Draw some snow flakes --they only have 6 arms.

Go all out and write TO NOME 2014 BOC.

See you on the trail,
Julie
Old 2014-02-02, 8:27pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Got a bunch cooking from a few hours of fun today!

Old 2014-02-02, 8:35pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I'll try... it would be wicked cool to have a dog in this fight, so to speak.

L-111

Old 2014-02-03, 8:21am
I think I could be a bead

My beads are made. Hope to get them mailed by Wednesday.

Old 2014-02-04, 8:01pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Got mine all cleaned and packed and mailed today. 18 on their way.....should get there Saturday.

Old 2014-02-04, 8:08pm
Got Honey?

I wish there was a "like" button in here
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-02-04, 8:33pm

More beads coming in. Here are pics from Robert and Lezlie's amazing contributions. Absolutely beautiful. Michelle is sending Kim and Kris' pics and I will post them shortly.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Laura

Old 2014-02-04, 9:02pm

More Picts as promised for Kim Parsons and Kris Schiable. Beautiful. Thank you again.

Laura

Old 2014-02-05, 5:21pm
Got Honey?

Love Kim's raked beads!!

Kris: Those are just lovely and soft! Are they hollows?

Robert: Nice colorful pairs! The kids are going to love them!

Thanks for posting these pics Laura!

Old 2014-02-05, 7:12pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I spent 2 1/2 solid hours today doing the same landscape focal over and over and over - I should have at least 10 that are worthy of sending in. I'll try and get them cleaned tomorrow and mailed out Friday. I'm really excited about doing this!

L-111

Old 2014-02-05, 7:20pm

Nice beads everyone! Lezlie, your doggies are adorable!

Old 2014-02-05, 9:52pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

They're not cleaned yet, and I still can't decide if I like them, but here's a sampling of the "Northern Lights" beads I made

L-111

Old 2014-02-05, 10:02pm

Mine should arrive Friday.
Thx so much for doing all of this for us & BOC!
Best,
ginger
Old 2014-02-05, 10:36pm

Love, love, love Pat. They are awesome. We will watch for them!

Laura

Old 2014-02-11, 4:01pm
Senior Moment

I sent some beads to you today. Receipt says you should get it on Friday!

Old 2014-02-14, 2:04pm

I made mine with a little inspiration from Claudia's awesome book. They should be there any day.

Old 2014-02-14, 5:21pm

Sent mine off today. Hope they arrive in a timely manner.

Georgia
Old 2014-02-17, 3:01pm

update on the beads I am making for the race.
the large bead is for the sled the small ones will be for the auction.
I will finish up the rest of the needed numbers and have them on the way in the next two days.

#C-151
Old 2014-02-17, 6:02pm

Morgan, those are breathtaking. Can't wait to see them irl. Laura

Old 2014-02-17, 6:54pm
Against the Grain

Those are fabulous Morgan!

Old 2014-02-17, 6:55pm

Morgan, those are so beautiful!

Old 2014-02-17, 9:31pm

OMG! I am just looking at this thread for the first time - but I am the person checking the mail box for your beads. I am just thrilled and in awe of all the amazing beads you are sending for Beads on the Trail! This is absolutely the best year yet! Thank you all!