Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-01-25, 6:48am
Lover of all things color

Default Does anyone use Corel Photo Paint???

I need serious help with editing but I can't afford to buy Photoshop. I've been using Corel Photo Paint forever but the newer version is fighting me.

Can anyone help?

thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-01-26, 10:56am

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pix...eephotoedw.htm

Try some of these. Free
Katie
Old 2009-01-26, 11:11am

Sorry, should of asked you which Corel Photo Paint version you have.
There are a lot of tutorials on using Corel-look up Corel Photo Paint Forums on Google.
Most of these photo programs add so much more than you need that is is complicated in the begenning but gets much easier as you use them. Sometimes the free simple ones can be as effective for beads as the more complicated ones.
Katie
Old 2009-01-26, 12:43pm

I agree Katie but I downloaded the free one GIMP and it is just as bad. I use to have C
P v7 and I loved it, 9 was ok too but I hate 12. Guess I need to just crack open the book.

I'll try Google, thanks,

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-01-26, 5:21pm

I can relate to that, as I also have Corel same as you. I use my older Corel Draw 8 more
than any of the other Corel Products. I like Microsoft Digital Imagining and use it and Photoshop Elements mostly.
Seems like each one has something to offer that you like a lot but not one that has it all.
Did you get any software with your camera or is it also just a mickey mouse program that comes with them?
Hope you get some help.
Katie
Old 2009-01-26, 5:28pm

I could have sworn that that one of my cameras came with a stripped down version of Photoshop Elements but I can't find it. I have maybe four or five photo editing programs and really prefer Corel PhotoPain 7, wish I could find that....LOL I have three or four versions of the whole CorelDraw package that includes Photopaint but just haven't gotten use to the new version.

I downloaded GIMP that everyone was talking about but I can't quickly make that do what I want either. Frustrating to say the least.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con