LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-31, 1:06am

It just makes absolutely no sense (to me) to buy the COTM colors from Marcie at almost twice the price of\ what we can get them for from Grace. The 3 month period just is not enough of an incentive for me. Especially given the shipping problems and the communication problems. And especially since we have no idea what the color will be until we get it from Marcie, but from Grace (and other non-club distributors) I get to see the color before I buy.

If the cost was cheaper, maybe. If the business was handled better, maybe. If the exclusivity period were longer, maybe.

But as it is....nope. I need more of an incentive.

I joined this club thinking I was actually getting something worth the high price she was charging. It doesn't matter what the colors are - if I can pay over $10 less per pound for it elsewhere, and know what I am getting before I pay, I'm gonna.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-12-31, 12:05pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnhobby View Post

The Lauscha factory charges the same price to all distributors/dealers all over the world. It's up to the individual dealer/distributor to set their own price. They do not charge extra for new colors, I just received the Supernova in two different shades. It will be priced at the same price as Lauscha Lady (as is all my Lauscha glass).

Prices depend a lot on:

3. Individual dealer/distributor markups.

It is a lot of work to receive a Lauscha shipment, weigh it and bundle it (we also have to cut it into 13" lengths, though the club glass arrives already cut - Lauscha does it only for the club)

Hope this helped,

Kathy Walters
Bedrock Supply Ltd.
Canada
Kathy,
The above information helped....a lot!

Amy

Old 2006-12-31, 12:34pm

Default Okay question on shipping to and from.

Here is maybe a stupid question.

Does the cost posibly measure out some based on where our glass is coming from?

Example: Canada to US shipping is higher versus US to US is cheaper for us here in the US.

And for us here in the US it would take longer to get from Canada.

So, can some of the time frame and $$ be accounted for that?

Like I said might be a stupid question.
Old 2006-12-31, 2:10pm

Not a stupid question. We're paying a premium because we get the new glass FIRST. Granted, 2 or 3 months isn't much of a lead time but if (unlike me) you get it and start working with it immediately then you'll be the first on the block to showcase something totally new and different.

For now, I'm still willing to pay the extra because I want to give Marcie time to get this thing off the ground. If, in a few months, I find it is not paying any kind of dividend for me then I'll probably cancel.

Old 2007-01-01, 4:32pm

So the club glass is pre-cut by the factory for the club only, (at no extra charge) yet the glass is *cheaper* from dealers who have to cut it themselves. Interesting.

Oh & I noticed tonight that Lauscha Lady has a notice on her site that says BLUTONIUM LATER THIS WEEK!!!
(aren't there still club members waiting for theirs??)
I'm excited because I never did get an answer as to wether or not that color was going to be available to the "general public" (it was kind of implied that it was a 'club only' purchase & that the club had bought all of it) & now it's looking like there will be some out there that the non-members can get their hands on!! Yippeee!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-01-01, 5:07pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
So the club glass is pre-cut by the factory for the club only, (at no extra charge) yet the glass is *cheaper* from dealers who have to cut it themselves. Interesting.

Oh & I noticed tonight that Lauscha Lady has a notice on her site that says BLUTONIUM LATER THIS WEEK!!!
(aren't there still club members waiting for theirs??)
I'm excited because I never did get an answer as to wether or not that color was going to be available to the "general public" (it was kind of implied that it was a 'club only' purchase & that the club had bought all of it) & now it's looking like there will be some out there that the non-members can get their hands on!! Yippeee!
You picked up on that whole pre-cut thing for the same price too, huh? Thanks for telling us about Blutonium on Lauscha Lady. If it's $22.50/lb US I'll certainly buy some because I was thinking the color looked pretty cool...but I had already dropped the whole club deal.

Old 2007-01-01, 5:41pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
You picked up on that whole pre-cut thing for the same price too, huh? Thanks for telling us about Blutonium on Lauscha Lady. If it's $22.50/lb US I'll certainly buy some because I was thinking the color looked pretty cool...but I had already dropped the whole club deal.
Yeah, I caught that too. Oh well! Hopefully this will all get smoothed out soon and this can turn into being a awesome deal.
Old 2007-01-01, 5:42pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow View Post
So, I have paid extra for the previlige of wait till AFTER everyone got their glass?!?

Anyone got a bridge to sell at Alice Spring?

Cheers
Nancy

Old 2007-01-01, 6:09pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklt0 View Post
So, I have paid extra for the previlige of wait till AFTER everyone got their glass?!?

Anyone got a bridge to sell at Alice Spring?

Cheers
Nancy

I could make one with popsicle sticks, or with my supernova rod shorts...hehehe!!! I'd give you a fair price though!!!

Old 2007-01-02, 3:56pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I could make one with popsicle sticks, or with my supernova rod shorts...hehehe!!! I'd give you a fair price though!!!
WOW! You mean I would actually receive some thing for my money?!?

Old 2007-01-02, 10:11pm
Life is change. Love it

I am so out of this club! $40.00 plus 11.50 mailing costs to Canada, when Lauscha Lady is only 100km away??