No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2013-03-28, 8:23am
Pincel de Fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledragonfly View Post
DH designed and built it. its on wheels so it can be moved right up to my torch area and then out of the way when not needed.
Can I talk to him???? Lol jk, but seriously, he rocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
Old 2013-03-28, 11:31am

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegrafuct View Post
Can I talk to him???? Lol jk, but seriously, he rocks.
its really easy to make. He just make a box with 1/4 inch birch wood and nailed them together, the added some trim around the edges. We decided how deep we wanted it to be and thats how long he cut the fence rail which determined how deep the cabinet would be. He added heavy duty casters to the bottom and built a drawer. He still needs to add the drawer slides, but that may or may not ever get done.

Old 2013-04-08, 12:06pm

Old 2013-04-09, 2:46pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

I have that same PVC with the 3 sections. Am going to reorganise soon I think though.

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin
Old 2013-04-09, 5:28pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Default Frit Storage

I saw these spice containers at my girlfriends house and promptly "acquired" them!

They weren't aren't any good for spices--they just don't have an airtight seal and they expose the spices to light--but they rock as frit containers!!!

By twisting the lid, it has a sifter opening and a wider opening without having to open the whole thing. They have a transparent plastic part in the lid to let you see the color!

Plus they have magnets on the back --- and did you know many white boards are magnetic?? I didn't either!

I'll try to get a close up--this was my camera phone at night!

Smiles, Sheri

Old 2013-04-09, 5:35pm

Quote:
DH designed and built it. its on wheels so it can be moved right up to my torch area and then out of the way when not needed.
Quote:
This is my glass storage right after it was built.....of course it is completely full now. In fact I could use another one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon View Post

OOOOOHHHH.......

I think I'm going to combine both of these ideas...I've got a dresser of my grandmother's that is slowly dis-assembling itself--it's really too small to use for clothes, but it would be *perfect* for glass in square drainspout!! pull out the falling-apart drawers, put in plywood support shelves, load with drainspout, load in glass, put drawer fronts back with hinges for "prettiness factor" & repaint it--it will look like a nice little "sideboard" in the diningroom!!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2013-05-04, 6:27am
kiwi ( new zealand)

here my a old pc desk and water drain pipes and lots of glue
Attached Images

Geoffery Bunker Glass artist
Live Stream

octarockstudio= octopuss sit on a rock studio
Old 2013-05-04, 2:42pm

One for 104, one for 90. Not enough 96 or boro to have their own racks, they're in plastic bins underneath.
Attached Images

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2013-05-04, 4:52pm
Cat Winx

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
One for 104, one for 90. Not enough 96 or boro to have their own racks, they're in plastic bins underneath.

Major wow! Gorgeous and *so* organized too@ <G>

~Rachel

Old 2013-05-04, 4:54pm
Loving learning

I'm greeeeennnnn!!! Is that the 104 on the right?
Old 2013-05-04, 6:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalsDesign View Post

Major wow! Gorgeous and *so* organized too@ <G>

~Rachel
Thanks! It helps when I need to reach for something if I know where it is. Plus.. rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
I'm greeeeennnnn!!! Is that the 104 on the right?
Yup. I started with that, so loads more of it than 90, which is a more recent addiction.

~:
~:

~:

Last edited by NLC Beads; 2013-05-04 at 6:03pm.
Old 2013-05-04, 8:10pm
Chief Creative Goddess

Oh my eyes, my eyes!!

I bow....and drool a little too

Old 2013-05-04, 9:02pm

There's some great ideas in this thread, I had to wipe some drool away, too.

~:
~:

~:

Old 2013-05-05, 12:58am
Cat Winx

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
Thanks! It helps when I need to reach for something if I know where it is. Plus.. rainbows!

Yup. I started with that, so loads more of it than 90, which is a more recent addiction.
I am very curious... although I have recently been very (ever-so) tempted by the "dark side".. what is fueling your recent addiction to COE 90?

~Rachel

Old 2013-05-08, 8:08am
kiwi ( new zealand)

all so well done i use just boro if i did have cash my would be full .

Geoffery Bunker Glass artist
Live Stream

octarockstudio= octopuss sit on a rock studio
Old 2013-05-09, 2:24pm

how do you keep the fence posts together if you have open ends on a shelf, did you glue or rivit them together- help just making one now thanks
Old 2013-05-11, 9:42am
Creative Spirit

these are what my hubby built, along with the bench top etc. one for moretti and the other is for CIM.

Name:  DSCN0930.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  DSCN0934.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  47.0 KB

Peace Wendy
Old 2013-05-11, 9:57am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalsDesign View Post
I am very curious... although I have recently been very (ever-so) tempted by the "dark side".. what is fueling your recent addiction to COE 90?
~Rachel
Different colors, different looks - I feel that a lot of the Bullseye colors are more of a watercolor wispy feel compared to Effetre crayon colors. Better purples and pinks started it, and once I had those, other colors needed to happen, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycake View Post
how do you keep the fence posts together if you have open ends on a shelf, did you glue or rivit them together- help just making one now thanks
Glued together for mine.

Wendy, love the prayer flags, so pretty.

~:
~:

~:

Old 2013-05-12, 8:31am
Molten Glass Addict

Love looking at the rod storage! I need more glass, I'm drooling here!!

< me in my younger days

< me now days

< me after a pomegranate rum slushie

Old 2013-05-16, 4:15pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Here's my rod storage. I made the frame. It's really basic and is anchored with two brackets on the top to the wall. The transparent storage on the left is loose.
Attached Images

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin
Old 2013-05-19, 1:17pm
Pincel de Fuego

Holy crap you guys have a lot of glass.... How do you keep up with all of the names!!!! hahahaha

/
/
Old 2013-05-19, 3:43pm
kinda torching....

If anyone has any boro to get rid of let me know lol I wish I had glass like that!
Old 2013-06-12, 3:22pm

Default New storage approach for glass

I decided to try something different for storing my glass. I bought some inexpensive rolling cabinets at Ikea. The drawers are the perfect length to hold the rods. I can roll a cabinet right up beside me or push it under my desk to save space. I wrapped the glass in tissue paper like CIM and taped it with a label to show the color info.
Old 2013-07-19, 3:59pm

Here is a cheap way to store glass that I built from a plastic shelf I bought at Lowe's. Between the bottom 3 shelves, I cut the post to make them shorter. I left the post the original size for the top shelf, which is where I keep my tools. Underneath I attached a sheet of plywood, to keep the glass rods from hitting the floor. Then on the bottom I put 4 wheels. That way I can rotate the shelf. One side is soft glass and the other side is boro. I don't have a lot of glass, but there is enough space for a small amount of 76 different colors. Also, since this is open, the glass gets dusty. But, as I said it is a cheap storage shelf. If I remember correctly, the shelf cost $38, plus the cost of the wood and wheels.
Attached Images

Old 2013-07-20, 7:52pm

I bought an old child's bookshelf for my storage

Old 2013-09-02, 10:17am

Saw these shelves at my local hardware store recently and picked up a couple:

They're meant for shoes; each section looks like it'll hold several lbs of glass.

Most of my glass is still in the old "system" (that is, over-stuffed boxes and big plastic storage bins), I need to work with this for a bit to figure out the right balance of sorted and chaotic mess.
Old 2023-07-19, 12:16am

Not bad! If there's a version with dors, then I'm on board.