Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-09-14, 8:09pm
CatTickler Extraordinaire

Thumbs up Salt City Glass has another Thrilled Customer

If you have yet to order from Salt City Glass, wait no longer. They are the only ones that I know of who sell the True Parallel Masher 2 by Artisan Tool Works that include the flat set of interchangable heads, AND 2 concave heads! Every where else they cost at least $11 a piece. I just got back from AGI where I was able to feel the action on these mashers, and was blown away by the quality of the construction. (Being AGI, I had no money left over to buy them there!)

As far as I could tell, they are also one of the few/only stores that carry the torch marver for the new Bethlehem Bravo.

When I received my order, I was dissapointed to find not the concave interchangeable heads for the masher, but the short radius heads (think long skinny bead shape). I emailed Donna and Robert, and literally the next day had the correct pieces in my hands, and was told to keep the short radius ones as well!

They were also the best price for the Bravo torch, as well as having it available now. I thought that it had to be delivered from Bethlehem direct to me, so I was shocked when my order from Salt City Glass was delivered and included my sweet new torch.

To top this, when I pointed out a discrepincy in the listing of an item that I ordered, not only did Donna reimberse me for the item, she also promised to change the description, and send the correct item once they source it.

Suffice it to say, I am blown away by their customer service, and proud to have them in my home state of Utah. I originally called the new company out on this board as possible spammers, and not once did they ever get upset, but instead, they took the opportunity to prove their good intentions and sent me free schott clear rods and tubes in multiple diameters (before they had color available). I didn't have a torching space set up at the time because of a recent move, but was able to verify how well padded the glass was, and how fast the shipping was.

If there is a tool that you would like to suggest that you think that they should carry, they love to hear about it. I suggested the Handy Andy's because I love making loops with those, but I have only ever used other peoples, and it is time for me to get my own. Donna and Robert did not know of them, and were thrilled to have the suggestion.

Yes, they only carry borosilicate glass for now, but they have a good selection of tools. Their everyday prices are great and the sale prices are verging on insane! Shipping is only $7 for orders under $150, and over that is free! Hands down, I will be looking at Salt City Glass first for any future purchases!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.