Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-02, 9:06am
yukue fumei

hey--that mirror is an awesome idea!!!
thanks for the close up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-02, 9:29am
Pyromaniac

Sure -- it's not cause I'm vain, lol, I just don't like people sneaking up on me. Plus sometimes it comes in handy to look at my piece from the back.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-10-02, 9:37am
yukue fumei

yes--especially good when doing tubework

DH tries not to startle me when he walks up. He will make alot of noise but sometimes when I am in 'the mode' I can't physically hear(I know that sounds weird but it is true) and when he appears in the doorway it is all I can do to keep from tossing my artpiece in the air. oh, and screaming at hte top of my lungs, at which DH rolls with laughter while apologizing....

nagi

Old 2008-10-06, 9:30am

ha ha, butch does that to me all the time, i wont hear him come in and i jump out of my skin. i havent tossed anything yet though.
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-10-06, 10:34am
yukue fumei

LOL!!
Another twin moment!

nagi

Old 2009-06-15, 4:40pm
Young at Heart

Hey Guys - I just found this thread and laughed myself silly while reading it - Thanks for the entertainment - and
Yes,
I am a Newbie Boro Ho.
Selling all my 104 to buy more 33!
No Empty Vases in my House - They are all out in the shed filled boro
2 Tanks of Oxygen - I wouldn't want to run out..............................

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Boro Ho, Nortel Midrange, 2 Tanks of Oxygen
, A Chillipepper,Nikon D40 and the 2 Cats!
Old 2009-06-16, 9:44am

When the most exciting moment of the day is when you are able to get both toddlers down for a nap at the same time so you can dash to the studio with the baby monitor in hand, to try the new color combination you came up with when coloring with crayons...

Old 2009-06-16, 7:06pm

Default You might be a Bo Ho

OMG. What an awesome thread.

I'm not sure what I am. Just started "working" hot glass a year ago. Got into it because Boro just makes me drool. Mr. Smiley's implosion pendants are to die for.

Now I think I'm just a Ho Ho!!! (no twinkies and no santas): 104, 90, 33 and 96 on the way. Eeeeshh
Old 2009-06-17, 7:05am

This is when you call your self a real boro Ho when you are late on rent and dont have food on the table and you just spend your last $200 on some Loki's Lipstick boro color instead of saving to pay the bills, now you know you are a boro HO. LOL This is a cool thread feep it going.
Abe
Old 2009-06-17, 7:10am
Young at Heart

ooooh Yes! Loki Lipstick! I must agree with you Abe!

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Boro Ho, Nortel Midrange, 2 Tanks of Oxygen
, A Chillipepper,Nikon D40 and the 2 Cats!
Old 2009-06-17, 11:38am

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega View Post
To be true to a real ho's nature:
Your know your a boro ho when glass = money, money = glass and anything in between is just fuckn with your program.

You know your a boro ho when you flinch at the numbers 90 and 96.

You know your a boro ho when you read a bikers shirt and to you it says: gas, glass or ass.

You know your a boro ho when the swatch to color your house is GAs rod poster.

You know your a boro ho when you accept bits of rod from people that are clearly not useable for anything realistic, all while smiling.

You know your a boro ho when you make friends with someone in portland purely because of their proximity.

You know your a boro ho when your cardboard sign reads "Will work for Red Elvis".

thats all ive got for now.

Now get back to work hos.
My ears perk up when someone says they live in OREGON let alone Portland!
Who moved a while ago to be closer?? lol
The bikers saying.... I don't get it. What else could it mean?

I need a sequel to these! HAHAHAHA

I love that mirror too! I wear an Ipod and get scared to death when someone sneaks up on me!

You guys who just started! It can be just like a slip and slide! But so fun!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-06-17, 11:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveandErin View Post
When the most exciting moment of the day is when you are able to get both toddlers down for a nap at the same time so you can dash to the studio with the baby monitor in hand, to try the new color combination you came up with when coloring with crayons...
You KNOW you are a full fledged BO HO when you hear them crying and gauge tired/cranky/needsmenow so you can finish what you are working on!

I love the term BO HO!!

Boho's rock!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2009-07-01, 10:05pm
don't burn your fingers!

Yep, IM a boro Ho. Um, a guy can be a boro ho right? Well, if Brent can , then I can too!! Oh, and HELL YA! -that was for GTT. I have 2 of them so far......
Old 2009-07-02, 8:32am
Bead Obsessed

You know you're a BoHo when immediately after the earthquake you frantically dial home to see if the glass survived!

oh and to check on the kids as well....of course .....

Old 2009-07-05, 5:39am

OMG! Last memorial Day at Playing with Fire's Glass Jam PIPYR gave me a small piece of her boro she didn't sign it though....

Duane
PS- hi Pipyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamn! View Post
A real Boro ho gives it away to everyone for free because she gets it all the time....

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2009-07-14, 11:12am
Mandrel Slayer

I did the same thing after Hurricane Ike hit last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SELSEY View Post
You know you're a BoHo when immediately after the earthquake you frantically dial home to see if the glass survived!

oh and to check on the kids as well....of course .....

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2009-07-15, 11:36am
Star Traveling Super Hero

This one happened to me the other day, i thought of this thread.

You know your a (production)boro ho when you pick up a dichro image off the ground and its not the one you just dropped.

Im on
now!!!!!!
Old 2009-08-13, 9:43pm
Type ZZZ personality

Vases are for flowers????

I can concur that Jason's a big BoHo! He's got more torches, glass, and tools than anyone I know!

Hey Jason! We gotta play at Darby's again soon!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-08-14, 6:14am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
DH tries not to startle me when he walks up. He will make alot of noise but sometimes when I am in 'the mode' I can't physically hear(I know that sounds weird but it is true) and when he appears in the doorway it is all I can do to keep from tossing my artpiece in the air. oh, and screaming at hte top of my lungs, at which DH rolls with laughter while apologizing....
While the sexes are reversed, this is so true for me... I get so absorbed in the glass sometimes I don't hear her coming... I get so mad!

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy