Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-03-18, 8:55am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
Thank you Brent, I muchly appreciate it. I'm beginning to suspect that I suffer from some form of attention deficit because as soon as I've obsessively worked out one thing to my satisfaction, I move to the next thing to make, in relatively short time. There's so much I want to learn and do! Some of my galleries get a little frustrated with me, lol.
I suffer from the same disorder... hearts are the only thing I've been able to do repeatedly for extended periods of time in any quantity... but I'm always trying new color combinations and pushing the boundaries with color... the hearts are just my way to turn playing with new stuff into cash, so i can keep playing.

Everything else i make i have to do in small bursts... implosions are a prime example... I make a few and then I'm done... next!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-03-18, 9:13am

Default John's Marble class

I signed up for a 6 day class in July with John in Corning. There is a waiting list so it will be done by lottery. We find out the 24th of this month.
Keep your fingers crossed. I really want to learn some of his techniques.

Sue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlando1 View Post
I've been wanting to take one of J. Kubuki's classes. Here are some of my wanna be attempts.
Dave
Old 2011-03-19, 9:43am

Sue, I hope you get in John's class. 6 days! I think my head would explode. Good luck!
Nice shells.
Dave
Old 2011-03-21, 3:31pm
sorcerer

a very mixed bag here, a bit of everything, which is fantastic, so here is a creature from a series I have been making, an orchid mantis, the matchbox is just for scale.
B
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-21, 3:56pm
Bernhard Riegler

Wow - this is absolutely stunning - suuuuper. What color did you use for this mantis?

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Old 2011-03-21, 4:22pm

Lov'n the bug.

Old 2011-03-21, 6:39pm
sorcerer

sigular passion with a few little bits of Loki's Lipstick
B

Old 2011-03-21, 6:51pm
Bernhard Riegler

thank you - beautiful work

Old 2011-03-21, 8:22pm

Loki's Lipstick! I just bought some, yippee those colors are beautiful.

Old 2011-03-22, 10:53am

Well I am back to the torch again, (my daughter is feeling better). I bought a tut from Bashi Ali on reticello. Which I am having trouble saying, is the t silent? Anyway at the end of two days this is the best two.
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-22, 1:40pm

These are gorgeous, Well done Deb.

Where do we find the tutorial, is it on line?

Monique
Old 2011-03-22, 1:59pm

Not to good at this copy and paste stuff but try this.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/63685003...ng-flameworked

Old 2011-03-22, 2:02pm

Nice.... it works. Its on esty, quick response sent via the web.

Old 2011-03-22, 2:56pm
boro color bender

Bashi is one helluva nice guy too.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-03-22, 7:33pm
sorcerer

the T is sounded but the C is pronounced as "CH" so it becomes, re-ti-chello
here is a little heart today, more bugs coming though
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-23, 5:01am

^^ ssssnakeyyy!!!! Nice one, Bernie and nice mantis, you've kept me waiting a long time!!!!
I see you're gearing up to have some work in September you coming this year?

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-03-23, 5:55am

Very nice heart Bernie and thank you Deb for the link, I've placed my order.

Monique
https://bodaciousglassbeads.wordpress.com
Old 2011-03-23, 7:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onekura View Post
wonderful work here - a little dragonfly from me
This is awesome. I am a Dragonfly nut would you be willing to share on how this was made?
Old 2011-03-23, 7:42am

You won't regret the order Monique. Your stringer control will get a workout.

Old 2011-03-23, 7:43am

Re-ti-chello thanks Castaway.

Old 2011-03-23, 12:12pm
Boro Boy

Thanks for posting a link to my book Deb! I've gotten a lot of sales in the last 24hrs...All from Lampwork etc. traffic!

P.S. - Mr. Smiley is one helluva nice guy too.

~

~

Old 2011-03-23, 12:46pm
Bernhard Riegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty81179 View Post
This is awesome. I am a Dragonfly nut would you be willing to share on how this was made?
have a look here: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186464

Old 2011-03-23, 4:26pm

I'm glad you have some traffic on your site Bashi I am finding some good colors to work with and getting good results.

Old 2011-03-23, 4:54pm
Boro Boy

I'm glad your getting good results Deb. It's a fun pattern to experiment with...Lot's of color combo possibilities! I hope more people will share their Reticello pics.

~

~

Old 2011-03-23, 10:00pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
I suffer from the same disorder... hearts are the only thing I've been able to do repeatedly for extended periods of time in any quantity... but I'm always trying new color combinations and pushing the boundaries with color... the hearts are just my way to turn playing with new stuff into cash, so i can keep playing.

Everything else i make i have to do in small bursts... implosions are a prime example... I make a few and then I'm done... next!
Glad to hear I'm not alone! Maybe we need a GADD (Glass Attention Deficit Disorder) support group!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2011-03-24, 4:10am

Quote:
Originally Posted by patezd View Post
Glad to hear I'm not alone! Maybe we need a GADD (Glass Attention Deficit Disorder) support group!
^^^ hehe, only thing is there's nothing disorderly or deficient about the attention I give to my glass ...

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-03-24, 4:33am
boro color bender

I'm on day two of implosions for my preshow hustle... I hope i can stay focused on them all day... I made some really nice ones in my evening session... I guess technically this is day 1.5, because I didn't put in a full day on them yesterday. Some times I am less than honest with myself about how long I have actually concentrated on one task... saying I'm on day two sounds like I've accomplished much more than the 3 actual hours i spent on them yesterday.

Old 2011-03-25, 2:08pm
sorcerer

Thanks Chris, I have sent you a PM.
Bernie

Old 2011-03-25, 11:02pm
sorcerer

And for those bug lovers out there here is a frosted weevil.
cheers, Bernie
Attached Images

Old 2011-03-25, 11:57pm
Bernhard Riegler

your weevil is fantastic - it looks so real - compliments