Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-05-09, 9:50am

Default metal cup

This might be a dumb question....Where can I buy a metal cup for water for use with lampwork? Thanks Becky
Old 2008-05-09, 11:07am

Becky,
Is this just to dip hot tools into and cool? If so, I just use an old cermanic coffee mug...keep it next to my torch and dip tools as needed....hope this helps....this means more money for glass...hehehe...MIKE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#S140 IN THE GROVE GLASSWORK

JOHN 3:16
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-05-09, 12:40pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I purchased some large metal measuring cups at Target. I use the 2 cup size as my water bucket.

You could also use something like a cleaned out metal soup or vegetable can. Those are free!

Old 2008-05-09, 12:46pm
I'm a lilac!

Soup cans do have to be replaced every once in a while, because they corrode through... otherwisee they're great!

I got some small metal dog bowls cheap on Amazon that I use for some things, too, but they're not very deep.

Old 2008-05-09, 1:23pm
Cancer SUCKS!

I use a small glass bud bowl from Goodwill.

Old 2008-05-09, 3:05pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I've seen metal "cups" at Bed, Bath & Beyond. They are the bottom
half of a toothbrush holder.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-05-09, 3:29pm
Knob Creek Glass

I have a medium size, 6" diameter heavy cut crystal bowl, from Marshall's or TJ Maxx. I love it!!!
Old 2008-05-09, 3:32pm
I'm a lilac!

It occurred to me that I've seen stainless steel mugs in the camping section of GI Joes, and for that matter, I bet those enameled ones would work like a charm too, and they're cheap!

Old 2008-05-09, 4:09pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
It occurred to me that I've seen stainless steel mugs in the camping section of GI Joes, and for that matter, I bet those enameled ones would work like a charm too, and they're cheap!
oooh - that's the ticket, they have the blue ones that are speckled with
white drops. REI has them and probably any other camping store.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-05-09, 4:11pm
No Problem!

I just use a wide mouth 1 quart glass canning jar.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-05-10, 4:48am

Yes it is for cooling tools....Thanks everyone for your suggestions....I was wondering if a soup can or such would work.

Thanks again! Becky
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-05-11, 11:44am

Pyrex measuring cup works great too--sometimes you can find chipped ones @ yardsales for a quarter!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-05-11, 12:00pm
Borovangelist

I recycled a glass pickle jar for my crack off jar. The bigger stuff goes into a metal bucket I got cheap at The Christmas Tree Shop. I throw stuff in there dry though, so it kind of needed to be metal.

|
|