LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-08-27, 6:36pm

Lightbulb Need Tut For Perfume Bottles

I want to ry and make some of those small perfume bottles for Christmas presents. Anyone know of one?....thankss MIKE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#S140 IN THE GROVE GLASSWORK

JOHN 3:16
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-27, 8:41pm
Mad about Glass

Me too..please!!!! Jenn

[url]

Old 2008-08-27, 9:26pm

That would be awsome

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2008-08-28, 6:28am
Borovangelist

There's a pretty cool demo in the Susan Fowler video. Smartflix has it if you want to check it out.

|
|
Old 2008-08-28, 6:32am
Resident hippie

Smartflix comes up with nothing for 'Susan Fowler' Menty. . .Not that I'd be able to rent it anyhow being too far away.

Anna

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2008-08-28, 6:40am
Borovangelist

My bad, Suellen Fowler: http://smartflix.com/store/video/171...n-Intimate-Art

And yeah.....I don't know that they'd ship to Ireland.

Sorry!

What kind of glass were you looking to use?

|
|
Old 2008-08-28, 10:35am

I agree, Sue Ellen Fowler has the greatest vessel tutorial. She IS the guru of vessels, in my book. Well worth buying.

Here is a vessel I made after learning her techniques.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rose; 2008-08-28 at 10:43am.
Old 2008-08-28, 11:51am
Mary Lockwood

Dang, Rose, that is stunning.

Old 2008-08-28, 12:16pm
Borovangelist

yeah, that's gorgeous!!

|
|
Old 2008-08-28, 12:40pm

Oh Sue Fowler is my Idol! I love her work... That is a beautiful vase Rose!! Love the colors too!
Old 2008-08-28, 1:02pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Amy Trescott did a demo of one on a That's Clever show on HGTV I think she has a link on her sight http://amytrescott.com/aboutfgb.html#whatsnew

Jenny

Old 2008-08-29, 9:10am
Resident hippie

Rose that is beautiful.

Anna

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2008-08-30, 3:03pm
just plain silly

Oooh Rose, that is gorgeous!!!!!

Mike, Heidi had a tutorial in Jewelry Artist magazine... hope she doesn't mind if I provide the link. http://www.jewelryartistmagazine.com...entedglass.cfm

Suzanne
Old 2008-09-03, 1:08pm
Fire Diva

Rose..wow! that is a beautiful perfume bottle!!!

Old 2008-09-03, 1:34pm

Gorgeous perfume bottle Rose. Are those in a book or just a video?

Debbie
Old 2008-09-03, 1:55pm

Wow, thank you everyone for the compliments!

These bottles are NOT easy to learn. I spent literally months teaching myself from that video. It IS a video, btw. But I wanted SO BAD to learn how to make them. My torch really held me back but I pressed on in spite of it. I learned so much about working boro, colors and on and on. I would love to take classes but can't afford them. I stopped making them because the bases were falling off. Obviously I wasn't getting a good seal so I'd like to go back and work on better bases. I've always loved little colorful bottles!

That tutorial someone posted a few posts back is a great one, especially for soft glass, but equally for boro also. The way Suellen teaches is to use tubing, but what I liked was that we didn't have to pull points, although it would do me good to learn!

So I encourage everyone to try vessels

Old 2008-09-03, 2:37pm

I make them. I used the tutorial at arrowsprings for making solid core vessels. I like making them because I can vary the shape and the size of the opening. I have some for sale on my Etsy site if you want to take a peak.