Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-07-03, 7:21am
one day at a time

I just talked to someone in PM about an incident they had with her, and I have changed my mind. I wasn't aware of that particular incident. Just the very slow shipping of frit she sold on her website, lost shipments, very slow communications, chargebacks, etc.

This subject has exhausted me. I'm going to go take a nap and then get up nice and refreshed to start my beadmaking marathon.
Old 2013-07-03, 7:22am
Formerly FishBulb

Etsy's feedback system doesn't always tell the whole story. Bad feedback can be removed with their "Kiss and Make Up" policy.

I am sorry to hear this issue arise again. She has lovely items and tutorials, but this sort of business ethic makes me shake my head.

If I went into a store, I wouldn't stand in there for days, yelling for someone to come serve me. Likewise I wouldn't go into the owner's house, church, whatever, to find them. If the store is open, make sure you're doing your business.

A few days of delay for whatever reason tends to happen every now and again to most people, but this is getting to be a common story.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2013-07-03, 8:12am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisi View Post
I understand what you are saying and to an extent, that is true. But you don't chalk up an experience to be a bad one which is deserving of a negative after just 10 days.
10 days on items that are emailed is very different from ones requiring shipping - especially when communication completely ceases suddenly.

Glad you learned some information that changed your mind. Others have similar experience ...

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-07-03, 9:00am
Storm Queen

I really hate it when you bring up that pack mentality crap Lisi. Go back and read how this thread evolved. Squid made a very general comment and you jumped all over her. People stepped in and said there had been issues with Chrissy but you refused to believe there could be and continued jumping all over everyone. Then you hear one story and change your mind? Why couldn't you just believe what you had been told?

Communicating with your customer isn't that difficult. It's really the easiest part of running a business. A customer should only have to wait a few days for a response and that would only be over a weekend.

Old 2013-07-03, 9:04am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisi View Post

Has this buyer tried to contact her through Facebook?? I doubt it.
Why in the world should a customer hunt all over to communicate with a seller anyway? That's what the convo system on Etsy is for. You purchase on Etsy and you communicate on Etsy. That way if there is a problem, you have a record of all communication for the Etsy admins to see.

Old 2013-07-03, 9:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I really hate it when you bring up that pack mentality crap Lisi. Go back and read how this thread evolved. Squid made a very general comment and you jumped all over her. People stepped in and said there had been issues with Chrissy but you refused to believe there could be and continued jumping all over everyone. Then you hear one story and change your mind? Why couldn't you just believe what you had been told?
That one story Lisi is talking about is what Christina did to me, it's a pretty dramatic one, that's what changed Lisi's mind about the way Christina does business.

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2013-07-03, 10:18am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbeads View Post
That one story Lisi is talking about is what Christina did to me, it's a pretty dramatic one, that's what changed Lisi's mind about the way Christina does business.

-Donna
I saw convos from someone else that had a bad experience. It wasn't pretty. Feedback is not the only indicator of how someone runs their business. In fact it may not show the true story at all.

Old 2013-07-03, 11:18am
Loving learning

How do you see convos on Etsy? I don't even really understand the feedback, especially the ones from shop about customers. I see 2 negatives there from today, but since you can't tell who they were about, why even do that?
Old 2013-07-03, 11:23am

Feedback is surely about a customers experience about a particular purchase and should not be related or influenced in any way by what other people's experience has been.

I don't see what relevance 1000 other people having a good experience is if your experience hasn't been great? Surely that's the whole point of feedback - it's honest about each transaction?
Old 2013-07-03, 11:26am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
How do you see convos on Etsy? I don't even really understand the feedback, especially the ones from shop about customers. I see 2 negatives there from today, but since you can't tell who they were about, why even do that?
I saw the convos because someone copy and pasted them to me because she was pissed off and needed to vent.

The feedback system on Etsy is flawed. They are supposedly working on improving it.

Old 2013-07-03, 11:26am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Gosh, it's like I knew what I posted was true or something. Go fucking figure.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2013-07-03, 11:11pm
Naysayer

I'm sorry to all but ^that made me laugh and there is no like button
Old 2013-07-04, 9:03am
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwynd View Post
Feedback is surely about a customers experience about a particular purchase and should not be related or influenced in any way by what other people's experience has been.

I don't see what relevance 1000 other people having a good experience is if your experience hasn't been great? Surely that's the whole point of feedback - it's honest about each transaction?
That's exactly right.

Old 2013-07-04, 9:38am
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Thanks for the entertainment, and be sure to wipe the egg off your face when you're done eating your convictions. Lol.

Dianne, i hope you get resolution quickly. I think sometimes negative feedback is helpful in getting an otherwise apathetic seller to respond.

Old 2013-07-04, 3:03pm

Dianne, I also hope that things will work out for you!

BTW: my English is not AS bad... But others did give you much better hints!

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2013-07-04, 7:01pm
Dianne Gleaton

Default Resolution

Yes, all is resolved with Chrissie. The entire experience soured my taste for her business, and I will not be spending $$$$ there again. There are too many great business's thru LE that I have dealt with and have had such great service from, as when I lost some Tuts from a computer crash and they gladly resent them to me in a very TIMELY manner. I do regret having brought this up here though, I never meant to start a mini war, being fairly new to this forum I did not know what would occur. I still feel that 10 days to receive a digital file was excessive though as others have also stated. Communication with potential long term customers is what creates satisfied customers, who will come back and buy your next product as some of you vendors know I have done. So let this be the end to this discussion, all is well in the end, I got my tut, and my refund. Lessons are learned daily, no matter how old we are. Dianne
Old 2013-07-04, 8:28pm
Gay rights R human rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
If you purchase from someone on Etsy, you should not have to chase them to Facebook or LE, or any other place, to communicate. It is the seller's responsibility to run an efficient business, for the benefit of themselves and the customer. This is true for Chrissy, and anyone else.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2013-07-05, 3:05am
Slogan Challenged...

It's good that it has been resolved, Diane. Sorry you had that experience!

Facebook:

Etsy: