Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-07-27, 8:39am

Default Frustration with green tea # 591680

Uggh! I love this color, I really do but no matter where I put it in the flame it develops that smudgy-livery haze. I can't seem to avoid it.

Any suggestions of a different way to work this glass?

Thanks in advance

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-07-27, 9:13am
Dianne Gleaton

Ironic, I just made about 15 beads with it yesterday. You have to work it cooler, if too hot, it turns reddish or smooty. Mine turned out fine without discoloration, try turning your flame down some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demcc2 View Post
Uggh! I love this color, I really do but no matter where I put it in the flame it develops that smudgy-livery haze. I can't seem to avoid it.

Any suggestions of a different way to work this glass?

Thanks in advance

Duane
Old 2014-07-27, 10:08am

I was going to suggest that, too. I've not used it, but usually that happens because the flame is too hot or your (accidentally, of course ) working too far down in the flame.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2014-07-27, 11:19am
File not found

I found that it works pretty well with an oxy rich flame - too much fuel and you get reduced areas or a dull look. It is one of my favorite semi-neutral colors

Old 2014-07-27, 1:13pm
Angie09

There was a post here recently that said to make a large ball at the end of the rod, then cut it in half, let it fall back on itself and do it again, and the colors will be brighter and more mixed. Just sayinnnnn
Old 2014-07-30, 6:20pm

When I get the red muddy tones I reheat it in an oxidizing flame and it burns off. Just make sure all your red mud is gone before popping the piece in the kiln.