LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-03-21, 7:02am
Senior Member | Jenelle

Default lampwork tutorials dOt com

just a note for tutorials authors and tutorial addicts ( i am both!) - there is a new site called lampworktutorials.com that is very handy. It is authored by Lina Khan, a lampwork artist who's work I admire, and she has done a great job with this site! The site is brand new, only a few days old, but it's functionality is great and it is one to keep an eye on. If you write tutorials I highly encourage you to add your information to the Lampwork Tutorials directory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Old 2009-03-21, 11:21am

Thank you for the link!
Old 2009-03-21, 11:32am
Senior Member | Jenelle

=) No problem Teena - by the way I just took a peek at your etsy shop and those strawberries look delicious!! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21701449

|
|
|
|

Old 2009-03-21, 11:41am

Thanks for the link! That's awesome!
Old 2009-03-21, 12:08pm

Thanks for the link!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-03-21, 12:28pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I bookmarked it! Thank you!

Jenny

Old 2009-03-21, 12:34pm
Super Duper

As far as I can tell, the website does not work with firefox as some of the buttons are not visible.
Old 2009-03-21, 1:30pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

=) hmmm not sure about that.. I use Firefox and it all seems fine, may want to email Lina with the specifics just in case...

|
|
|
|

Old 2009-03-21, 1:33pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

ps wow Paula- I can't believe I have never been to your web shop before! looks like you have a great selection, especially appreciate the Reichenbach, will have to do some shopping =)

|
|
|
|

Old 2009-03-21, 1:39pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Cool Kimberly! I would love to see your tutorials listed on the site ♥ Jenny I added your etsy shop to my favs, that little kitty necklace for Blythe is really precious http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=22337631

|
|
|
|

Old 2009-03-21, 2:45pm
I speak Murrini!

This looks pretty nifty! I think I'd like to add a link to my Hot Head Reduction Tutorial - what 'cha think? I'm thinking this site is going to get big, fast! I know I'm gonna bookmark it...

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-03-21, 3:01pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Sounds awesome De =) ♥

|
|
|
|

Old 2009-03-21, 7:08pm

awesome link! thanks for sharing!

Old 2009-03-21, 10:01pm

Thank you for posting about this site!
Old 2009-03-22, 11:03am

That is a nice link,
thanks,
Sandra
Old 2009-03-22, 12:21pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheNumberImp View Post
As far as I can tell, the website does not work with firefox as some of the buttons are not visible.
The buttons on the top aren't separated evenly...is that what you're seeing?

Old 2009-03-22, 1:22pm
Super Duper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
The buttons on the top aren't separated evenly...is that what you're seeing?
Here is a comparison, firefox 3.0.7 and internet explorer 8.

I was actually really, really confused as to how I was supposed to log in/register on my first visit.

Old 2009-03-22, 2:10pm
I speak Murrini!

(EDITED as impertinent)

I also didn't see a way that I could "review" my tutorial submission BEFORE submitting it, and it has a dumb looking thumbnail for the moment, another thing I think I can fix once I regain access.

Ryan, since you seem pretty savvy at this, did you review your request to add a tutorial before it was confirmed as submitted? Also, where are you prompted to add your thumbnail photo?

I have just heard from the admin.; I believe they are going to have to delete me entirely so I can start over...I'm hoping to get some guidance from you all before I go and flub it up all over again!

De

Last edited by theglasszone; 2009-03-22 at 3:31pm.
Old 2009-03-22, 2:30pm
Super Duper

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglasszone View Post
I also didn't see a way that I could "review" my tutorial submission BEFORE submitting it, and it has a dumb looking thumbnail for the moment, another thing I think I can fix once I regain access.

Ryan, since you seem pretty savvy at this, did you review your request to add a tutorial before it was confirmed as submitted? Also, where are you prompted to add your thumbnail photo?
There is no way to double check your submission before it is submitted, but after it has been accepted when you are logged in there should be a "review" button by your tutorial that will let you make changes (It is confusing, some of the "review" buttons let you submit a review of the tutorial while others let you change your submission).

You will be able to add a thumbnail photo when submitting the tutorial or can add one later by reviewing your submission.

I can add some photos later but I don't have my password on this computer.
Old 2009-03-22, 2:51pm
I speak Murrini!

Thanks so much Ryan! The Administrator and I have agreed that my "burps and hick-ups" are sufficiently complex and convoluted (I sometimes wonder if I'm jinxed!!!) and I am going to be removed and register and resubmit my tut.

With that in mind, I wonder if it wouldn't be better for me to submit the tutorial as a PDF file instead. This might make it easier for me - and keep it from necessarily linking to the LE site. What do you think? Is there an easy way to attach it as a PDF? I don't know much about such things, but have considered adding it as a PDF to a "Tutorials" category on my site. Now is probably a great time to figure that out...

Thanks for the assistance!
De

Old 2009-03-22, 3:04pm
Storm Queen

That is odd Ryan. I'm on Firefox and I can see the log in and search box.

Old 2009-03-22, 6:05pm

This looks like it will be a nice site. I can't figure out how to register to be a member. There's lots of places that say to do it but I don't see a link anywhere. BTW I'm using Firefox too and I don't see the login and search box either. Are there any other links or just the one that I don't have on the top right?

Thanks!

-Carol

Edited - I found a way around it. I clicked on Submit to submit a tutorial and it gave me a box to register there. Now I'll have to do a tutorial on something... *smile*

Last edited by Tancaro; 2009-03-22 at 6:07pm.
Old 2009-03-25, 7:27pm
Semi Retired

Cool site. Just registers. Congratulations to Kandice, your tutorial is the tutorial of the day.

|

|

|

|

Old 2010-03-31, 7:22am
ILERNTITBYWATCHINU

i just found this site. http://lampworktutorials.com/ i was gonna share it and then i realized it was already here. for those of you that don't have this saved on your favorites, you should.

Old 2010-04-01, 10:02am

Great site! Thanks for posting.