LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-01-16, 5:22pm

Deb, I tried to add some R104 Iris Orange "Raku" and got a runtime error. I took the quotes off raku in the table, and now it works fine. I don't think it likes the quote marks in that field.
Old 2011-01-16, 5:55pm
Unmedicated since '62

no databases like quotes or []'/\ probably some other i cant think of right now - what they do is indicate breaks in the data so what happens is they screw with the macros

stick to plain numbers and letters, i even avoid commas if possible

the only way you can use those kinds of characters is to create memo fields i think - the only memo field is the torch notes but even then i'd avoid using them, you never know what they are going to affect

ETA - and whoops, yes i missed the quote marks in the raku when i was cleaning the data

you know this database only took me about a week to create, what took the most time was "cleaning" the data, it was incredible how many blank spaces, spelling errors, invalid characters, and inconsistancies i found in the tables i recieved from the manufactures!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2011-01-16 at 5:58pm.
Old 2011-01-16, 6:01pm
Unmedicated since '62

there is another one record 970 GG Glass Iris Gold Select Reduction - you'll need to fix that one too

Old 2011-01-19, 5:41pm

Default Cash for stash?

I LOVE Stashmaster.
Thank you Deb for that enormous amount of work.

I have appreciated you with a gift voucher to your account at Affordable Inspiration

www.affordableinspiration.com.au

I hope other members who have found this resource as valuable as I did would like to appreciate Deb in a similar manner. I know she is hoping to get herself an Oxycon. I think she deserves it!

KMD
Old 2011-01-19, 5:48pm
Unmedicated since '62

thanks, thats really nice

when my brain is not fogged by drugs i'll put the finishing touches to the 1.3 version and load it up

Old 2011-01-20, 1:55am

Default Help

Hi Deb,
Thanks so much for all your effort, once I work out a few more things I will be even more excited.
I am having a couple of problems as I am not very good on the computer. I made it to the stage where I have my glass names on an excel spread sheet but can not work out how to print them and also once I have added a new glass to the stash list is there any chance of deleting it as I have made a few mistakes?
Thanks again for such a great job
Jo
Old 2011-01-20, 2:29am
Unmedicated since '62

delete question first - that will be in version 1.3, silly thing for me to leave out i know - sorry

now, to printing the labels - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212034

this is the link to how to print labels via mail merge in word - when prompted, you use the spreadsheet you've created from stashmaster as your data source

with the read me for version 1.3 i'll include a full detailed explanation of how to print labels via mail merge in word but for now the above link is pretty thorough

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2011-01-20 at 2:31am.
Old 2011-01-20, 2:42am

Thanks Deb
Jo
Old 2011-01-20, 4:57am
Unmedicated since '62

happy to help

Old 2011-02-01, 3:01pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Hi Deb,

this is a wonderful tool, but......I don't have access 2010. I have a new computer and when I downloaded the program it ran in a trial version. I loved this as a new glass worker. Now trial has ended.
Can this run any other way? Please pardon my technoignoramism.
Namaste
Rowyn
Old 2011-02-01, 3:33pm
Unmedicated since '62

hi Rowyn - welcome!!

go back to the first page and download the readme file - there is a link there to the runtime version of Access so you can use the program

have fun - message me if you have any issues

Old 2011-02-01, 5:01pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Thanks Deb, I tried that and it keeps going to the original one I created and I get the same message, that the trial has ended. I tried saving it to different places but it doesn't matter. I am going to try to delete it and start over but if you have any suggestions please help.
I appreciate your taking the time to help everyone do this, it really is a great program and I loved it when I was able to use it.

namaste
Rowyn
Old 2011-02-01, 5:08pm
Unmedicated since '62

you need to go in and either upgrade to the full version or completely uninstall it (if its expired that would be best anyway)

then download the runtime version if necessary again

tell me how you go

Old 2011-02-01, 6:11pm
Triumphantly Knit!

The full version is over a hundred dollars, way out of my budget for a program I don't know how to use for anything else. I've uninstalled it, it doesn't show in control panel, but it is in the quick start menu, windows 7. Even when I opened the runtime version it says trial expired. I am thinking it's just not going to work. Oh well, it's a great program and you are so generous and kind hearted to present it and help us.
If you have any other suggestions I'm willing to try. I may try it on my old vista computer...
Angels on your pillow
Namaste
Rowyn
Old 2011-02-01, 6:18pm
Unmedicated since '62

putting it on your old computer should work - but i'll try and find a fix for you anyway

Old 2011-02-01, 7:01pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

How's progress on version 1.3 going?
PJ
Old 2011-02-01, 10:01pm
Unmedicated since '62

testing testing - i want to make sure there are no more bugs

Old 2011-02-03, 5:23pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Oh Deb! installation keeps failing on my green computer. it runs vista

I emptied the recycle bin and restarted on this on and it still gives me the expirey message, this one runs wind 7.

any other suggestions?
thanks
Namaste
Rowyn
Old 2011-02-03, 5:24pm
Triumphantly Knit!

It the runtime from microsoft that fails
Old 2011-02-03, 6:13pm
Unmedicated since '62

how did you uninstall the access trial version?

check this link

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...101972584.aspx

Old 2011-02-03, 6:44pm
Triumphantly Knit!

I didn't remove office cause I don't want to lose what files I do have. I have the student version, access isn't included in that so it was just the trial of the professional version which included access.

To remove access I went thru control panel, uninstall, empty recycle bin, restart and try again, and again.

If I have the clear thoughtedness to save my files on a flash drive, I'll do that and then remove the whole thing.
I do appreciate the time you put into trying to make this work for me.
Old 2011-02-03, 8:17pm
Triumphantly Knit!

I didn't go to bed. I tried something else....and it worked!!!! Succes on the vista! now tomorrow I'll work on the other one.
sorry to post so much, actually I can delete those, ok, I'll delete all the issues I had and just let you know it's open on the green puter!

Angels on you pillow
Namaste
Rowyn
Old 2011-02-03, 8:20pm
Unmedicated since '62

yay!

dont delete your posts, it helps other people with the same issues

Old 2011-02-04, 10:58am
Triumphantly Knit!

I already had deleted it. It was that I kept getting error messages, then a little black box asking if I wanted to replace the file, I just kept restarting my computer and starting again.
I really would like to have it on my new computer, though. The vista machine is slow and crashes alot. I actually like it better than this new one. I'm about to see if I can get another machine from them, this one has issues like it wouldn't connect online last night...
I spent about an hour entering rods into stashmaster. My one recurring thought.....now I need a scanner!!! I want to catalogue my glass, esp. being new, it will help to have notes about what the glass does, etc, and know what I have and liked more than others. But I kept thinking I want to light my torch not sit here and type. typical me, I finally get the program working and now I want to be somewhere else(on my torch). Ahhhhh, where are my 2 feet? lol
Thanks immensly Deb,
Now, back to adding to my list!
Namaste
Rowyn

Last edited by 2tumblingdragonz; 2011-02-04 at 11:00am. Reason: typo~changed meaning of word
Old 2011-02-04, 1:30pm
Always Improving

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJJames View Post
Deb, I have MS Access 2007. Do you know if anyone is running Access 2010 Runtime & Access 2007 on the same machine without a problem? I know previous versions have had issues so I thought I would ask since I know you did some testing.

Thanks
I do run both on several machines with no issues.
Old 2011-02-04, 3:19pm
Triumphantly Knit!

I tried to do it with runtime 2007 but I get an incompatability error. I'm gonna remove office 2010 and start over and see what happens. I just got home, so it will be a while later after dinner when i get to it.
At least I got it to work on my old puter!
Namaste
Rowyn
Old 2011-02-04, 3:45pm
Unmedicated since '62

i would expect that - it has to be runtime 2010 because it wont work on full Access 2007 either

Old 2011-02-04, 7:01pm
Karen James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Ryder View Post
I do run both on several machines with no issues.
Are you sure it is Access 2007 and not Office 2007? I could not get it to work with Access 2007 on Win7 or Vista. I contacted Microsoft support and they said that you could not run Runtime 2010 with Access 2007. They did provide me with a link to purchase Access 2010 so I think the idea is to have users upgrade.

What I had to do was load Runtime on DH's machine that does not have Access on it. I then put StashMaster in a public folder on his machine so I can open it up from my PC or netbook over our home network. Works without problem that way.

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2011-02-05, 5:18pm
><>

Yay for making this a sticky
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2011-02-05, 5:58pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Hey Deb! I have spent 2 days loading glass in, I am so grateful for this tool.
I am finding that it won't let me add certain names. FI: effetre 680 green tea. I add a new colour and then when I click on add to my stash I get effetre, green tea, and then the number for northstar and northstar in the field of manufacturer, borosillicate, etc. I had that problem last night with another colour and I just ended up changing the name.
Is there a way to fix this????
Thanks,
Namaste
Rowyn