No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-06-11, 3:18pm
where is that UPS man?

Default seed bead storage solutions

Okay guys I am amazing a large amOunt Of CB and I'm lOOking fOr sOme kind Of stOrage sOlutiOn sO I dOn't pre Ordered like the same seed beads right nOw I just have One big huge Tupperware cOntainers any ideas I would love

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-06-12, 4:22am

Well sample bottles seam the logical option.
Lab and chemical supply shops often have useful items for storing findings and components.
If they work for frit they should work for beads.

Old 2014-06-12, 11:09am
HotFlash Designs

suzy has some little plastic jars for sale here in the garage sale. If she runs out, you can order them elsewhere. Thats what I'd use.

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2014-06-12, 11:43am
N2Beadz

Check out this pic I posted in this thread. Post #10. Keep in mind, this pic is older and this stash has grown even more. This system is still what works for me.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d+bead+storage

Most of my stash is stored by color. As I added more I started keeping a few collections separate like triangles, sqares, hex, chips, etc. Hopefully you get the idea.

Old 2014-06-12, 1:01pm

I use small stackable storage containers. My partner shipped a big box of them from China, but they are available in the US and Europe too. They are sitting in a custom made frame in my window. I love the colors of it when the sun shines on them.

Old 2014-06-12, 1:33pm
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaterwunky View Post
Okay guys I am amazing a large amOunt Of CB and I'm lOOking fOr sOme kind Of stOrage sOlutiOn

Type in storage into the search box in this forum and you will get over 300 results. Sometimes I grab a snack and a cool drink( hot in winter) and just search for hours getting wonderful information from LE. Most everything has already been discussed in depth, you just have to search the forums and dig around.

Here is a tip I shared for people that do not have a lot of $$ or a lot of space.

I have at least 5 of these hanging in my closet and I love how much they store and they are see through
. If you can't keep the beads in the original container you can use baggies from Joann fabrics, Michaels etc.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...hlight=storage
Old 2014-06-12, 2:25pm
N2Beadz

Agreed, a search on LE always pulls great ideas from recent threads and even the dated ones that still hold lots of valuable info.

Google pic search is a good one as well...
https://www.google.com/search?q=seed...iw=960&bih=474

Then there's the Pinterest search as well...
http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins...bead%20storage

Geez, now I'll be drooling through pics for awhile.

Oh, all the bowls in my pic were from the local thrift stores. Not the best space saver I guess but I love the natural light while picking beads for a project.

Old 2014-06-12, 3:47pm
Salt Box Beads

Donia, my great grandmothers name was La Donia Williams from Sabine Parrish Louisiana. I loved her name! She always went by her nickname though: Dona with a long O. She pronounced her name La DOAN yah. I don't know why I got Lorraine. I would have loved Great Grandma's name! Nobody named Lorraine in the family.

I have beads set up like you do too except my room looks so much more messy than yours. I also like the little round containers for all of the vintage jewelry parts I glean from flea market and thrift store buys etc. I think being able to see everything easily has really helped me.

Did you ever buy any of the closet jewelry bags?? After I shared that tip I couldn't find any more at Ross...LOL
Attached Images

Old 2014-06-12, 4:24pm
JennyD

I have TONS of seed beads.

I store them in these things:

Sorry about the bad photo, its from 2011. I have about 5 times that amount now and they are all in these things

http://www.dragonflybeads.biz/cart.p...ategory_id=306

I store them in one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271512106716?lpid=82

and a few of these

http://www.colorfulimpressions.net/s...ganizer/Detail

I organize them by brand and item number for example:

Most of my collection is Miyuki Delica beads
So they are stored in one container

DB# 1 through ##...it helps that I have the BeadTool4 program, whenever I order new beads I add them to my inventory list on there so I know what not to reorder.

My larger seed beads are stored in Size and Color order in storage bins(the cubby kind) (I need a better system for these)

...I'd rather be beading!

Old 2014-06-12, 5:36pm
N2Beadz

Oh, I so need to post some updated pics. I still have 2 1/2 more walls of stash. The seed bead area being the least of the stash since the windows take so much space.

I absolutely love the pics Floorkasp posted. I'd do that in a heart beat except for the fact my two windows are in the front of the house. That would block my view of anything going on in the neighborhood that doesn't need to be going on.

Lorraine, I was named after my grandmother on my mother's side of the family. I've always enjoyed having a first name that was different and had never came across anyone having the same name until I went to the DMV to get personalized tags years ago when Virginia first started offering them. Found out someone with the same name already grabbed it and they lived in the same city as well. Come to find out a lady my grandmother worked with loved her dearly and her name so much that she gave it to her daughter. Small world when it really comes down to it I guess. Oh, yes I did pick up a few of those behind the door storage holders you posted. My mom ended up with all of them since her walk in closet needed some reorganizing more than anything I had going on.

Old 2014-06-16, 5:58am
where is that UPS man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorkasp View Post
i use small stackable storage containers. My partner shipped a big box of them from china, but they are available in the us and europe too. They are sitting in a custom made frame in my window. I love the colors of it when the sun shines on them.

omg i thought i had alot? Great idea

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2014-06-16, 6:02am
where is that UPS man?

WoW thanks for all the great pics and info and I'm jealous of some of you. I really appreciate it thank you guys so much and have a wonderful week.

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO

Old 2014-06-16, 10:33am
Dazed and Confused

I use tackle boxes and baggies for mine.

I have three (soon to be 4) Akro-Mils organizers

and within them, I use small baggies. I bought mine in bulk from Uline - but Amazon also sells them

I normally buy my seed beads from craft fairs - where the kind I like normally come in hanks - so they need to be bagged up before the threads work loose and you have a gazillion 15/0s under the sofa cushions
Old 2014-06-16, 12:06pm

I actually used the containers for both seed beads and crystals. Mostly Chinese and Czech.
However, I am going to need many many more.
I travelled to Japan, and within walking distance from our hostel was the Miyuki factory store. They had over 200 jars of miyuki 15 rocailles. And.....I bought a little baggie of all of them! And then I also got 200 small vials of delicas. There's no way this is going to fit in the window. Luxury problems, I know....
Old 2014-06-18, 11:53am
JennyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorkasp View Post
I actually used the containers for both seed beads and crystals. Mostly Chinese and Czech.
However, I am going to need many many more.
I travelled to Japan, and within walking distance from our hostel was the Miyuki factory store. They had over 200 jars of miyuki 15 rocailles. And.....I bought a little baggie of all of them! And then I also got 200 small vials of delicas. There's no way this is going to fit in the window. Luxury problems, I know....
I ENVY you!! lol jk....but really, I've been wanting to go there forever! lol

...I'd rather be beading!