No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-06-07, 1:25pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

Default Free Glass Giveaway

Hi all! I'm having a contest with not one or two, but 3 grand prizes!! With 3 prizes I'm going to run this as 3 contests in 3 forum areas.
The tips section contest prize is 1# of mixed, unlabeled glass plus 1# of shorts. This will include at least some silver glass & dicro. This is free, I'll cover shipping to the US or Canada. I'll ship international but might need a little help with shipping costs.(Depends on final shipping cost)
How do you enter? It's easy!
1) be a member of LE. (You'll have to be a member to comment on this post, so that shouldn't be a problem)
2) explore all that LE has to offer.
Check out the gallery http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
Read the huge section of free tips http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29
Peruse the tutorials. There is a whole section if free ones to read. http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Spend time here reading and learning. The knowledge gathered here is astounding. And it's not limited to just lampwork!
3) head back to this thread and post something you've learned, discovered, or maybe you've posted your own creation to the gallery.

You can enter all three contests, one entry per contest per person, and your entry must be different things in each contest.

That's it. Entries will be accepted through Saturday July 4th. Midnight Hawaiian time. (I think that's as far west as our membership goes)
The winner will be selected by random draw on Sunday July 5th.
Questions? Ask! Rules subject to clarification.

ALSO: Either make sure your address is up to date in the RAOGK or check back Monday July 6th. I'll be sending out PMs to the winners to get their addresses!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FB friends
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2DogsPhoto; 2015-06-13 at 9:22pm. Reason: I'm going to need addresses!
Old 2015-06-07, 4:21pm
Phill

I will point out that we do have members in Australia but I think that because they will already be in the next day that would make Hawaii the farthest west on the same day.

Any hoo, it is really cool of you to do this.
Old 2015-06-07, 5:07pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

Yeah, I thought about that, but I do think Australia is so far west that it's east and this is not limited to new members... Or new lampworkers. All LE members are welcome to play!!

FB friends
Old 2015-06-09, 3:40am
StudioMarcy

I learned about tearing apart a paper punch to make a stamp. It's in the paw print thread.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2015-06-10, 9:11am

I couldn't begin to place a value on everything I have learned from this site!

I visit the Tips & Techniques, Garage Sale, and Gallery several times a day. The Tutorials section is wonderful as well. Some tips that I love: labeling rods with metallic paint pens is so smart; How to tumble-etch beads; the thread on secrets of Raku; all the safety tips; the Blue Bead; oh heck, pretty much everything… I would not be able to do this at all if it wasn't for the kindness and wisdom of everyone here! I thank you all

follow me on Instagram @tinkercreekcreations
Old 2015-06-10, 3:18pm
Phill

I just want to mention that I do not want to be considered in this giveaway you are so generously providing.

My cup run'th over in the amount of glass that I have at the moment and I know there are other folks that can benefit form your largess.
Old 2015-06-10, 5:17pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

Duly noted Phill, but would it change or mind any if I threw in a rod of glow in the dark?

And I'm thrilled to be getting some entries. I was getting a little scared there at first! I think this site is amazing and wonderful, but it's only that way because of the people here. I hope everyone will remember that and new people will come join us!!

FB friends
Old 2015-06-10, 5:41pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

I learned that on page 568 from 2005, there was a question about old versus new opal yellow- which kinda cracked me up. Seems that it is a color that has never been consistant. What is considered old for glass?

Pam
Old 2015-06-11, 8:57am
Phill

Ah, Heather you do know a mans weak spots don't you.
Old 2015-06-12, 3:46am

Just this week I've learned how to better adjust my torch and regulators for better fuel/oxygen efficiency.

Also to use a wet paper towel to hold silver leaf and keep it from blowing away.

Thank you Lampwork etc!!!!

Kristin
Old 2015-06-13, 3:45pm

It is nearly impossible to somehow select just some tips, authors, threads, ideas, etc. For me it is totally impossible because a huge portion of what I've learned in the few past months comes from this forum. I just can not rate more than 10 years of experience collected here, it is invaluable and unique in the web.

But I must say special thanks to "Secrets of Raku revealed" thread - though it was effetre multicolor in my case and not Raku, the very first bracelet I made for myself has all tips given in that thread and they all work
Old 2015-06-13, 5:57pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

I can't torch right now, it's been a couple of years actually but I love to look at the gallerys and always look for new tutorials. I love it when there are links to videos. I've learned how to make a shot glass! I would love to try it, but I'll be on a hothead when I can torch and I don't think I can do boro on it. lol
I would like to be in the contest.
Old 2015-06-13, 6:36pm
Christine

I learned that it will take years for me to excel at this. 😳
Old 2015-06-13, 7:17pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccaronn View Post
I learned that it will take years for me to excel at this. 😳
I know it feels that way! Keep at it, practice, practice, practice! One day you'll look at a bead and think 'oh my, it's actually right!'

FB friends
Old 2015-06-13, 7:45pm
Christine

LOL, I hope so. 👏
Old 2015-06-13, 9:22pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

ALSO: Either make sure your address is up to date in the RAOGK or check back Monday July 6th. I'll be sending out PMs to the winners to get their addresses!

FB friends
Old 2015-06-13, 10:48pm

I have learned soo much here it is impossible to list it all! I am still new to lampworking, so this site has been undeniably instrumental to my learning and addiction. I am on a few other forums, but this one has the most info and greatest people! I have read so much on dicro, but am still terrified to use the small amount that I have.

Last edited by MoonArchr; 2015-06-13 at 10:52pm.
Old 2015-06-15, 3:20pm

I have also been so lucky to learn how to encase a bead in clear without smudging all of my hardearned goodies underneath!!
Old 2015-06-15, 7:42pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I learned right here in the tips and techniques section how to use various methods to insure I get matching sized beads for pairs. Also learned how to make sure my fruit or sugar beads are evenly covered and don't have bald spots!

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2015-06-18, 11:08am

I've learned how to use certain silverglasses. Numerous other tips and tricks.
Old 2015-06-18, 1:35pm

I learned how to get hot pink with Clio!
Also, I learned to NEVER ask what a person's favorite clear is.
Bea
Old 2015-06-18, 3:50pm
**Fuzzy Logic**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrix92 View Post
Also, I learned to NEVER ask what a person's favorite clear is.
Bea
Totally!!

FB friends
Old 2015-06-18, 4:16pm

I love the giveaways! Do not enter me, but I want to say that from all of the wonderful things I have learned here, the best was that there were a lot of lampworkers in my area, they are generous, funny, great cooks, and wonderful people!. The Smoky Mountain Firecrackers grew from a thread in the Backyard section, and I am so blessed to have them as friends and enablers!
Old 2015-06-23, 12:40pm

I remember when the glass pallette of colors was way smaller and back then, I was able to keep up with all colors and their capabilities. Now there is no is no way to keep up with all the colors available to the soft glass artist and I am overwhelmed with the choices! My list of colors I haven't tried yet is too long and I have given up trying to keep up! I'm am grateful for the forum and learned that there is no way for me to try every color!

Old 2015-06-23, 4:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrix92 View Post
I learned that I am Cleo Hot Pink challenged.
Old 2015-06-24, 7:59pm

I've learned so much on this site! Tiger beads and wavey beads had success, implosions not so much. Can't wait to try the plaid tutorial I just read, had been wanting to try one so am grateful for instructions. I've also gleaned information for ventilation. I loved the stupid mistakes list also. I wish in the gallery people would list the name/color of glass they use.
Old 2015-06-24, 8:19pm

It's been oh so many years ago now, but I met a great group of ladies here who helped me when i started lampworking. The local boards are awesome!
Old 2015-06-28, 4:59pm

Great forum
Old 2015-06-28, 8:54pm
Judy Nelson

I'm learning so much here. Gt a ventilation fan finally
Old 2015-06-28, 9:30pm

There are too many wonderful things here, I keep reading! The most helpful was about ventilation systems, since I needed one. Thank you and thanks to all the wonderful people who have shared so much!