Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2014-05-24, 10:26pm

Default Julie Nordine in Minneapolis, June 28-29

I haven't seen this advertised, and I will be very, very sad if the class doesn't have enough people to run, so I'm doing my part to make sure that doesn't happen.

http://potekglass.com/course/262/lam...andrel_spinner

Lampworking for Big Kids on the Electric Mandrel Spinner with Julie Nordine

In this 2 day class, you will learn how to work bigger & more efficiently. Julie will start out by having you jumping in with both feet, shortening the learning curve of the ultimate beadmaking tool: the Electric Mandrel Spinner (EMS), which will be used throughout the class.

You’ll learn:

• shaping techniques for end of mandrel pendants
• earring pairs (2 on 1 mandrel)
• encasing & the pleating technique
• “chemical reactions”: working with silver glass, wire & foil
• big hole charm beads
• large hole rings & bud vases
• working your way up to extra large kaleidoscope beads
• finishing techniques for end of mandrel pendants/earrings, kaleidoscopes & utensils, as well as capping & coring big hole beads.
Old 2014-05-25, 8:10am

Ooooooo, I'm already signed up and can't wait! I actually received a grant from an arts council to take it!
Old 2014-06-09, 5:09pm
Julie Nordine

Thank you for posting this, Isaberg! I'm really looking forward this class & looking forward to having you in my class, Myssi! We're going to have a blast! There's so much to learn in just 2 days. My students have loved learning to use the Electric Mandrel Spinner... it's such a brilliant tool. You can definitely do the class & make the beads w/out it, but why not jump on the chance to learn about how this tool works first hand? There's definitely a learning curve, I'm able to cut that down for my students.

Here's my WEBSITE.... you can check out my work, see feedback on my CLASSES page, etc.

Here's a few more pictures of what we'll be doing...

..........................FINGERPRINTS ARE OVERRATED!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What have you done today to make yourself proud?
keep it positive...practice patience...believe in yourself...learn from your mistakes...be there for others