LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-08-12, 11:14am

Default What is the best time to list on etsy???

What is the best time of the day to list on Etsy?
Thanks,
Naomi
EBAY:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NAOMIS-handmade-...efaultDomain_0

Last edited by naom-s; 2010-08-12 at 12:26pm.
Old 2010-08-12, 5:38pm

???
Old 2010-08-12, 5:55pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Anytime you have something new to list.Keep in mind the time differences, especially since you are in another country.Where is your customer base? If it's in the U.S. you may need to list in the middle of the night!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-08-12, 6:10pm

I've found I sell more if I list around 6-7pm my time (Eastern time) during the week and Sat and Sunday morning for the weekend.

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2010-08-12, 6:26pm

Thank you Shiela and Donna.
Naomi
Old 2010-08-12, 9:28pm

I list whenever it fits into my schedule. Then I relist (or renew) sporadically throughout the day. I've given up trying to figure out a best time; I don't think there is one, really. I do, though, try to renew before I go to bed - I figure that catches the other time zones.

Old 2010-08-12, 10:15pm
one day at a time

I list around lunchtime during the week days, and then again at 6pm and 11pm. Sometimes in the middle of the night.
Old 2010-08-13, 6:17am
Powers Art Studio

I pretty much do the same as Paulina, list/renew throughout the day. It seems like more sales come when I list random times throughout the day then setting certain times to list. I think there is always someone looking at some point in the day so keeping a new listing makes it easier for them to find your shop.

Jason

Old 2010-08-13, 9:30am

Probably doesn't matter much. The busiest hours will also have more people listing, so your listing stays on top for a shorter period.
Old 2010-08-15, 9:03am

Question

When you guys say "renew", what does that mean? This coming from a totally green on line wanna-be seller.

I didn't understand Naomi's question of a "time" to list, but later when you mentioned "being on top" it clicked why the timing would have some criteria.

Old 2010-08-15, 9:25am
Powers Art Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
When you guys say "renew", what does that mean? This coming from a totally green on line wanna-be seller.
Renewing an item on Etsy is either the item is expired or still listed and you pay $.20 to relist the item. This will bring the item back to the top of the category when people search.

Jason