Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-05-25, 4:52pm

Default Claudia Trimbur-Pagel @ The Mandrel (So. California) Nov 2011

Hi All,

I am so excited!!! For the past 2 years I have been begging glass studios (you know who you are, LOL!) to host classes by Claudia Trimbur-Pagel and now she is coming to teach at The Mandrel in So. California 17-20 November 2011!!!

Donna (owner of The Mandrel) has not yet advertised Claudia's classes on her site, but I think it will be in the next few days now; so if you are like me and want to make sure you can get into Claudia's classes, you should call soon, LOL! [Needless to say, I have sent my deposit to Donna @ The Mandrel!!!]

Claudia's site is at:http://www.glasting.com/
The Mandrel is at:http://www.themandrel.com/

Although I am not the authority, I believe that 17-18 Nov will cover Claudia's bead styles (she 'does' story beads with people, animals and more...and I'm dying to see how she quadrants her beads with those amazing stringer designs) and 19-20 Nov will cover Claudia's unique style incorporating PMC with beads (she also brought us the first mini-tutorial on making feather murrini and painting low-fire gold patterns on beads).

I am waiting patiently... and thank you to Donna at The Mandrel and Rocio at Rocio Studios for giving the Western and Eastern US, respectively, a chance to learn from this gifted bead and silver artist!

Wooo whooo!!!!

I posted these photos of an example bead set Claudia made for me ~ 2 years ago in a post below, but they should be upfront!!!
Anne

Last edited by anneonline; 2011-08-05 at 12:55pm.
Old 2011-05-25, 8:06pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Thanks Anne! You make me smile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-05-26, 9:59pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Page is built for Claudia's class!

http://www.themandrel.com/index.php?...age=page&id=24

Old 2011-06-02, 6:22am

Default Claudia's class sold out in Florida - Next stop The Mandrel!

Yikes - that was fast - her bead design class in Florida is already sold out! I guess that's what happens for the first USA 2-stop only tour (East and West coasts).

At least I can quit begging the spouse to let me fly to France to take her class, LOL!!!

Any other LE "usual suspects" going to The Mandrel for Claudia's classes?

I can't wait to make feather murrini - her tutorial is great but I still want to see how she does it!!!
Old 2011-06-02, 12:39pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I'm glad you won't be going to France... I believe Claudia is from Germany!

The classes are filling up slowly but surely...

Old 2011-06-02, 1:00pm

OMG I love her work. You're so lucky Donna getting to meet all of these amazing artists and
seeing their beads in person.

Old 2011-06-02, 1:12pm
"Sinners have soul too"

It is an amazing experience, without The Mandrel I wouldn't have this opportunity.

Old 2011-06-02, 2:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
I'm glad you won't be going to France... I believe Claudia is from Germany!

The classes are filling up slowly but surely...
Yes Donna!
(1) My spouse agrees that a class at The Mandrel is far superior to sending me to France (and really it is not much fun to fly anymore);
(2) I believe that Claudia was born/raised in Germany but I know she has been living in France for the past 16+ years [can you tell I've been searching for a class with her for the past 2+ years and emailed her to encourage her to come over "the pond" to teach?] LOL!

Anne
Old 2011-06-02, 3:38pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oh! I don't pay much attention... even though I was told that I should know all about the instructors and their work...

Old 2011-06-02, 4:29pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
Oh! I don't pay much attention... even though I was told that I should know all about the instructors and their work...
Donna... You certainly can make me laugh! Personally, I don't care if you "pay much attention" as long as The Mandrel continues as a great studio and you are a happy proprietor!!!

Anne
Old 2011-07-21, 10:18am
"Sinners have soul too"

Bump!!

Old 2011-08-01, 9:51pm

Donna
Do you make beads in the second class or is that using the beads from the first class to set in PMC?

Do you still have space in the first class?
Thanks
Nohline
Old 2011-08-01, 10:03pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohline View Post
Donna
Do you make beads in the second class or is that using the beads from the first class to set in PMC?

Thanks
Nohline
I believe cabs (or maybe it is beads) are made on the first day of the PMC class then cold work and the PMC is done on the second.

The first class is full... when the question was posted I still a space or two left.

Last edited by zen-mom; 2011-08-05 at 3:06pm.
Old 2011-08-05, 12:48pm

Default Example Beads Miss Claudia Made for Me!

Mmmm!

Donna I can't wait!!!

Thank you sooo much for arranging this and hosting Claudia.

Claudia made me an "example set" 2 years ago to tide me over until I could get to one of her classes (I've been begging every studio and THE SPOUSE), LOL!
Attached Images

Old 2011-10-08, 9:45am

I'm pretty excited about Claudia's upcoming classes at the Mandrel ...

Days 1 and 2 are learning Claudia's awesome bead designs (I love bead art that tells a story and I am a murrini nut)

Day 3 is making beads and forms (cabochons??) suitable for putting into silver settings (including her butterfly wing design!) and

Day 4 is making those silver settings - I love her pendant forms (I'm still intimidated by the ring, lol)!

http://www.themandrel.com/index.php?...age=page&id=24
Old 2011-10-08, 9:57am
"Sinners have soul too"

Awesome... just to be clear these workshops are **2 separate** two-day workshops...

The first two day workshop is full but... there are plenty of seats in the 2nd two day workshop.

The 2nd workshop is beadmaking *and* ArtClay silver. The first day is spent making the beads for using in your ArtClay pieces. You will even learn a bit about coldworking (using the flat lap). All of your tools for the ArtClay part of this workshop will be available for use in class! Yay!

Old 2011-10-11, 3:07pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I will be in the Thursday-Friday class. I am so excited!!!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-10-13, 10:33pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Hey peeps!

Claudia has agreed to let me offer up just the bead making day of her "Beads and Silver Clay" workshop as a stand alone for those people who don't want to, already know how, or just plain can't afford the 2 days... so here's the just the bead making portion of that workshop up for grabs...

We will still have it as a 2 day workshop for those who want to do the whole weekend, but since it's not filled yet, and I know that a lot of people just don't want to work with silver clay... well, anyway... $250 will get you a one day bead making workshop with Claudia...

http://www.themandrel.com/index.php?...age=page&id=31

call Donna @ 310-413-9789 to sign up!

www.TheMandrel.com or themandrel1@yahoo.com

Old 2011-10-13, 10:45pm
"Sinners have soul too"

This is the best I could do for a pic of Claudia's butterfly wings beads... I thought I remembered a gorgeous bead from Facebook but I can't find it now. Anyway, she is teaching the butterfly wing in this workshop plus several other beads and a pendant.
Attached Images

Old 2011-10-14, 1:28pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohline View Post
Donna

Thanks
Nohline
Nohline, I've had a seat open up in the Thursday/Friday class if you're interested.

Old 2011-11-01, 12:29am
"Sinners have soul too"

Bump!

One spot in the November 17/18 workshop. It's the best spot
in my opinion, shared seat with the instructor. $450

3 spots left in the "just the beads" part of Claudia's weekend
workshop on Saturday November 19th. $250

Which leaves 3 spots if you want the entire week end workshop
on Saturday and Sunday the 19th and 20th. $450

All of these and more here:
http://www.themandrel.com/index.php?...3d9da02286f567

Call or email Donna @ The Mandrel
310-413-9789 or themandrel1@yahoo.com

Old 2011-11-07, 9:08am
"Sinners have soul too"

Slowly but surely! We're gettin' the seats filled!

Just so you know Claudia is Glasting

She is coming all the way from France to teach, so who knows when we will be able to get her back here again. Don't miss this opportunity!

-----------------------------------------------------

One spot in the November 17/18 workshop. It's the best spot
in my opinion, shared seat with the instructor. $450

2 spots left in the "just the beads" part of Claudia's weekend
workshop on Saturday November 19th. $250

Which leaves 2 spots if you want the entire week end workshop
on Saturday and Sunday November 19th and 20th. $450

All of these and more here:
http://www.themandrel.com/index.php?...3d9da02286f567

Call or email Donna @ The Mandrel
310-413-9789 or themandrel1@yahoo.com

Old 2011-11-14, 6:19am
Light My Torch

Default class with claudia

Everyone take this class! Just got done with her class, you will not be sorry. She teaches so many things in her class and is very nice. You will not be sorry that you took it
jeri

Old 2011-11-15, 9:33am
"Sinners have soul too"

I can't wait! I personally want to learn to do the silver clay and I want to make butterfly wings!

Claudia gets to Cali tonight...

Old 2011-11-15, 3:44pm

Donna - I just dropped Claudia off at the airport this afternoon. Ya'all have fun. YES, she is an awesome instructor and a real gem of a person. She even taught this old boro chick some new tricks. ;-D This is AWESOME class.
Samma

Old 2011-11-15, 3:51pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Thanks Samma.

Old 2011-11-16, 7:33pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Last call!!!

One seat left in tomorrow and Friday workshop... all glass

2 seats left in the weekend workshop... Take both days or just the bead making part!

Old 2011-11-21, 5:48pm
"Sinners have soul too"

OMG... I am exhausted! This class was great! I am so excited to take what I picked up from being in the room while Claudia was teaching... I made a bail during the ArtClay part of the class... I need to make a bead for it... but wow!

Thank you to everyone who came to the class, who put up with my chaotic set up, part of the time I didn't know if I was coming or going. Thank you to Claudia for making my life as easy as possible and was so easy going. And thank you so much for understanding that I am running the show solo, so I am not as easily available as the studios who have "helper bees".

Whheeeew! I am tired... it is time for a nap after a morning of shopping with Claudia!

Old 2011-11-23, 8:53am
Nikki Haverstock

It was a great four days.

Old 2011-11-26, 11:27am
Certified Glassaholic!

Does anyone know if Claudia will be teaching in the US again next year?