Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-03-09, 9:44pm
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

Thank you to all you guys for your positive feedback. We will continue to provide the products and customer service you value.

Thanks again,

Mike and Pam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.
Old 2010-03-09, 10:04pm
Ad astra per aspera

I don't own one of Mike's kilns because I'm a middle of the mandrel girl, however, I've gotten to use several at GlassStock and they're very good kilns, worth every penny AND worth a little patience in order to get them. Most quality kilns are built to order. Sometimes you get lucky (I did, 13 years ago), but in general having to wait is just part of the "suffering" we glass artists have to do.

Old 2010-03-09, 10:26pm

I have a kiln from Mike and I'm sure it's wonderful - have seen many others. Still don't have a place to set mine up, but can pretty much guarantee I will be one of the people calling to ask questions when it is time! Mine took a few weeks to get also, and it is still in the box - darn it!
Old 2010-03-10, 3:50am

Shawn, the reason I PM'd you is because I'm trying to be nice. If you notice I never named names in this thread. People PM'd me because they figured out who I was talking about from reading this thread.

No, I'm not PMing every member of this forum. Life is too short. I also never said that I hadn't tried contacting the person I was referring to. I've tried repeated and finally got through after I posted this thread. I'm sure Mike will back me up on that.

You seem to be eager to pick a fight with me. Mike isn't. Rather than fight he is trying to make good on this quietly in PMs. I'm not going to fight with you.

Lori

Last edited by lbowman1; 2010-03-10 at 4:44am. Reason: Found out how to Ignore
Old 2010-03-10, 5:47am

Good morning everyone! Lets all play nicely here! Whatever was said in pm's aren't any of my business and I don't care about them. The bottom line is that the issue has been addressed and is in process of being resolved. The other bottom line is that the majority of feedback for Glasshive Kilns has been positive.

Everyone have a great day and be creative

Peace,

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2010-03-10, 5:57am

It's the vendors that DO respond that make things OK. Glad to see it's worked out.
Old 2010-03-10, 7:21am
Meow.

Thanks, Mike.

Just a suggestion - if you are no longer checking the Mike@ e-mail address and only the 'Michael' one - you may want to set up an auto-responder to let folks (like me) who are simply using the same address we've used for years know that you aren't checking the other any more. I'd hate to think of the business you may be losing simply because people (like me) can't figure out why all of a sudden we can't get an answer from you. Had I received a message saying the e-mail address didn't exist or directing me to the new(?) e-mail address to use it would have avoided me questioning what was going on over there
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It was particularly frustrating since I'd e-mailed you just minutes after you asked me to over the phone.

Anyhow, for the record - the kilns rock. I have two and am interested in a third -- and up until this point I must say Mike has been extremely responsive - which is why I was utterly and truly confused regarding the lack of response on this custom kiln. In the past: I've needed a part when there was a terrible storm out his way (nothing coming in and nothing going out) but the communication was constant and he was even apologetic over something he certainly had zero control over. I've wanted to change the program on my kiln and Mike walked me through it over the phone. I wanted to have the ability to fire PMC he walked me through raising the temp over the phone. Relay needed to be replaced - he sent one immediately.

Quote:
Hi Kimberly,

You were correct, that you had been using the wrong email address. We got your email at the beginning of last week and are working up the quote you requested with our suppliers.

Mike

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-03-10, 10:32am
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

Quote:

No, I'm not PMing every member of this forum. Life is too short. I also never said that I hadn't tried contacting the person I was referring to. I've tried repeated and finally got through after I posted this thread. I'm sure Mike will back me up on that.

You seem to be eager to pick a fight with me. Mike isn't. Rather than fight he is trying to make good on this quietly in PMs. I'm not going to fight with you.

Lori
I can't speak about what happened in this PM conversation as, I was not involved. I hope it is dropped.

I can say that the problems with Lori and The Glass Hive is a problem with email delivery or reception on one of our ends. We have agreed to work it out, and are testing that line of communication to be sure it does not happen again.

She had been trying to reach us via email and became frustrated by a lack of response. Since we can reach each other through LE we were able to solve the problem.

Mike

Old 2010-03-10, 10:40am
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

Quote:
Thanks, Mike.

Just a suggestion - if you are no longer checking the Mike@ e-mail address and only the 'Michael' one - you may want to set up an auto-responder to let folks (like me) who are simply using the same address we've used for years know that you aren't checking the other any more. I'd hate to think of the business you may be losing simply because people (like me) can't figure out why all of a sudden we can't get an answer from you. Had I received a message saying the e-mail address didn't exist or directing me to the new(?) e-mail address to use it would have avoided me questioning what was going on over there
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It was particularly frustrating since I'd e-mailed you just minutes after you asked me to over the phone.

Anyhow, for the record - the kilns rock. I have two and am interested in a third -- and up until this point I must say Mike has been extremely responsive - which is why I was utterly and truly confused regarding the lack of response on this custom kiln. In the past: I've needed a part when there was a terrible storm out his way (nothing coming in and nothing going out) but the communication was constant and he was even apologetic over something he certainly had zero control over. I've wanted to change the program on my kiln and Mike walked me through it over the phone. I wanted to have the ability to fire PMC he walked me through raising the temp over the phone. Relay needed to be replaced - he sent one immediately.

Hi Kimberly,

I am sorry for the frustration you experienced. That email address is over 6 years old, and we assumed it to be out of commission all together. I will try to figure out how to put up an auto responder, but since it no longer shows on my account I may need some technical help to get it done. I am thinking I could reinstate it and add it then.

Anytime the communication path is incomplete it is a potential for both frustration and loss in sales. Neither of which we wish to see. I do appreciate you bringing it to my attention, and offering a solution to the problem.

Thank you for your compliments. You can be sure you will continue to see the service you have experienced in the past.

Thanks,

Mike and Pam

Old 2010-03-10, 10:46am
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

Quote:
Good morning everyone! Lets all play nicely here! Whatever was said in pm's aren't any of my business and I don't care about them. The bottom line is that the issue has been addressed and is in process of being resolved. The other bottom line is that the majority of feedback for Glasshive Kilns has been positive.

Peace,

Duane
Duane,

I think everyone is working together now, and the thread can quietly pass into the night.

Quote:
It's the vendors that DO respond that make things OK. Glad to see it's worked out.
Thank you,

Issues come up, and how both partys work together is the most important. I am glad Lori and The Hive could find a way to work it out.

Quote:
I have a kiln from Mike and I'm sure it's wonderful - have seen many others. Still don't have a place to set mine up, but can pretty much guarantee I will be one of the people calling to ask questions when it is time! Mine took a few weeks to get also, and it is still in the box - darn it!

Get that thing hooked up! What are you doing over there
I hope we here your call very soon!

Old 2010-03-10, 12:30pm
Broken

I'd like to leave positive feedback too. Pam and Mike are two very honest, hard working and quality people. I often wonder when people don't get a immediate response to emails (and really why they expect this is beyond me) they don't pick up a phone and call before slamming the vendor online?

I love Mike's kiln's

Old 2010-03-10, 12:37pm

Because Nicker I tried for weeks to get a reply. I didn't send just one email. I sent several. My Paypal account is linked to my email so it makes more sense to say "Hey, remember me? I used this account to pay for something."

I wonder why people fly off the handle and assume I haven't tried contacting Mike before they post in this thread about it?

Lori
Old 2010-03-10, 12:38pm
Broken

Lori did you call Mike before posting this thread?

Old 2010-03-10, 12:57pm

One valuable thing I have learned in this thread is that the Customer Service forum doesn't work accurately. If anyone says anything negative they get harassed by vendors that aren't even involved in the transaction being discussed. It's like only glowing praise is allowed.

I was warned I would get bashed for this by others that have had bad transactions on this site. talked about it openly and were attacked for it. Apparently this is common. Since the only feedback allowed here is positive the real picture in a lot of transactions is one sided.

Mike had problems with email. Others have had problems reaching him via email too but felt they couldn't say anything about it without being flamed. That's a shame because he needed to know that so he could fix it. I wonder if he's lost sales because he didn't know about the problem?

Could it also be that some of you other vendors have had problems people were afraid to tell you about? Have those cost you sales too? You might not realize it but negative comments do have a practical purpose. They highlight problems that need to be solved. Ignoring the concerns of your customers does more harm than good. Think on that a while.

This thread rubbed some of you the wrong way but it did bring to light a problem that needed to be fixed that effected more of Mike's customers than just me. It has been fixed now. How do I know? Pam had me help test the email to make sure it's working now. The problem is fixed. I now have a response to my inquiries that I can live with. I'm getting a kiln which solves my problems and Mike and Pam get their emails which solves their problems. Things are improving for all of us. Whether you admit it or not that is a good thing.

I got one angry PM saying they don't like that Mike is "letting me off the hook." I don't know why you're looking for a fight. I'm not here to fight. I'm here to melt glass. This is supposed to be a helpful forum not a hostile one.

It's up to you to decide whether you want to help or not. Just remember that customers remember when a vendor is helpful and they certainly remember when one is hostile. The former they go to again and again. The later they avoid at all costs.

Lori
Old 2010-03-10, 1:29pm

Yes, I'm quoting myself. The first time I've done something like this too!

Quote:

Peace,

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2010-03-10, 1:37pm

the reason I got pissed off about this thread is the "not naming names" BS. It causes huge amounts of irritation all around, from vendors who check their records to verify that they haven't done business with the company to fellow lampworkers who feel somewhat used by it. If you aren't going to ID who you are pissed at, why the hell bother?

It's like this: I just read a really lousy book. The plot was totally derivative, the characters were flat, and there wasn't an original thought in the whole darned thing. I kept reading it in the hopes that it would improve. It didn't. I wish I could have those hours of my life back. I'm not going to name it, though...

What the hell was the point of that paragraph?

(Prison Ship by Michael Bowers-don't even check it out from the library-total waste of time and money.)
Old 2010-03-10, 2:23pm
Broken

Oh phaleaze! 1st there are LOTS of threads here on LE that have less than positive feedback. 2nd pick UP the phone people. 3rd if you post a thread people will respond, if you don't want a response don't post a thread.

Old 2010-03-10, 2:36pm
BaZinga!

I agree that a Customer Service forum should be used for both positive and negative feedback for a vendor. I also think that doing so in the form of a "what should I do if maybe this happens" possible scenario isn't so constructive. Perhaps asking in a way that gives the vendor an opportunity to address the concern is more practical.

Either way, I hope you get your kiln soon from whomever you decide to purchase it from and you can enjoy melting glass again!

Genius Prayer: God, grant me the courage to change the things I cannot accept; serenity to accept the things I've changed, and the wisdom to know I'm different. -S. Pastis
Nortel Mid-Range, tanked O2 and propane, GlassHive kiln
Old 2010-03-10, 3:36pm
Disconnected

No you're not. The very first moment you titled your thread you were already pissed off at everybody. Through all your posts in this thread you never sounded to me like someone who's trying to be nice or trying to solve your problem. Most people would pick up the phone before "several weeks" go by and before they come here and do some passive aggressive whining.
It's absolutely untrue that only positive feedback is allowed here. Try searching for Jodel or Dennis Brady or more recently Jon Glass shack.

Old 2010-03-11, 8:50pm
The Crazy One

Once upon a time I ordered a kiln, it was a paragon kiln. I paid in full (as required) when I ordered. They told me it would be 4 weeks before it arrived at the loco cabana... It took 3 months and one week to arrive. I was impatient, but realized it was being made specially for the voices in my head...

When it arrived I was thrilled! It came complete with instructions, written by martians, to program the controller. Seeing as how I did not read nor speak martianise I was screwed. That was until a few days latter some very sweet person answered my on line call for help. Wooo Hoooooooo that paragon only sat at my studio for 3 days before I could use it!

Fast forward:

I ordered a Glass Hive kiln, I paid in full (as required) when I ordered. They told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks before it arrived at the loco cabana... I got a call about a week later saying it was done.... I told them: "If there is a current order for one like mine, send it to them! I know what it's like to wait." I did this several times, knowing that others would be thrilled with their Glass Hive kiln.

Eventually my kiln was shipped and I was, of course thrilled to receive it. Even though UPS could not read nor understand and arrow: THIS SIDE UP! Packed amazing well, sheared rivets and a controller box that was severely damaged. I received a new controller box before I had the chance to package the damaged one.

The voices in my head don't understand electronics, but somehow poor Mike and Pam can always walk me through what ever it is I want my kiln controller to do. Their customer service is uncomparable! There is NO ONE at ANY glass company that I know (and I know a LOT of glass supply company owners) that has more superior service. Some come close, but arn't quite as top notch as the glass hive.

Ohhhhh and just so you know: Mike and Pam watch LE and any time ANYONE has a kiln problem, they are almost always there. Even when it's not one of their kilns! Gladly giving free help to anyone about any kiln whenever they can.

So your bitching about your kiln not arriving and it's been less than a month? Princess get over it! When it arrives it will be well worth five times the wait!
Old 2010-03-12, 7:45am
Karen James

Loco Cabana

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2010-03-12, 11:26am
Will work for glass...

I guess I'm of the school that issues related to specific orders should be addressed directly with the vendor...even if there is a problem reaching a vendor via e-mail or by phone, a simple post saying "I'm having trouble reaching 'Mike at Glass Hive; I need to ask a question about my order,'" would have sufficed. Thus avoiding a public conversation that future customers might stumble upon through Google or just browsing the web. I'd hate for a thread like this one to turn someone away in the same way the threads about JoDel (and others) serve as a warning about bad service. It seems in this case to be more about a misunderstanding and/or e-mail glitch than a true problem with the vendor. I guess I think handling things discreetly works out better in the end for everyone.
Old 2010-03-12, 4:35pm

I have to say I have only good things to say about my experience with Mike also. He allowed me to pay for it on my schedule as in whenever I had spare money, until it was paid in full. I was one of the people who happened to have ordered when there was in issue with parts and yes, it took longer. However, Mike kept me informed through out, I had no problem waiting since I knew it was coming, and the kiln is absolutely perfect. Any time I have a question, he replies within 24 hrs, usually less. I doubt that I can get that kind of service from the big kiln makers. I am totally happy with my kiln and when I am ready for a bigger one, I will be buying it from him.

Old 2010-03-12, 5:34pm

Quote:
Thanks, Mike.

Whilst in theory this sounds okay - its one of the quickest ways currently to have your mail domain blacklisted - with the result that legit outgoing mail will be dumped before it hits your customers mailbox.

Automatic responders multiply the amount of junk mail internet providers & corporate mail systems have to handle - if your mail system is detected automatically bouncing mail - its a quick trip onto the "real time blacklists"

Mail forwarding - from old to new - sometimes just isnt possible for extended periods (or at all).
Old 2010-03-13, 12:19am
"Sinners have soul too"

I love my GlassHive kiln... I've recommended Mike Crowley's kilns when people have asked me which kiln they should get. I don't remember the wait being too horrible and getting it on sale was worth any wait I may have had to endure.

Thanks Mike!!

Old 2010-03-13, 7:22am
Miss my BoBo Griff

Quote:
Because Nicker I tried for weeks to get a reply. I didn't send just one email. I sent several. My Paypal account is linked to my email so it makes more sense to say "Hey, remember me? I used this account to pay for something."

I wonder why people fly off the handle and assume I haven't tried contacting Mike before they post in this thread about it?

Lori
I am just a little confused about why you couldn't get hold of them via email. If you are insisting that you had to use email instead of the phone wouldn't it have made more sense to send your email to the email acct tied to your paypal payment to mike? You look in you paypal history and see the email acct tied to the payment, which I believe is the Michael one no?
Anyway glad your problem is solved and Mike and Pam have excellent customer service as far as I am concerned. Mikey has helped me with all kinds of obscure stuff and never gotten anything from it. I have a kiln on layaway now and am very excited to be getting it.
chrisann

Old 2010-03-13, 8:16am

[quote=glassactcc;2925151]I have said this before. I don't understand why vendors take full payments when the product is not ready to ship. A deposit would be appropriate. That just irks me. Bad business practice.

I agree .
Old 2010-03-13, 8:36am
Will work for glass...

[quote=yellowbird;2933069]
Quote:
I have said this before. I don't understand why vendors take full payments when the product is not ready to ship. A deposit would be appropriate. That just irks me. Bad business practice.

I agree .
This is an appropriate policy when the merchandise is already in stock, but I have never seen a vendor selling made-to-order merchandise that didn't make the customer pay up-front. The reason for the pay-first policy is so that the vendor is not stuck with an expensive, custom made piece of equipment if the customer changes his/her mind. Made-to-order is almost always pre-pay.
Old 2010-03-14, 10:40am

Exactly my thought as well Duane,

I do have to say to get anything custom built that doesn't seem like a very long wait. BUT when your wanting something any delay seems to be magnified.

It's a shame that the deal fell apart in some way for you with it all becuase I am with most of them, that Mike's got awesome product and a great service ethic.

Quote:
THANK-YOU STARR!!!!!! I had teears in my eyes from laughing so hard!
Quote:
The sad part is, is that its true

Duane
PS ..but I thought DB knew EVERYTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrr

Good thing you didn't buy a kiln from Dennis Brady, LOL

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2010-03-14, 12:41pm
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

Once again, thank you all for your compliments and continued support. We are especially fond of our LE peeps!

Arlene- Fortunately this was a surpassable misunderstanding, and we are all on the same page now.

Navarre- thanks for the heads up. We don't want to cause any loss of our service.

Mike and Pam