Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-01-05, 10:40am
Against the Grain

Default Please delete this thread

Does anybody have any of this light opaque version of Kronos2? It's the one on the left in the photo. I really love it but when I tried to get more I got a batch that was moving back to the darker transparent cobalt. It seems to be different every time I buy it. The one I'm after is a lighter blue that is opaque almost down to the core.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would be happy to take it off your hands if you have it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Silver Moon Lampwork; 2009-04-27 at 10:26am.
Old 2009-01-05, 10:49am

All my batches look like the darker cobalt. I do have one that looks like the left in the way of being opaque about half way through but it's not as light as your rods are.. Mine are dark as the other rods on the outside..just not as much cobalt in the center.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-05, 11:22am
yukue fumei

that looks like the odd lot from a while back....
I hope you are able to find it

nagi

Old 2009-01-06, 6:12am
Against the Grain

Thanks for checking Irene. I didn't buy this as an odd lot. I just ordered Kronos2 and this is what I got. That's why I'm hoping that there my be some more hiding out there somewhere. I buy from several suppliers and I can't remember who I bought it from. Maybe I will try to contact the possible suspects. I want it pretty desperately.

Old 2009-01-12, 1:14pm
yukue fumei

I just looked at the Kronos 2 I got from the Mandrel....
not sure if this is the one you are looking for?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nagi

Old 2009-01-12, 1:32pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I know which K2 you're wanting... it kinda looks like worn denim, very pretty. I think I have about 1/4# of it. The rest is what Nagi has pictured above
Thanks Denise.

Old 2009-01-12, 2:48pm
yukue fumei

nagi

Old 2009-01-12, 6:09pm
Against the Grain

Thanks Nagi! That does look like it might be it.

Can I get that 1/4# Donna?

Old 2009-01-12, 6:16pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Yes, I'm not positive I have a 1/4#. I'll weigh and pm you tomorrow. I just got home from the studio... sorry! But whatever I have is yours if you want it

Old 2009-01-12, 6:22pm
Against the Grain

Oh boy! A ray of hope! I would be so happy to buy whatever you have.

Old 2009-01-12, 6:33pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I definitely have some, just not sure how much of that cool denim color.

Old 2009-01-12, 6:41pm
Against the Grain

I'm going to be praying that it's more than 1/4# then!

Old 2009-01-13, 4:12am
yukue fumei

yay! I hope it's the one!

nagi

Old 2009-01-13, 2:09pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Well, it's hard to tell... Even the ones that are super light on the outside still have a cobalt core (I have just 2 oz of this).
I have the same batch Nagi posted above but her pics make the core look lighter than what I actually see in person. They definitely have a lighter outside and a darker core though.

Lynn could you post a pic of what the outside of the rod looks like of the color that you want? I don't want to send you the same thing you already have.

Old 2009-01-13, 5:33pm
Against the Grain

Hi Donna,
Here's another pic. It's really hard to tell what it actually looks like from the outside. But mine is not light all the way through either. It's only opaque about halfway down into the core. The core is definitely darker. If the rods you have look like the ones in Nagi's top photo, I'm willing to take my chances. How much do you have?

Old 2009-01-13, 6:18pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I have about 14 oz of the same batch that Nagi posted a picture of.

Old 2009-01-13, 6:44pm
Against the Grain

Sounds good! I'll PM you.