Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-06-22, 9:02am

Default What's the Next Sampler Contest!!!

So...

What should I offer for the next sampler pack?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to Heather's wonderful suggestion, I'm opening this up for a contest.

Please feel free to make suggestions from now until friday, 9-26. Sometime on Saturday (I'm on call this week
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) I'll announce the winning sampler and that winner will receive a free sampler containing 0.5oz of each frit (instead of the usual 0.25oz bit-o-frit).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...

Last edited by ThatFritGirl; 2009-06-22 at 1:43pm.
Old 2009-06-22, 12:10pm
High Maintenance

You should sell a 'Bit of Summer' sampler. You could include

Strawberry Mountains
Barely Jam
Red Roses
Summer Breeze
Raspberry Delight
Grape Vines

Do I get a free one if you use my suggestion? LOL
Old 2009-06-22, 1:38pm

That's not a bad idea, Heather! Either idea, actually. I think that I'll make a contest out of this. I'm going back and editing the first post now...

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-06-22, 6:15pm

i've got THREE suggestions!!

First, a MINTLEAF BLENDS sampler!!
'cause anyone who missed Alaina's blends when she was selling them in the garage sale, doesn't know how awesome they are--and the purple/teal/pink lovers should have a chance to sample the "six" that go best together all at once without having to pick just one!
Hawaiian Sunrise
Teal Temptations
Strawberry Mountains
Raspberry Delights
Grape Vines
Lavender Fields

Then, 'cause you can never have too many rainbows (and it's sooo hard to get a rainbow "right"!
A set of TRANSPARENTS in
Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple

And a set of Opaques in
Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple

for those of us obsessed with making rainbows & anything rainbow!!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-06-23, 6:43pm

Three more days!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-06-24, 11:52am

Sparkling Sampler, with adventurine blends?

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-06-24, 2:06pm
uncouthful cats

As a newbie, my idea comes from a purely selfish perspective. I "borrow" frits, so it would be cool to have some of my own & be able to return the favor. Here's my idea for the "Mint Mountain Sampler":
Barely Jam
Teal Temptations
Summer Breeze
Raku sparkle
Deep Blue Something
Angelique's Elven Cloak

Nancie

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2009-06-24, 2:39pm

I think a Mintleaf Sampler.....absolutely !!!
Raspberry Delight
Grape Vines
Lavender Fields
Hawaiian Sunrise
Barely Jam
TealTemptations
I can't wait to try those colors !!!

Linna
Old 2009-06-25, 6:19pm

Last day for input is tomorrow!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-06-25, 6:58pm

Shhhhh! The more people who enter the less chance Nikki & I have to win!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-06-25, 6:59pm

'cause you know, 87 metric tons of frit isn't NEARLY enough

Old 2009-06-25, 7:06pm

ROFL!!! Luna, have you been peeking in my studio windows???

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-06-26, 6:48am

Newbie's Sampler - a rainbow of frit

Sunset Coral
My Sister's Socks
Medium Amber
Sedna
Deep Blue Something
Violet Striker
Old 2009-06-26, 6:52am

I like these ideas! Keep 'em comming!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-06-26, 9:04am

"special effects" (or things you want to TRY before you buy a whole batch of 'em 'cause you might HATE 'em
sampler)

R-108 (It took a long time for me to *love* this color!
)
R-100 (for veining, etc)
G-109 (it's awesome, but I've heard some people aren't as thrilled with it as others
)
K-218 (for faux boro, or even just reducing)
K-44 (for those silvery spots--or any other "heavy reduction" color....
)
Z-74 ('cause it's cool when it turns blue...but you could put "chameleon" here instead...)

Yep, I'm mean, I put all the #'s in so folks will have to go to Leslie's site, & SURF ALL THE PRETTY COLORS TO SEE WHAT I'M SUGGESTING
....(bet you can't go surfing without buyin' something
)
Oh, if you do this one, I'd put a "how to" or a "what it's for" on the *website*--not huge, but a breif explanation so new folks aren't getting them blindly
--bet it would increase your sales of all those colors in the long run too, if the new-to-frit could figure them out & get something they *liked* out of 'em

Last edited by lunamoonshadow; 2009-06-28 at 11:45am. Reason: it's a 74, not a 44 & I'm an idiot reading my phone screen lol!!!
Old 2009-06-26, 10:43am

Love the idea, Luna! Were you thinking Z-99?

Leslie
Frit Happens...

Last edited by ThatFritGirl; 2009-06-26 at 10:47am.
Old 2009-06-26, 11:56am

No, I like the "splat white"....but Z-99 would be cool too!

Old 2009-06-26, 2:29pm

Luna, I feel like such a dolt! I can't find Z-44 anywhere, and I wanted to order some for you!!! I can find the Dense White - Z-74, but no Splat!!! Where Splat???

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-06-26, 8:55pm

. I was typing (and reading!) on my phone with the under 2" screen
. It's 74
(please don't shoot me!!!)
I think someone called it "splat" white because of the weird patterns it got when you overcooked it? That's what I've got written next to "dense white" on one of the tiny baggie lables I got in a frit swap eons ago....& then you had an actual NUMBER next to "dense white"!!! (which of course I mis-read...duh!)

Old 2009-06-27, 8:35am

Quote:

. I was typing (and reading!) on my phone with the under 2" screen
. It's 74
(please don't shoot me!!!)
I think someone called it "splat" white because of the weird patterns it got when you overcooked it? That's what I've got written next to "dense white" on one of the tiny baggie lables I got in a frit swap eons ago....& then you had an actual NUMBER next to "dense white"!!! (which of course I mis-read...duh!)
ROFLMAO!!!!! That's my favorite frit - yup, goes nicely on everything. Emotion beads, organics, shard beads, sandwitches... ok, not sandwitches but you get my drift. I have little tins of the others and a kilo jar of that one...

I'll be announcing the new sampler tonight!!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-06-27, 3:19pm

Default And the winner is...

Luna's Mintleaf Blends Sampler seemed to have the most of the Mintleaf blends that were being asked for, so that will be the grand winner and the first sampler made.

There were, however, so many deliciously good ideas that I've kept several and as I create a sampler using your idea I'll send you a free one!!

Keep the ideas comming!!!!

Mintleaf Blends
Strawberry Mountains
Hawiian Sunrise
Teal Temptations
Lavender Fields
Raspberry Delight
Grape Vines

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2009-06-27, 7:57pm

ooh! just checked in from work on my phone
& I'm tickled pink! Alaina's probably laughing because she knows how sad I was when she said she wasn't making any more!
gotta go back to work now!!

Old 2009-06-27, 9:22pm

Yay Lyn!

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-06-29, 7:11am

Luna, your sampler went out today!

Keep the sampler ideas comming - remember, if I use your idea I'll send you a free sampler!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...