Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-16, 2:28pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
I miss you being a glass vendor, Kalera.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aw thanks!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-06-16, 10:48pm

Why do I have Kim Leggitt on my mind while reading through the pages of this.... Seriously!

Old 2011-06-17, 4:52am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:

Open the window at least...I'm not pulling over.
Too late, I chucked up two pages back

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-06-17, 8:04am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Too late, I chucked up two pages back

Old 2011-06-17, 9:40am

Huge entertainment value here. Maybe this should be stickied
Old 2011-06-17, 12:03pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I'm sorry I don't find anything entertaining about it... this woman has cost me time and money for absolutely nothing, except to try and bash me in an effort to make me look like the bad guy here...

Oh and by the way, I made some beads using a rods from the same batch of the horrible rubino she returned and it really makes some beautiful hibiscus flowers... I guess you just have to know what you're doing. :shrug:

Old 2011-06-17, 1:17pm
Live and Let Live

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't find anything entertaining about it... this woman has cost me time and money for absolutely nothing, except to try and bash me in an effort to make me look like the bad guy here...

Oh and by the way, I made some beads using a rods from the same batch of the horrible rubino she returned and it really makes some beautiful hibiscus flowers... I guess you just have to know what you're doing. :shrug:
Donna, believe me.... YOU do NOT come off looking like a bad guy here.

Old 2011-06-17, 1:22pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Thank you Lisa... I really appreciate all the people who've show me so much support over the last week or so.

Old 2011-06-17, 1:31pm

Offer's still open if you want to get a drink!!! I think I posted that in the "other" thread but it applies here too. You know where I live
Head up one day!

Old 2011-06-17, 1:31pm

Oh and quit defending yourself. You did it ALL right!

Old 2011-06-17, 1:32pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Thanks Reenie, my family still lives up there, so may actually see me some day.

My Aunt lives off of "S" and 35th Street E... on Waterman?

Old 2011-06-17, 1:34pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Thanks Reenie... I just got my panties in a bunch when I read that someone thought this was "entertaining"...

Old 2011-06-17, 1:38pm
Rose colored glasses…√

I think it "became" entertaining. I mean...Amy wouldn't pull over, and Deb upchucked.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-06-17, 1:40pm
My opinion not needed

Quote:
You did great!

Quote:
I think it "became" entertaining. I mean...Amy wouldn't pull over, and Deb upchucked.
Snort!!

Old 2011-06-17, 1:53pm

Quote:

Donna - I can't imagine that anyone would feel anything other than admiration and sympathy for you after this.
Old 2011-06-17, 1:57pm
Lampworkaholic!

Maybe Corri would delete the thread if you asked her to?

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-06-17, 2:12pm
"Sinners have soul too"

You know, even though I did think about asking her to remove the thread... after all the positive feedback and support I've gotten (it's only taken me a week to realize I haven't don't anything wrong), I think it would be a fine if it just hung out and fell off the front page all by itself.

We've gone from "get a room you two" to "pull over I'm gonna puke"... how much better than that can it get??

Old 2011-06-17, 2:54pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:

You did absolutely nothing wrong... you bent over backward to help her. Nothing in this thread reflects poorly on you.

Old 2011-06-17, 2:58pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Thank you Kalera!

Old 2011-06-17, 6:35pm

Quote:

Sorry if my comment offended you. I did not intend it to. One of those situations I guess where I should have thought before hitting the post button. I will agree with everyone else who has already said that you obviously did everything you could to make the customer happy. I guess that is what really made it entertaining. Were I you I would want this thread stickied so that everyone could see how much you care about customer service. My compliments.
Old 2011-06-17, 6:45pm

Donna, you have handled this situation with grace and a whole lot more patience than was deserved in this case.

I look forward to purchasing from you in the future.
Old 2011-06-17, 7:31pm
Duchess of Dichro

Quote:
Donna, you have handled this situation with grace and a whole lot more patience than was deserved in this case.

I look forward to purchasing from you in the future.
She is a delight to buy from Dena

Old 2011-06-17, 7:44pm

Quote:
Thanks Reenie, my family still lives up there, so may actually see me some day.

My Aunt lives off of "S" and 35th Street E... on Waterman?
She's on the East Side but not more than 15 minutes or so away. I'm off of "N" and 50th West -)

Old 2011-06-17, 7:56pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Sorry if my comment offended you. I did not intend it to. One of those situations I guess where I should have thought before hitting the post button. I will agree with everyone else who has already said that you obviously did everything you could to make the customer happy. I guess that is what really made it entertaining. Were I you I would want this thread stickied so that everyone could see how much you care about customer service. My compliments.
Sorry Larry! I guess I'm still nursing my wounds. I hope I didn't offend you!
I misunderstood your intent behind the post.

Old 2011-06-18, 2:01am

As others have said basically this thread speaks for it's self. In my experience or lack of it whichever color can vary in a finished bead for alot of reasons, as some one mentioned heat, flame mix oxygen/fuel, how long it worked, reaction with other glass, etc, and especially that some colors just differ from batch to batch. I think Rubino is just one of those colors, I think it hates me. I couldn't have done any better than you did Donna, even looking at this hind-sight, you gave above and way beyond exceptional costumer service! If only every company did so well, (I am not bashing another glass vendor either, haven't met one/ordered from one yet that I didn't like)

I think there is alot of variation in Rubino from batch to batch, I ordered some and was given a rod by 2 different people and none of them are the same. That said how can any claim that what they have is regular rubino? In fact if you look up the definition of rubino
Definitioin of Rubino in English - ruby, ruby-colored ruby, variety of gemstone with a bright red coloring.
And oro doesn't seem to pertain to color that I could find, means mountain, mouth, or representing Latin

I definitely think the customer could have and should have handled this better. Donna did everything imaginable to try to help get what was wanted, and when it was it should have been discussed with Donna by phone, email or PM. Bashing on here is ridiculous. She jumped to try to find what you wanted and get it to you as fast as possible, you even asked to have it sent without seeing the ends. She showed you the ends, you wanted it, she made a special trip to PO to send it. You got it melted it thought it was great, and a few days later decided you didn't want it. She let you send it back and refunded your money. What more did you want????? And before you say shipping and cost of melted rods, remember she showed you the ends, stated it was not moretti rubino oro but vetrofond gold pink, asked you if you wanted it, you recieved pulled stringers and said it was great, made beads said it was too dark but that okay I am still glad I bought it. Frantz then post that they have a sale and another glass you might like, you put in a "big order to get free shipping" then suddenly you want to return the original glass to Donna (which she allows) then post rude things here and act you are a vicitm? Are you serious?????

Last edited by dianeconroy; 2011-06-18 at 10:39pm.
Old 2011-06-18, 11:02pm

This thread is proof that prayer indeed does not change everything. You are a class act Donna.
Old 2011-06-19, 1:25am

I can't say enough good things about Donna and she goes way way above and beyond what most people do to help customers. Well Mikey is in the same catagory too but you get the idea of what I mean. Donna is awesome as a glass vendor, a bead maker and a beautiful person inside and out. You did great girl!

Old 2011-06-19, 4:42am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:

Quote:
Donna, believe me.... YOU do NOT come off looking like a bad guy here.

Huge huge ditto, this is beyond ridiculous

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-06-19, 4:49am

This thread seems to be a good example of "The best revenge is living well". Rather than make you look bad Donna it has reinforced your good relationship with your existing customers and I'm betting it will mean lots of new ones. It's the best kind of karma for her attack routine. I wonder if she's thinking about how any dealings with others in this forum in the future will be affected by this episode of "As the World Churns"? Count yourself luckier than anyone she might be related to since your time with her is over with hopefully.

One last comment...Now I understand the saying "No good deed goes unpunished"

Last edited by Dreamsincolor; 2011-06-19 at 6:51am. Reason: To add a comment
Old 2011-06-19, 10:46am
I'm a lilac!

I've been lampworking for 19 years and no two batches of Rubino Oro have been the same. So, I make slightly different beads, and my customers still like them.

Closed Thread