Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-02-21, 10:47am
Knob Creek Glass

Default Go see Double Helix website!!

Redone and Odds, or something. It is Wonderful, like a candy store.
Old 2009-02-21, 11:19am
Dichro Queen

Thank you for posting this heads up Barb! It IS like a candy store!! Some really beautiful odds etc. Wow!

Jenny
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-21, 11:38am
Gay rights R human rights

Ack.....oh well its only money

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2009-02-21, 12:08pm
Knob Creek Glass

I was haunting the site, waiting for my glass to come. And now, I find more glass to order to come!!! DH does a great job!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-21, 1:19pm
Dichro Queen

I will not order any more glass...I will not order any more glass... I will not order - oh well, but this is so beautiful and it will soon be gone, and I reeeelly need this color...oh crap, where is the Visa? LOL

Jenny
Old 2009-02-21, 4:31pm

yup had to do it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-23, 9:14am
Logan's mommy

Quote:
For those of you that LOVE experimental and odd lot Double Helix - DO NOT MISS THE BASH AT FRANTZ!!!!!!!!! Last year, Jed had some STUNNING glass there. I can only hope he will be there this year. I am starting my glass savings account NOW.
What is this "Bash at Frantz"? Is it online? Is it an event you have to go to in person? When is this?

Old 2009-02-23, 11:34am
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs up

Frantz Glass Bash is usually held in July or August in Shelton, WA. It is an event you have to go to in person to get Double Helix odd lots as they have a vender's booth there.
Angelique

Quote:
What is this "Bash at Frantz"? Is it online? Is it an event you have to go to in person? When is this?

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2009-02-23, 11:51am
Ready to hit the road

Yah, DH changed and added more odds just the day after I ordered glass. Bummer!!

Old 2009-02-23, 3:18pm
Logan's mommy

Why can't anything ever be in the northeast? Why does everything have to be a world away?
I'm missing everything!

Old 2009-02-23, 7:44pm
Drawn to the Flame

well...
the gathering NEXT summer will be in NY!!!

-T

Old 2009-02-23, 7:49pm
Creatrixie

I'm looking forward to it being so much closer to my neck of the woods!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-02-24, 3:24pm
Logan's mommy

Quote:
well...
the gathering NEXT summer will be in NY!!!

-T
No way!!! Really? Ok, let me start planning. In the city or upstate? Do I need to join something to go? I'm totally there I just need to know what I'll have to do ahead of time. Granted it's still a year and half away but hey..it gives me something to really look forward to...bead related of course. Having my son always gives me something to look forward to.

Old 2009-02-24, 4:45pm

Oh My Gosh! New York! I wonder how long of a drive that would be from NC. I don't like to fly because I get horrible head and ear aches. I would like to know more too.

My Facebook
Old 2009-02-24, 4:55pm

THIS year the Gathering is on the east coast, too - Florida. And GAS is in Corning this year.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-02-24, 5:19pm
Logan's mommy

Quote:
THIS year the Gathering is on the east coast, too - Florida. And GAS is in Corning this year.
Miami in late July.....too hot for me and still requires a plane trip for us new englanders. That plane ticket cuts into my glass spending.

Old 2009-02-24, 5:26pm
Against the Grain

Thanks for the DH alert. I'm already working on my second pound of Aurae. I just ordered 1/2 pound of Aurae light and 1/2 pound of Aurae dark. I think I need an intervention!

Old 2009-02-24, 7:51pm
Boheme Flamework Designs

Oh geeze - chaching - on the cc - and I was restricting my spending. But it will be fun to play with.

Deb Cline
Old 2009-02-25, 3:01am
Knob Creek Glass

Jed and Julie are working furiously!!!!
Old 2009-02-25, 9:32am

I am happy to see them doing shards!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-03-02, 12:00pm
yukue fumei

I just tried the T-256--it s a bit tricky at first, but very pretty once you find the timing!

nagi

Old 2009-03-02, 12:05pm
Gimme that silver glass!

Wow Nagi! The pics on the website look so pale, but your beads look electric purple & blue! Did it "wash out" easily?

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-03-02, 12:13pm
yukue fumei

yes--my first several beads were brown.
I played with it and found that it strikes even with a coat of clear....so you have to get the timing right and don't look at the beads before they go in the kiln, or it will be like a cool before striking and the kiln will restrike it brown. Also, do not have a long garage cycle. The beads that I put in at 940F at the beginning of a 4 hour session turned brown, while the ones done an hour and a half before the kiln cycled down retained color.
I'm still working out the kinks of what to do to get consistent results.

that said, it is very pretty and worth the extra effort!

nagi

Old 2009-03-02, 12:57pm
Gimme that silver glass!

So it actually is quite a nice new Terra
? Tried it as dots already (plunged and then encased)? Thanks for your explanation!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2009-03-02, 2:07pm
yukue fumei

it's different yet just as awesome. It feels a bit more transparent with more blues shining through, whereas Terra had a subtler pastel rainbow effect.
I think I need to play with it some more to tell. I haven't tried encased dots yet....
Lots of fun ahead

nagi