LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-01-28, 5:07pm

Default What is best DVD for inside out beads?

I am out in the boonies, so was thinking since I couldn't make it to a class I might buy a DVD for learning the inside out technique. Any recommendations?
Old 2009-01-28, 5:11pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Shannon Hill's video on Inside-Out Beads is excellent, also shows several other bead techniques. You can buy it from him directly at www.needabead.com or click on the Shannon Hill raffle button below. There is one of his videos in this week's raffle!

HTH!
Lea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
Old 2009-01-28, 5:26pm
boro color bender

Yeperz... Shannon Hill's video. It'll get you started for sure!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-28, 10:58pm

Unfortunately I don't find it that easy to order his DVD (what a great looking guy by the way - oooh yah - been admiring his forearms on the Utube vid for a while - lol - yes I love the arms) ... I will persevere but I have been looking for some time and each time it seems to be a chore to follow up on - a struggle and sorry despite the gorgeous guy (yes I know he's not well - sorry to know that) at the end I just don't have the time to spend chasing the DVD...

If he had a paypal account ... or some easy direct method of payment at his site I bet he would get more sales??? Mine at least ... soon I'll have the time to order though.

Old 2009-01-30, 1:37pm
tweetysweetie

I bought his video via Arrow Springs a couple years ago. Sorry your having so much problems with finding/getting it Sadie, as here's another vote for that video....the best.
You might also check out the MeltingPot library and see if they have it in there so you could borrow and at least view it. Try out Smartflix too...see if its' been added to the glass videos stuff, I've watched some pretty cool glass dvd's from there.

Old 2009-01-30, 1:49pm
Don't be a zombie...

Try ahh generationsglass.com also there are more ways to do ISO but this dvd will sure get ya going! Good luck!
Old 2009-01-30, 2:01pm
Happy Beadmaker!

I PM'd Sadie and told her the secret was to call his studio directly for the video, so hopefully she's gotten thru by now!

HTH!
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-01-30, 2:23pm
ManBearPig

If you don't want to spring for the DVD, this may work for you...

http://cosmoglassworks.com/store/pro...age=1&featured

Old 2009-01-31, 10:51am
tweetysweetie

Dang it Chad, when I called you last week..why didn't you mention this tut? Now I have to scrape up some moola for this...it is always good to see the same technique done by a couple different artists...that way you can gleen the best of all and accomplish much of what your trying to learn.

I have one of Chad's marbles in my collection that I purchased about 4yrs ago and didn't know he also did iso beads too....whoohoo. His work is so crisp & clean..just gorgeous. And I've written him a couple times over the years for advice/help and he always responded quickly...very caring/sharing.

Ok, off to work, to make some more money, to buy more goodies i.e. Chad stuff's!!

Old 2009-01-31, 3:56pm
ManBearPig

You didn't ask...