Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-01-21, 1:29pm

Default Scott Bouwens Demo in La Conner, WA - Jan. 31st, 2009

Hi, I just wanted to spread the word to let you know about a fun and informative event that we are hosting on January 31st, 2009.

Scott Bouwens of Bearfoot Art (maker of the Electric Mandrel Spinner, etc) will be doing a two hour demo showing his Large Fossil Cylinder Bead being made from start to finish. This is a signature bead of his and was featured in the Artistic Excellence section of Bead Review 2005. It was also part of the Trajectories exhibit. These fossil cylinder beads also won him a spot as a top ten finalist in the Bead and Button Show Bead Dreams contest in 2007.

Another part of this event is a two hour demo from our studio neighbor Aleksandr Kargopoltsev. A master fine artist painter from Russia who blows me away daily with his amazing skill. This is rare for him to show his techniques and will be a very special learning experience. He will be painting a still life from start to finish in oils.

We only have 50 tickets available and please contact me soon if you are interested. The tickets are for both events and they are $35. (tax included). Your ticket also automatically enters you into a raffle drawing. Also on this day, all purchases will be 20% off from both artists!

Scott will be projecting his live demo so it can be easily viewed and there will be chairs for everyone.

Thanks and hope you can make it. It will also be a great chance for you to come to our beautiful town that is an amazing destination spot. Many fine galleries, restaurants, hotels, bed and breakfasts, and we are right on the water. You could also schedule a jewelry making party with me if you have 5 or more people. You can follow the link below if you'd like to see our studio or go the the chamber website to learn more about the town.

Please e-mail me if you are interested. I will need to know very soon.

Bearfoot Art Glass Studio - Photos of Studio

La Conner Chamber of Commerce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.