Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-08-27, 6:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
Best concentrator you will EVER buy!
I have a lifetime warranty. Do you really support someone who uses the problems of others, to promote their own agenda????????? Read her ad. She uses UO2 as her stepping stone. Jack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-08-27, 7:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxydoc View Post
I have a lifetime warranty. Do you really support someone who uses the problems of others, to promote their own agenda????????? Read her ad. She uses UO2 as her stepping stone. Jack
Forgive me Jack, but I don't want someone to misunderstand and then flame you later. I was under the impression that you have a 3 year warranty with lifetime support. Is that the same thing as a lifetime warranty? (Not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely looking for clarification.)

"Good judgment comes from experience.. Which, unfortunately, comes from bad judgment."

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”
Old 2013-08-27, 7:34am
Administrator

Quote:
Call me. I will treat you right.
Jack, before selling more equipment, or promoting your business on here, please pay me what you owe me and also let me know what needs to be done regarding my broken M20. I have not brought this public, however, you do not respond to my messages. You NEED to pay the amount you owe from the invoice I sent you.

Old 2013-08-27, 7:41am

I am so sick of this discussion.....Yes it takes him FOREVER to ship....but when you do get it...you will be happy. I was not going to do a public discussion on this but here goes. On the side bar - there is a company owned by Jennifer and the title is "Don't get Jacked" - Personally I find it tacky - negative advertising is a turn off so Jennifer will probably be the last person I would purchase from. Being in the OXCON business is obviously like having a target for a birthmark. Jack should be OPEN and HONEST with his customers - Jack could say...."sorry but getting one of my oxycon's will be like having a baby....it takes nine months and by the way - I need the money up front." Truth goes a long way.....I love his oxycon ......I could not be happier and yes it did take me a long time to get mine.....
Old 2013-08-27, 7:46am
Administrator

You may be sick of the discussion, however, it is very relevant to people who are waiting or who are looking to order.

Old 2013-08-27, 8:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by gginkansas View Post
I am so sick of this discussion......
If you're so sick of this discussion - the solution is simple - DON'T READ THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-08-27, 9:01am
Storm Queen

Quote:
You have customers that have waited a year for their concentrator. Take care of them.

Old 2013-08-27, 12:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gginkansas View Post
I am so sick of this discussion.....Yes it takes him FOREVER to ship....but when you do get it...you will be happy. I was not going to do a public discussion on this but here goes. On the side bar - there is a company owned by Jennifer and the title is "Don't get Jacked" - Personally I find it tacky - negative advertising is a turn off so Jennifer will probably be the last person I would purchase from. Being in the OXCON business is obviously like having a target for a birthmark. Jack should be OPEN and HONEST with his customers - Jack could say...."sorry but getting one of my oxycon's will be like having a baby....it takes nine months and by the way - I need the money up front." Truth goes a long way.....I love his oxycon ......I could not be happier and yes it did take me a long time to get mine.....
Seriously? Oh it takes him forever to ship but you'll be happy WHEN you get it??? That's a sales pitch? THEN DON'T TAKE PEOPLE'S MONEY UNTIL YOU SHIP!!!!! Stupidest post I've seen all day....Well Second. I haven't responded to the other one that's worse!

Old 2013-08-27, 12:37pm

Quote:
Now THIS is the stupidest post I've seen all day. Telling people to call you and you'll treat them right...in a thread where a person has waited 1 year for you to send her a machine or refund. You are really a joke. I don't care how fkn good your machines are. You my friend, need to get out of this business.

NO REMORSE. NO ANSWERS. NO SOLUTIONS! NOT A CHANCE!!!

Old 2013-08-27, 12:39pm

Lifetime warranty means nothing if it takes a lifetime to get service or you go out of business
Old 2013-08-27, 1:12pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I would personally go the small claims court route. If you can show that the vendor was negligent, you can receive the award in twice the amount owed to you. A year of no shipped product definitely qualifies as negligent.

Old 2013-08-27, 1:16pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I would give a vote for them as well. A friend of mine had her concentrator past the warranty time and there was a problem with it. She took it in, it was just a hose that had to be replaced. But while she was there, he decided that it was not working as well as he liked, so he swapped it out for a new unit with a new warranty. Free. No charge at all. Even though her warranty was long expired.

Old 2013-08-27, 2:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Now THIS is the stupidest post I've seen all day. Telling people to call you and you'll treat them right...in a thread where a person has waited 1 year for you to send her a machine or refund. You are really a joke. I don't care how fkn good your machines are. You my friend, need to get out of this business.

NO REMORSE. NO ANSWERS. NO SOLUTIONS! NOT A CHANCE!!!
*sigh* I really hate seeing stuff like this, because I ordered from him recently and if he goes out of business I WILL lose my money. It's easy to say "go somewhere else", but I can't afford to pay twice as much for half the power.

Jack, if you're reading this, PLEASE stop posting in these threads, and contact your unhappy customers privately--don't make them have to chase you down, no one's just going to forget and walk away from their money. And for Gods sake, please just help them out, ideally before it even gets to this point.

Coming in with a sales pitch for someone else when you haven't fixed the existing problem is just asking for trouble. The only thing that has been saving you to any extent is your older customers chiming in with good feedback, and if/when the problem finally gets resolved and the unhappy customers in these threads say themselves that they are happy with whatever resolution has been reached. Your posts are doing nothing but stirring things up, they are not helping your case.

Please do the right thing, and the smart thing here.

"Good judgment comes from experience.. Which, unfortunately, comes from bad judgment."

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”

Last edited by Surrealle; 2013-08-27 at 3:15pm.
Old 2013-08-27, 7:02pm

I really don't see why this person is still getting away with these unethical practices and I think he should have to stump up to a court and explain himself
Old 2014-04-17, 9:04pm
Lover of Life

Default What has happened here?

I am so curious as to the ordeal of the OP. Have you received your equipment or money back? This whole thing is absolutely mind boggling!!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2014-04-20, 3:43pm

Default an offer

Jack feel free to pm me. I spent 7 years working in remanufacturing supply chain analysis. Some of the quandaries you have expressed have well developed methodologies for handling them and or anticipating needs. I too am a small business owner, one of the first lessons I learned is, " if you cannot keep up with demand, you are too cheap". You need money to order parts or hire help, needs to come from sales. From the sound of this thread many of these people would have happily paid more if they would get their orders with in say 30 days? you obviously produce a quality product what are having a hard time sustaining that production, charge more for it so you can maintain parts stocks and improve turnaround. It was amazing how much things improved for me when I raised prices at my computer shop.
Old 2014-04-21, 9:03am

I hate reading this thread as well. I just looked back at my records and am shocked at how long ago i ordered and paid for one. Dec 6, 2012 was the date i paid the original amount, then i paid an invoice they sent on May 2, 2013 for the rest. Have not seen the concentrator, nor have i received any emails about the wait.
Old 2014-04-21, 9:16am
Storm Queen

Andie, you have to call every week or every day if you have to. If you just sit and wait, you'll never get it. Call, email....etc..

Old 2014-04-21, 9:22am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Andie, you have to call every week or every day if you have to. If you just sit and wait, you'll never get it. Call, email....etc..
How about calling the police and charging him with fraud - that might light a fire!
Old 2014-04-21, 9:40am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonst View Post
How about calling the police and charging him with fraud - that might light a fire!
That's what "etc" was for.

Old 2014-04-21, 10:04am

Last word from the family....Jack was in jail. This was a few months ago.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2014-04-21, 10:08am
Storm Queen

Lori supposedly has a concentrator on it's way to her so someone is there. She had been calling and calling too.
http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...23#post4575023

There are multiple threads in the legal room along with that one.

Old 2014-04-21, 10:16am

thanks for the advice. I've sent an email, and will keep sending. Honestly, at this point, since i've already bought another, i'd rather just have my money back. But i'll take either. I live in canada, so probably can't easily pursue any kind of legal anything. I'll also try calling.
Old 2014-04-21, 3:00pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Andie, call, call and call. Also, for the time being, he has a facebook page set up where you can post questions. Just search for Unlimited Oxygen on facebook. I don't expect the FB page to last long.

As Amy said, I have a delivery expected from them today. Fingers crossed that it is a concentrator and not a box of rocks. And that it actually works. Here's the tracking number if you'd like to play along. 1Z60R0T10393023308

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Last edited by loribeads; 2014-04-21 at 3:05pm.
Old 2014-04-21, 3:24pm
Flamewoman

My question would be, why does anyone order from him? It's easy to see his track record, so if you ordered, you should know you are going to get a bad experience, so shame on you. I bought an M-20 from him ages ago, before he got so bad, it is still running. I also ordered a hurricane that caught on fire in my shop, and I contacted my credit card company and had the charge reversed. Now I have machines that while they cost a lot more than the machines from Jack, work great, they are quiet cool and reliable and they arrived in about 10 days from ordering. There are no bargains out there anymore, and by the way there is no tooth fairy or santa claus either.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-04-21, 4:15pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Oh! Guess what just got delivered! I just hooked it up and...well, it works. I'll still use it as back-up only because my EX-15 is just so much quieter.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2014-04-21, 4:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
....... and by the way there is no tooth fairy or santa claus either.
WTH?

I ordered from Jack too and I am happy with the machines. I waited longer than I should have and my only comment is company size is irrelevant to delivery schedules PERIOD. Bad planning shouldn't be everyone else's problem.

These threads have been repeating for over 2 years - so that obviously indicates a huge problem.

I didn't intend to chime in since its obvious there are issues - I only jumped in because I just cant believe we would kill off the tooth fairy AND Santa Claus both!!! REALLY?

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2014-04-21 at 4:50pm.
Old 2014-04-21, 5:02pm

Quote:
My question would be, why does anyone order from him? It's easy to see his track record, so if you ordered, you should know you are going to get a bad experience, so shame on you..
i feel this is unfair. I ordered from them upon referral from a glass supplier BEFORE i discovered this forum back when i was setting up my home studio. It's not until I starting reading lampworketc that I found all of this out.
Old 2014-04-22, 9:21am
Shelarious

Quote:
My question would be, why does anyone order from him? It's easy to see his track record, so if you ordered, you should know you are going to get a bad experience, so shame on you. I bought an M-20 from him ages ago, before he got so bad, it is still running. I also ordered a hurricane that caught on fire in my shop, and I contacted my credit card company and had the charge reversed. Now I have machines that while they cost a lot more than the machines from Jack, work great, they are quiet cool and reliable and they arrived in about 10 days from ordering. There are no bargains out there anymore, and by the way there is no tooth fairy or santa claus either.

Old 2014-04-23, 8:41am
Shelarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieL View Post
thanks for the advice. I've sent an email, and will keep sending. Honestly, at this point, since i've already bought another, i'd rather just have my money back. But i'll take either. I live in canada, so probably can't easily pursue any kind of legal anything. I'll also try calling.
Here's the current phone number: 317-712-0515

They are posting on Craigslist offering a hometown handyman service: http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/hss/4411430128.html

You could contact them through Craigslist, too.