No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2007-10-14, 2:00pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.L.McBead View Post
On the second pendent what color is the center?
Great stuff as always.
G.
Good question... dunno?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-10-14, 8:17pm
He can do the origami

Kimberly,
I just told Brent the same thing......and I did it with the utmost respect as well. I respectfully can't stand him!!!!!

Otter
Old 2007-10-15, 2:49am
boro color bender

Shucks... you two sure know how to melt a guys heart with all those kind words.

I love you too!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-10-20, 12:05am
He can do the origami

O.K. it has officially been five days since your last post. I wanna see some creativity mister. It doesn't have to be pictures, just a few words of inspiration will do fine. In other words...dance for us monkey!

Your friend,
Otter
Old 2007-10-20, 5:43am
boro color bender

Old 2007-10-20, 6:02am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Ok, so I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now. I get asked all the time how I come up with stuff. Is this a tutorial? NOPE! It's going to be an ongoing thread about how my mind works... where my inspiration comes from and how one piece/idea leads to another. If you expect me to finish all of these ideas or finish them all the way to completion, you obviously don't know me very well. It may get crazy... I may leave you hanging out there in limbo wanting me to actually go in one direction... and I won't. My mind goes in 37 different directions at once. It's all part of living with ADD and being a creative soul.

OK, so here's what's on my mind this morning... I need to get 10 beads done for an exchange... they can't be pendants, but I want them to be hearts. I decided to pierce the body with hot tungsten to make the holes. I also don't want it to look unfinished. I have an idea for that and I'll share pics with you later...

Then I started thinking about my off mandrel donut beads...

and I added my idea for making the hearts look more finished to that... and then... I added a drip from my latest work to the mix.

The drip looks like this...

More pics and ideas to come later. Hold on folks, this is going to be fun!
Mr Smiley - I just love your way with glass, you make it look so easy!
Your drips are all the same size!!!! I can never get my drops to be like that, I make ear rings and have to really make a few before I can get them to look the same!!
ingrideh
Old 2007-10-21, 3:03am
He can do the origami

Not quite what I had in mind Brent, but it was amusing...... and what an uncanny resemblance, I thought it was you for a minute.

Otter
Old 2007-10-21, 3:12am
boro color bender

I couldn't pick my parents man...

Old 2007-10-22, 4:27pm
McLurkin'

I am so intrigued by your work. You have such a wide and varied style, I have always admired your hearts, but when I checked out your website and saw all the delicious soft glass organics...I couldn't help myself, I had to buy one!!! Keep up the amazing work, and I love the inner dialog you have shared with us. Makes me feel like I am not so crazy and scattered after all...maybe it is just an artist thing.
Anne
Old 2007-10-22, 4:32pm
boro color bender

My mind doesn't follow any set guide lines when I sit down to work. I am horrible at doing production stuff. I have to sit down with a book on CD and really try to focus on that, so my mind is occupied and doesn't wander. The last few days have been weird. I started to torch again after a weekend off. I had the kids and I wasn't feeling well a few days last week. I'm just making a little of this and that right now. I actually did some boro beads on sticks.

Old 2007-10-22, 4:38pm

On sticks. My oh my. Now you can stake some ones heart to the board. Hummm. Your coffee isn't doing it for you right now? You did it to me, I'm going to get hooked on the stuff. Now go make somethinggood in the morning to amuse us please.

Rose Leslie